HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:31 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappy View Post
0.2W, not 0.02W at output power
and 0.6 indeed thx changed

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...=0&output=html
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:37 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob00 View Post
By the way i took this occasion to update this page, i hope it looks correct:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...=0&output=html
Few errors:

Voltage input Rx : 4.8 - 7.4V
Current Rx : 35mA

LNA/Filters : most certainly, on all inputs/outputs

Voltage out (servos) : 3.3V

Sensitibity Rx : -112dBm

Power levels: 0.2W - 0.6W, but we also have lower power modes available as we can attenuate the output at will.

Distress/locate beacon : most certainly

Size Tx : 23x73x80mm
Weight Tx : 118 grams

USB control: the Tx can be connected to a PC and have joystick control etc.

Those were just a few things I noticed.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
Registered User
wallaguest1's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
mmm what a nice product!

but dont looks very confortable to attach it in the back of the radio when external supply its needed,
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:52 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
mmm what a nice product!

but dont looks very confortable to attach it in the back of the radio when external supply its needed,
In most cases (especially with the immensely popular FF7/FF9/FF10) you can just connect directly to the radio via the trainer power and draw power from there, like my own personal FF7 transmitter for example pictured below.





Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:53 AM
Challenging Convention
Andology's Avatar
UK
Joined Jun 2006
717 Posts
while you're updating the LRS comparison chart (which is great effort, as with the OSD one, good job)... i noticed you've got "Detress bacons" as a feature which i believe should be "distress beacon"

Cheers

Andy
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:55 AM
Challenging Convention
Andology's Avatar
UK
Joined Jun 2006
717 Posts
doesnt look as sexy without the new Carbon Fibre plates on the transmitter module!
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
Distress/locate beacon : most certainly

USB control: the Tx can be connected to a PC and have joystick control etc.
Thanks for the additional data (link ref http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...=0&output=html )

I'm wondering if the joystick support is already existing, or you just mean can be done?
Also, same question for the distress bacon

thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andology View Post
while you're updating the LRS comparison chart (which is great effort, as with the OSD one, good job)... i noticed you've got "Detress bacons" as a feature which i believe should be "distress beacon"
indeed, quite a noob error, i corrected it as well ^^
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:06 PM
Registered User
wallaguest1's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
what about a 90 SMA connector in the Tx module?

this way the antena is in the correct polarization for best range
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:24 PM
Challenging Convention
Andology's Avatar
UK
Joined Jun 2006
717 Posts
one of them

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=258&page=2

Although people don't like connectors coz of loss etc.. by the sounds of it though, you could probably afford to lose a whole bunch before you start noticing anything @ less than 15km away...

Cheers

Andy
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2009
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
what about a 90 SMA connector in the Tx module?

this way the antena is in the correct polarization for best range
How about one of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Lot-Right-Angl...item335b4198c4

Another way to mount the transmitter is on a tripod, with a relatively high gain omni pointing straight up. Since the transmitter interface is a standard 4-pin mini-din, any S-Video extension cable can be used to make the connection to it.
Most audio/video stores carry some nice super-flexible S-Video extension cables, which are ideal for this.
(for those technical folks who realize that S-Video cables are two twisted-pairs... yes, they are twisted appropriately for EzUHF use)
ImmersionRC is offline Find More Posts by ImmersionRC
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:33 PM
Senior Gravity Checker
Tampa, Florida
Joined Mar 2001
1,049 Posts
What could be better than distress bacon. Mmmmm... I'd buy it for that option alone!
kist2001 is online now Find More Posts by kist2001
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:55 PM
Challenging Convention
Andology's Avatar
UK
Joined Jun 2006
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kist2001 View Post
What could be better than distress bacon. Mmmmm... I'd buy it for that option alone!
Although that kind of assumes your battery pack is still connected in your "downed" plane, which from most peoples accounts & experience is very seldom the case...
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:58 PM
Challenging Convention
Andology's Avatar
UK
Joined Jun 2006
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmersionRC View Post
How about one of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Lot-Right-Angl...item335b4198c4

Another way to mount the transmitter is on a tripod, with a relatively high gain omni pointing straight up. Since the transmitter interface is a standard 4-pin mini-din, any S-Video extension cable can be used to make the connection to it.
Most audio/video stores carry some nice super-flexible S-Video extension cables, which are ideal for this.
(for those technical folks who realize that S-Video cables are two twisted-pairs... yes, they are twisted appropriately for EzUHF use)

I'm assuming we're gonna need to keep the transmitter away from the 2.4Ghz video Rx antennas? Coz would be good to bung a UHF (transmitting) antenna on the tracker with all the other (receiving) gear...

Cheers

Andy
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2009
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andology View Post
I'm assuming we're gonna need to keep the transmitter away from the 2.4Ghz video Rx antennas? Coz would be good to bung a UHF (transmitting) antenna on the tracker with all the other (receiving) gear...

Cheers

Andy
With these power levels its actually not really a problem. Even when standing beside the tripod containing the receiver antenna, on high power.

This is one of the problems with the higher-power solutions, with a 7W PA, you really need to run a several-meter cable to a second tripod in order to avoid some nasty interference.
Of course, what makes things worse, is that the PA is generally required when the plane is at long range, and gets into trouble, which is where the video signal is generally marginal. A marginal video signal is knocked out far easier by the overpowering UHF interfering signal.

So you basically get to choose uplink, or video, or uplink, or video, or uplink... :-)
ImmersionRC is offline Find More Posts by ImmersionRC
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:22 PM
Challenging Convention
Andology's Avatar
UK
Joined Jun 2006
717 Posts
but not both.....
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Long Range UHF RC system now avail on STOCK thomasscherrer FPV Equipment 13531 Today 04:36 PM
Discussion First FPV application for the iPhone, decode EzOSD Telemetry : Beta Now Available! ImmersionRC FPV Talk 107 Sep 09, 2011 09:37 PM
Discussion EzUHF, the full duplex long range link with FHSS and diversity ssassen FPV Talk 304 Feb 23, 2011 02:48 AM
For Sale Hitec Mini 6s Extra Long Range Receiver Flyin Brick Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 May 22, 2010 09:54 PM
Discussion Your Long Range FPV Heli Dream Set Up ? djdaveq FPV Talk 2 Feb 26, 2010 12:55 AM