HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:18 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
I just got back to working on this from a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks
Okay, on the cable going to the HT input on the EzUHF Tx, did you swap the PPM in and PPM out? Do the channels you have set up in the TrackR2 match the channels labelled as 'input' in the ImmersionRC tools? Are they also subsequently mapped to the proper channels as listed in 'output'?

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:24 PM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
Okay, on the cable going to the HT input on the EzUHF Tx, did you swap the PPM in and PPM out? Do the channels you have set up in the TrackR2 match the channels labelled as 'input' in the ImmersionRC tools? Are they also subsequently mapped to the proper channels as listed in 'output'?

Cheers,

Sander.
Thanks Sander. Yes the PPMs are swapped. The channels are set to 7 and 8 in the radio and in immersion tools. I have also set them on the tracker 'beep' menu and confirmed.
chimaera is offline Find More Posts by chimaera
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:29 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Sander. Yes the PPMs are swapped. The channels are set to 7 and 8 in the radio and in immersion tools. I have also set them on the tracker 'beep' menu and confirmed.
In that case it should just work, don't know why it wouldn't

Can you send it out to Tim? That might be the quickest way to get this resolved. Just the EzUHF Tx, a Rx and the TrackR2.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:43 PM
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
In that case it should just work, don't know why it wouldn't

Can you send it out to Tim? That might be the quickest way to get this resolved. Just the EzUHF Tx, a Rx and the TrackR2.

Cheers,

Sander.

I know it is very odd. It works great through the trainer port with a spektrum module, but not so here. I will send it to Tim.

Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:52 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,828 Posts
because something does not seem to be working as it should, adding additional channels to make something work does not make logical sence

must be an engineering flaw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappy View Post
David22: it's something that costs me 10 seconds to do and it works perfectly after. why even discuss it? it's not like having this feature removes something, it's just that I'm transmitting a couple of additional channels that the plane ignores by not having any servos attached to it. fwiw, I use 6 channels on my wing, so it's just 1 additional channel.
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:55 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
because something does not seem to be working as it should, adding additional channels to make something work does not make logical sence

must be an engineering flaw?
if I remember correctly TSLRS and DL have quite a few problems with this issue as well although it shows differently. further, no >8CH futaba receiver works with multiplex transmitters. No >8ch multiplex receiver works with futaba transmitters.

So either all these devices have an engineering flaw, or it's as Sander and I stated ... a proprietary way of doing things.
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:16 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,828 Posts
Oh I thought you were talking about useing a multiplex tx with a uhf system
and haveing to add chanells that are not needed to make it work properly.

But I see it is more complicated than that.
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:59 PM
USA, AR, Paragould
Joined May 2010
63 Posts
new guy question here. I've recently developed a strong urge to get into FPV but i'm not sure of what all I need and exactly how the equipment works. I know I need a camera, tx/rx for the camera, and a display of some sort for it. The real gray area for me is how does the airplane tx play into it. Does my transmitter plug into this thing some how and use it to communicate with the airplane controls as well as the camera? basically I'm wanting to find out a total cost and exactly what I'll need. I'd really like to get the telemetry module if I can afford it all. I know past systems I've seen are usually in the $1000 range. Also anyone know a ballpark range for a DX7?
lankers is offline Find More Posts by lankers
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:08 PM
Joined Oct 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
I think you have your prop on backwards?

Cheers,

Sander.
Yeap!
Roberto Araos is offline Find More Posts by Roberto Araos
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:08 PM
airplanes r made from aluminum
United States, SC, Darlington
Joined Jul 2009
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankers View Post
new guy question here. I've recently developed a strong urge to get into FPV but i'm not sure of what all I need and exactly how the equipment works. I know I need a camera, tx/rx for the camera, and a display of some sort for it. The real gray area for me is how does the airplane tx play into it. Does my transmitter plug into this thing some how and use it to communicate with the airplane controls as well as the camera? basically I'm wanting to find out a total cost and exactly what I'll need. I'd really like to get the telemetry module if I can afford it all. I know past systems I've seen are usually in the $1000 range. Also anyone know a ballpark range for a DX7?
me too, so if someone would kindly shed some light here that would be greeeeat.
wilem is offline Find More Posts by wilem
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:52 AM
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Please don't take this as an insult because it is not meant to be insulting, but I was in the same position over a year ago. If you want to do this hobby you literally need to start by working your way through the forums. There is simply too much to just explain in a post or two. I spent at least 50 hours reading before I spent a dime and hundreds of hours since. We can give you a starting point but then it is really up to you. This is not for the faint of heart. Have you flown a RC plane before? If not you need to master that first. The radio moves the controls on the plane. The video from the camera is passed through an osd (on screen display) that overlays information onto the video and passes it to the video transmitter. The osd is attached to sensors including current sensors that give information about your battery volume and current being used. A GPS unit gives you info about how far you are going, speed, altitude, etc. You can build a pan and tilt that moves the camera around.

This is a simple explanation, but start reading. Again if you have not flown rc then forget FPV until you can do that well.

Good luck
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:31 AM
USA, AR, Paragould
Joined May 2010
63 Posts
Quote:
Please don't take this as an insult because it is not meant to be insulting, but I was in the same position over a year ago. If you want to do this hobby you literally need to start by working your way through the forums. There is simply too much to just explain in a post or two. I spent at least 50 hours reading before I spent a dime and hundreds of hours since. We can give you a starting point but then it is really up to you. This is not for the faint of heart. Have you flown a RC plane before? If not you need to master that first. The radio moves the controls on the plane. The video from the camera is passed through an osd (on screen display) that overlays information onto the video and passes it to the video transmitter. The osd is attached to sensors including current sensors that give information about your battery volume and current being used. A GPS unit gives you info about how far you are going, speed, altitude, etc. You can build a pan and tilt that moves the camera around.

This is a simple explanation, but start reading. Again if you have not flown rc then forget FPV until you can do that well.

Good luck
yea I fly all the time. I'm just wanting to get into FPV. my question was do you need 2 separate receivers in the plane (1 for video and 1 for controls) or does the plane tx get passed through this system instead.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:48 AM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,321 Posts
Quote:
yea I fly all the time. I'm just wanting to get into FPV. my question was do you need 2 separate receivers in the plane (1 for video and 1 for controls) or does the plane tx get passed through this system instead.

+1 on the 50 hours of reading :-D start of on the sticky pages and work your way thru slowly

quick answer , no
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:55 AM
USA, AR, Paragould
Joined May 2010
63 Posts
I love how rather than spending 5 minutes to actually answer my question, people just tell you to go piss away 50 hours of reading. it's a simple question, but clearly not gonna get help here.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:00 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
I love how rather than spending 5 minutes to actually answer my question, people just tell you to go piss away 50 hours of reading. it's a simple question, but clearly not gonna get help here.
Well, this is the EzUHF topic, hence folks like to keep on topic (and that's usually appreciated). Having general questions about FPV, or how/what goes where exactly, are best addressed in a new topic, or any of the 'I'm starting out with FPV, what do I need' topics, of which there are many.

Short answer to your question: a FPV plane is a normal RC plane with a audio/video transmitter and a small camera added, no more, no less. On the ground a audio/video receiver picks up the signal from the audio/video transmitter and displays the camera's image on a small LCD monitor or a pair of video goggles. That's it really!

Cheers,

Sander.