Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:28 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
I hate you lot at ImmersionRC! Why didn't you bring this out before Christmas when I had plenty of spare cash in the bank? Now I have to sit and watch as the first batch will no doubt get sold out and will probably have to wait until Christmas before I get my hands on one.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:32 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,183 Posts
Why until next Christmas ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
I hate you lot at ImmersionRC! Why didn't you bring this out before Christmas when I had plenty of spare cash in the bank? Now I have to sit and watch as the first batch will no doubt get sold out and will probably have to wait until Christmas before I get my hands on one.
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:40 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Because that's probably when I'll next have the cash to splash on an EZUHF. I just work a few months of the year and then just budget to make my money last the rest of the year, which means that if all goes well, I won't have to work again until september. So, it will be Christmas time before my bank account is topped up again. So much great FPV stuff around at the moment and I'm really regretting the new kitchen in my house.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:03 PM
Christo le Roux
Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jul 2007
52 Posts
Congratulations to Sander and the team for what seems to be a great product!

I would like to know if the receiver provides a PPM output stream or not? If not on a connector, can a wire be soldered somewhere to bring it out?

I would also like to know what the resolution of the 8 servo channels is (how many bits per channel)?

Christo
diemanvanstaal is online now Find More Posts by diemanvanstaal
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:18 PM
FPV Flyer
Madrid, Spain
Joined Mar 2006
763 Posts
Congratulations Anthony&Sander for this new LRS, I still have my Aerolink 1 as beta test system and I love it.
wavess is offline Find More Posts by wavess
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:26 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Mar 2004
83 Posts
Sander,

Nice work, and nice packaging! I want one, and I'm just barely getting started in FPV. Flying was starting to get boring, but these awesome Immersion products are really putting some life back into the hobby.

I'm always concerned about being an initial purchaser, only to find a revision a short time later that costs more money. I'm sure these products will perform beautifully, but technology and ideas are always improving. Is the system firmware upgradeable? Would there be a fee? Thanks for the contribution to the RC hobby.

Cheers!
Brad
Brad B. is offline Find More Posts by Brad B.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:35 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Any teaser on the tranceiver add-ons?
etman is offline Find More Posts by etman
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:37 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob00 View Post
Thanks for that comparison. Well done!
etman is offline Find More Posts by etman
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:01 AM
The Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
Because that's probably when I'll next have the cash to splash on an EZUHF. I just work a few months of the year and then just budget to make my money last the rest of the year, which means that if all goes well, I won't have to work again until september. So, it will be Christmas time before my bank account is topped up again. So much great FPV stuff around at the moment and I'm really regretting the new kitchen in my house.
Do you do seasonal work or it did you chose to work only a few months a year yourself?
CrashingDutchman is offline Find More Posts by CrashingDutchman
Old Mar 25, 2010, 02:08 AM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
awesome I am so happy for this product, now people have some options, i have irc tx and ezosd+tracker it makes absolutely no sense for me not to have this!
dr_patso is offline Find More Posts by dr_patso
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:26 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad B. View Post
I'm always concerned about being an initial purchaser, only to find a revision a short time later that costs more money. I'm sure these products will perform beautifully, but technology and ideas are always improving. Is the system firmware upgradeable? Would there be a fee? Thanks for the contribution to the RC hobby.

Cheers!
Brad
Well, we as a company pride ourselves to developing products that have seen many months of use and refinement before they are released for manufacturing. We would never put our customer in the seat of a beta tester where a product is released and in the months following its release all issues with it are ironed out at the expense of the customer. Nor would we do incremental upgrades and new revisions after the product has been on the month for a short period of time.

If you look at our product portfolio and the general appreciation of the ImmersionRC brand you'll realize that.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:31 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diemanvanstaal View Post
I would like to know if the receiver provides a PPM output stream or not? If not on a connector, can a wire be soldered somewhere to bring it out?
Yes, you refer to Mikrokopter mode? This can be enabled with the click of a button in our application software, as can many other receiver specific settings (cloning of channels, firmware update, etc. etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemanvanstaal View Post
I would also like to know what the resolution of the 8 servo channels is (how many bits per channel)?
We're using 8-bits, which translates to 256 individual steps, for a typical servo the resolution per step is 60/256 = 0.23 degrees. In all of our testing we've not seen any reason to use anything higher. I personally use two camera pan/tilt mounts on my planes which are geared and offer 270-degree of pan. Even there the operation is smooth and you can't see any steps or stuttering.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:32 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,287 Posts
Wow ! this is Achille's heel of this system !
Kidding, but expect a lot of bashing for this limitation, I see how was blamed Aurora 9 for featuring "only" 1024 steps resolution...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:36 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Wow ! this is Achille's heel of this system !
Kidding, but expect a lot of bashing for this limitation, I see how was blamed Aurora 9 for featuring "only" 1024 steps resolution...
Folks that complain simply need to show me an application where 256 steps/0.23 degrees of resolution is not enough. Frankly all other long range (UHF) systems have the same resolution last time I checked. Also, it is easy to increase the number of steps, that'll just eat into the sensitvity though as baud rate and sensitivity are related.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 04:49 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,273 Posts
180 degree pan / 256 steps is 0.7 degrees per step. That *is* noticeable.
Of course a lot of people use cheap servos for P&T with resolution that is worse than that
and thus they wouldn't notice. The Hyperion Atlas servos I use have more than 400
steps of resolution over 180 degrees of rotation.

And not to harp on this, but why does the subject say AVAILABLE NOW! when you still
can't actually order this system anywhere? I thought we were supposed to be past this.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member