HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Kind of silly that the company wants to prevent their software from being pirated as best as they can? Let's say all you need is the Interlink serial, and no Interlink. Then at your next club meeting, you collect funds and buy one copy of RF. Give the 30 members a copy of it, with the Interlink serial number. That's 29 lost sales for the company. Why would they want that?
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:45 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
882 Posts
"I would pay another $30 for an interlink serialized cord that trips the software for my TX. I like the program that much. " We just want a better way to use our tx's. Really.... what don't you get?
rsrguy3 is online now Find More Posts by rsrguy3
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:47 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,895 Posts
There are plenty of other software companies that protect their software without requiring some sort of dongle. If they didn't we'd have 500 dongles plugged into our computers at an given time.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:55 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
Really.... what don't you get?
What don't I get? Honestly, I don't get the fascination with using a real TX with RF. I consider it a novelty. Sure, I tried it, once, when I first got G2. I don't see the need for it. Nothing wrong with getting used to different radios. Imagine being at the field, and you're having troubles with your plane. You hand your radio off to a guy with more experience to help you, and he puts it in the ground anyway. "Sorry about that, but your radio is not exactly like my radio."

Not to mention that the Interlink was designed specifically to be used with RF. It functions perfectly. Why put the wear and tear on a real TX?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:14 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
882 Posts
Safety hawk and I, as well as I'm sure many others travel .... A lot. We only want to drag 1 TX with us. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp? If I could fly my planes w/ the rf controller we wouldn't be discussing this. I just want a small dongle, that's all. If RF would do this we'd be happy.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:19 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,895 Posts
It could be something as simple as a USB adapter the TX connects to also acts as the dongle.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:43 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Believe me, I get the concept of a flash drive size dongle. I travel as well on business. Not a big deal for me to bring my heli TX and my Interlink. Seriously, I never thought about not bringing my Interlink on business. It's what I use for RF at home, so I take it with me, too. Here's another idea for you to lighten your load: figure out how to brush your teeth and shave with your TX, and you can leave your toothbrush and razor at home, too!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Hello,

A number of years ago I was given a NexSTAR C-172 plane for my B-Day. I have finally began to use the sim it came with. It has the USB Real Flight Interface, and the Skysport controller T4YBF

Can I use this set up with Real Flight G5??

Thanks
Csubi is offline Find More Posts by Csubi
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
G5 comes with it's own required controller. The G5 upgrade (or RF6 upgrade for that matter) will work with A G3 or a G4 controller, nothing else.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply. I'll just stick to the basic sim it came with. It's tough enough.
Csubi is offline Find More Posts by Csubi
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:57 AM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
882 Posts
Well it's not an issue for me any more, I ditched my G5 and went to Phoenix. No inter link no and no bs, It's software protection is in the cord. I'm in Afghanistan now so having 1 TX is a much better situation. I also find Phoenix to be a bit more accurate when ccomparing the sim to actual flight.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:39 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,235 Posts
I really like my RF sim. Originally bought 4.5 and then 5.5 and now I'm just doing expansion pack 7 and enjoying the limited combat feature. RF taught me to fly long before I got my first plane... I wish RF offered more WWII combat planes. There are only 3 I can find, P-51, Camel, & a jet. I found a P39 in the swap files on RF website tonight. That's great! I downloaded a lot of planes but they don't all work. Some say I don't have the base model, others are war birds without guns! What's up with that!? Is there a simple way to put working guns on these models or is it a fairly complicated process? Thanks for any help in getting a better combat experience in RF.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Every plane in the swap file pages will tell you what files are required. Click on the name of the file for more information.

Guns can be added in the aircraft editor. You won't see them, but they will shoot. RF is an RC sim. How many planes at your local field have working guns? None, it's the law. If shoot 'em up games are your thing, you may want to look into something other than RF.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:43 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,235 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have enjoyed RF for years. I recommend it to anybody wanting to learn to fly.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Me too.