SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
I recently saw a Space Scooter up close...I'm not sure it's a plane that I lust for but it's an interesting design. With that high wing and sporty shape, it doesn't quite look like anything else.
Other than the Sky Scooter... of course.
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen38 View Post
When Multiplex pulls the plug on one of their beloved kits, it's a sad day for all of us.

Which of their extinct kits do you most wish you could get your grubby mits on?

Do you harbor any hope of a re-release?
Smokescreen38,

what a dangerous thread you have started here. Since reading it first time a few months ago, I have managed the locate and purchase the wonderful Sonic Liner (which I had never heard of before), and now the TwinJet

Like the Sonic Liner, I will build and fly the TwinJet. Probably with modest power 2122mm outrunners and counter rotating props. As far as I can see, the wing profile of the TwinJet is designed for more lift / lower speed than the FunJet...

EDIT: I read somewhere that the recommended CoG point is at bit too far aft for most pilots liking. Would 1 cm further forward be better? THX

I stumbled over this nice, old video when searching for CoG info:

TWINJET MULTIPLEX DIRECTORSCUT (1 min 11 sec)
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Last edited by mike_o; Nov 27, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:37 PM
full throttle flyer
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
dleted
my_names_nobody is offline Find More Posts by my_names_nobody
Last edited by my_names_nobody; Dec 10, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:51 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_names_nobody View Post
im suprised no one isnt making the twinjet anymore , there used to be alot of clones out there , now everyone is asking for top dollar for one. now that is a plane that would sell

this one is mine convert into a monojet after i crashed it . im looking for another one since this one is no longer considered a twinjet .
OOOooh, I like red
What did you use?
Why all that reflex in the photo?
I've had blue TJ's (Blue Shark?) but never a white one.Was there a planform change/upgrade with the white one?
Skies
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:43 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBornOne View Post
I've had blue TJ's (Blue Shark?) but never a white one. Was there a planform change/upgrade with the white one?
No, the blue and the white versions came out the same time and the only difference to the former gray/green/blueish version was the color of the material used.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:09 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
No, the blue and the white versions came out the same time and the only difference to the former gray/green/blueish version was the color of the material used.

Jürgen
Thanks Jurgen
J
P.S. Though I think the TE could stand some straightening out.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:17 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Most definitely!

Jürgen
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:25 AM
full throttle flyer
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
the reason it looks like it has alot of reflex is because it doesnt have any control horns/rod or servos installled . so it just stood up like that in the photo . once i installed back the electronics i will massage the reflex to be straigt. as for paint . i just used miniwax. over the stock gray .then i painted it and and put another coat of miniwax .
i want a white one so i can do a different paint scheme
Last edited by my_names_nobody; Nov 28, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_names_nobody View Post
...I massaged the reflex to be straigt. ...
That's what we were referring to, the strong reflex of the elevons, not the fact that they were in "full up position".

Jürgen
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:03 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Jurgen
J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Most definitely!

Jürgen
I was advised to heat up my elevons and flatten them out when I bought my Twinjet...but I was pretty sure that if I did this, the plane would require some reflex in the trim anyway as most delta configuration planes do, so it would be a wasted effort. I opted to leave mine stock, balance at the reccommended CG points and it flies perfectly! It has a slight tendency to rise with throttle but nothing that you can't easily compensate for.

You might be able to save a small amount of drag by flattening them out but unless you're going for a speed record, I suggest leaving them alone. This is a fairly draggy airframe regardless.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:04 PM
full throttle flyer
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
I was advised to heat up my elevons and flatten them out when I bought my Twinjet...but I was pretty sure that if I did this, the plane would require some reflex in the trim anyway as most delta configuration planes do, so it would be a wasted effort. I opted to leave mine stock, balance at the reccommended CG points and it flies perfectly! It has a slight tendency to rise with throttle but nothing that you can't easily compensate for.

You might be able to save a small amount of drag by flattening them out but unless you're going for a speed record, I suggest leaving them alone. This is a fairly draggy airframe regardless.
mine climbs with throttle down . i had the ship trimmed for hi speed . and it would track very nicely once i let go of the throttle it would climb slightly .who knows i may just keep the reflex on its built that way for a reason . and as you stated most "if not all delta wings fly with at least 5mm flex on the elevons .
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
full throttle flyer
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
this is a nice video of the twin jet .
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:46 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,877 Posts
My TJ flew ballistic (read that vertical) with slight up input.Full down could barely keep it level.Yes,there was carnage.
I suspected thrust angle & reflex so I flattened the reflexed elevon and re-mounted the motors to adj. the thrust angle (using short lengths of tubing for visual reference) to parallel with the chord line.
Flew a dream afterwards.
In the early days after the TJ's release there was a couple vids that blew me away.This is from those vids!
One was a fellow flying along side or in front of a boat as it cruised a waterway.about 5-7 min long IIRC.I would guesstimate 5-15 mph speeds.All caught on camera from behind the pilot.Right up to the landing (or catch?) in the boat.
The there was the vid flying around a fountain,The pond,IIRC was a large circle in & above ground maybe.The singular fountain streamed about 40' in the air around 10-20 degrees from vertical forming a pleasant arc.This TJ pilot fly around the fountain,through the arc and thru the water stream! It was Great!. Alas,all lost on a HDD far far away.
Skies
Jay.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
In the early days after the TJ's release there was a couple vids that blew me away.This is from those vids!
One was a fellow flying along side or in front of a boat as it cruised a waterway.about 5-7 min long IIRC.I would guesstimate 5-15 mph speeds.All caught on camera from behind the pilot.Right up to the landing (or catch?) in the boat.
The there was the vid flying around a fountain, ...
Those videos were from RCG user "henke" from Sweden. He is still active here.

Jürgen
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:37 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,953 Posts
I keep hearing that you can still buy a Microjet... is that right? Are there any suppliers in North America?

I'd love to buy one and do a light weight set up.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX