HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2011, 11:15 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
The whole dongle thing frustrates me. If I go out of town....instead of being able to bring just my radio and my laptop, I have to also include the 10foot trainer cord and the RF controller. Too much junk jammed into my backpack.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined May 2011
25 Posts
link for Chandler bowl doesn't work/ Realflight Virtual Flight Instruction audio issu

The link that was posted for the Chandler bowl:http://www.speedshutterphoto.com/Ph...andler-bowl.zip, doesn't work. I am trying to put this into the photofield/airport in Realflight G5.5. Any suggestions or does anyone have a digital photo that can be used for this purpose? Also, the Virtual Flight Instruction audio from the recorder has an echo when it plays. When I first click on a choice it starts to play in a single voice then it echoes. Also, is the aircraft from the simulator supposed to be on the field with the aircraft being used in the Virtual Flight Instructor? I have RealFlight G5.5; I already updated my audio drivers, etc. and sent an email to Tech support but no answers yet. Can anyone help?
air5 is offline Find More Posts by air5
Old May 31, 2011, 05:26 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
You're getting the voice echo because your difficulty is not set to advanced. Specifically, your sim speed (I forget what it's called) is not at 100% exactly. As for your other issues, call tech support. You'll have much better luck calling them than emailing them.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old May 31, 2011, 06:46 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined May 2011
25 Posts
thanks, I will try adjusting the settings
air5 is offline Find More Posts by air5
Old Jul 07, 2011, 11:42 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
real flight G5 w/o original controller

When I read that my controler would work I didn't know at the time that interlink controller was still mandatory.
After reading this extensive thread I understand by now that I made a mistake by buying real flight G5 w/o its original interlink controller. Well I figured it was cheaper as i already have a controller.

My question is: as I don't have interlink and therefore cannot even complete the installation of Real Flight, can I buy a interlink controller separately?
Or is the security so tight that I got to have both the G5 key and Elite controller key from the original package?
Thanks for your feedback.
lenarque is offline Find More Posts by lenarque
Old Jul 08, 2011, 05:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
You should go back to where you bought your software and demand the accompanying Interlink, or a refund. Even as a reale, they are to not to be sold seperately. You were taken advantage of by the seller.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:12 AM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
833 Posts
I hate this crap, they have lost me as a customer. First they(great planes) high-jack the hobby industry and now they hold me hostage to a stupid box that feels nothing like my controller. I'm going with one of the others from here on out. Any suggestions?
rsrguy3 is online now Find More Posts by rsrguy3
Old Jul 09, 2011, 06:49 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
Any suggestions?
Several come to mind, but would be considered off-topic. Why don't you plug your own radio into your Interlink controller? The product does come with the ability to do that.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:25 AM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
833 Posts
Because I'm in the same boat with safety hawk. I travel.... a lot and don't have room for both. I choose to take my dx7 every where, I buy pnp and bnf planes and helis on location. Dragging an inter link around blows. It's this kind of stuff that makes me wish I knew how to hack..... especially after spending $400+ on g4, the 5.5 upgrade and 3 expansion packs. I've put a bunch of money into GP's pocket for software, and I think it's stupid that I can't use it in a more convenient manor.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:55 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I've purchased, G2, G3, G4, G5, every AddOn (5) and every Expansion Pack (8). That's way more than your $400+. I also use the Interlink with my copy of RealFlight. I don't use my real radio for RF. The Interlink is similar enough for me. 2 sticks? Check. Assortment of buttons and knobs? Check. Remind me not to let you drive my car if you can't handle small differences in controls.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 02:07 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
833 Posts
I said it before, it's a PIA to drag two TX's onto a plane in carry on. No need to belittle me. My frustration was at GP not you, I'm irritated at the inflexibility of the link issue, and you managed to take it personally, just because something is perfect in your little world does not mean it automatically applies to the rest of us. RF has been hacked and shared all over the place, I paid for mine, I just think it's silly to make a big deal about the interlink when the cyber thieves out there have already ripped them off. Funny, I would pay another $30 for an interlink serialized cord that trips the software for my TX. I like the program that much.
Last edited by rsrguy3; Jul 11, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 04:50 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
and now they hold me hostage to a stupid box that feels nothing like my controller.
Your first complaint about the "stupid box" as you call it. That is what I was addressing. Okay, time for more of your name calling, I'll pass on that. Not my style.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:51 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenarque View Post
My question is: as I don't have interlink and therefore cannot even complete the installation of Real Flight, can I buy a interlink controller separately?
Or is the security so tight that I got to have both the G5 key and Elite controller key from the original package?
Thanks for your feedback.
Indeed RealFlight customer support told me I couldn't. However the seller assures me it is a make believe from the company and that he would send me the controller key#. All I need is to get an interlink controller.
2 questions:
- would you agree with this? I mean have you tested his assumption?
- I don't have interlink but a basic 2.4 GHz, 4ch controller named "Blitz RC Works". It works great freeware FMS 2.0. Could I use it instead of an interlink controller once I have the original controller code# ?
In hope I didn't waste my money in vain.
Thanks all.
lenarque is offline Find More Posts by lenarque
Old Jul 11, 2011, 08:12 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenarque View Post
Indeed RealFlight customer support told me I couldn't. However the seller assures me it is a make believe from the company and that he would send me the controller key#. All I need is to get an interlink controller.
2 questions:
- would you agree with this? I mean have you tested his assumption?
- I don't have interlink but a basic 2.4 GHz, 4ch controller named "Blitz RC Works". It works great freeware FMS 2.0. Could I use it instead of an interlink controller once I have the original controller code# ?
In hope I didn't waste my money in vain.
Thanks all.
It will not start without the Interlink plugged in. Furthermore, you have to validate your Interlink by hitting the reset button once you launch RF. Kinda silly really.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Jul 11, 2011, 09:16 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
833 Posts
Ditto!