Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 28, 2010, 03:36 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
Wobby, the way I understood it the FPV stores will offer the antennas, ImmersionRC just supplies the EzUHF units. If you need a "buy now" solution, you can order these antennas:
http://www.active-robots.co.uk/433mh...ght-p-544.html

I've been told they work best in all conditions and I've already got them lying on the table.
The FPV stores should carry these once the EzUHF is in stock.

You can get better antennas, of course, but the question is if you'll really need them. Unless you've got a video system that can take you 20 miles, the chances are you'll be more than set with these antennas. By the time R/C range does become a problem, I'm sure there will be better alternatives available.
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2010, 03:37 PM
Joined Nov 2009
33 Posts
next subjects...

I change the stock 2.4ghz 10mv fat shark tx for a 2.4ghz 500mv, I can't go really far without getting glitch, about 350-400 meters,

if I buy a diversity duo 2400 with patch antenna, how far I could go?

And how many dbi for the antenna is enough? for a 2.5km to 5km?

I also got EZOSD, it's a plug'n'fly into the EZUHF?
or the EZUHF come with another ezosd?

and finally, I can't make my computer talk to the ezosd for firmware upgrade... is there any driver I miss?
Jeff1977 is offline Find More Posts by Jeff1977
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:04 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
Jeff, you'll need some drivers I think. Check out the documentation available at immersionrc.com

Regarding range, you should first optimize your video placement (open a separate thread, include pictures and let us help you out). You should get ~1km with the fatsharks. After that, get a Duo 2.4 and the 11dbi diversity patch. It will let you go out to ~5km provided everything else works well.

The EzOSD is plug&fly with the EzUHF, but I think there will be a firmware update necessary.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:23 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
Thanks Trap,
I'm just going to go back to sitting on the fence on this one, until such time a LRS is sold as a simple package, that is out of the box, and fly.

Only need a LRS to match what My 9C on 36Mhz can do, nothing more.
Good Futaba Receivers are too expensive, and i'm getting tired of catching my 2mtr antenna on stuff as i fly around with my LR planes.

So, in short, until an FPV vendor has a single (buy now) button that simply lets me purchase something complete and ready to use out of the box, i'll just go back to waiting another 6 months and see whats around then.

I've been in RC for 35 years, i just enjoy building and flying, period......
Have no interest in spending my time reading 1000's of posts and studying up on something that i shouldn't have to.
As it is now, the very limited time i spend on RCG is already too much, and the onslaught of PM's, emails, messages via youtube, etc, helping everyone else out with fpv stuff, doesn't leave me much time.

Anyways, Some of us enjoy the tech side of the hobby, and others like myself, just enjoy the flying more so.

Its not unusual to have a dozen planes at hand that i fly fpv, and it only takes me an hour at the most to kit out an FPV.
Normally i would have about 50 flyable planes at hand in my hanger, and a stockpile of NIB planes as well.

I buy all my stuff in bulk from Mainland china, so i also have tonnes of fpv gear at hand all the time.
Most my fpv flying is simply parkflying fpv as i call it (within a 1~2km diameter)
I have a few setups for long distance, but simply having a nice simple LRS with reasonably priced LR receivers that i can use across the board is all i need.

ANyways, i like the look of the ezUHF, i think it will suit my needs, I'll re-visit this forum in a few months when the vendors actually have stock and a simple (buy now) that comes with appropriate antennas all round.

As you guys know, ive been on this forum long enuf, and advocating the SIMPLE aproach all along.

thanks
Wobby is offline Find More Posts by Wobby
Old Mar 28, 2010, 06:28 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
Wobby, I think stock should be a LOT sooner than "few months". It should actually arrive in Canada this week as the thread was started after the first shipment went out to readymaderc and nghobbies.

I think the EzUHF is a large step forward for the "plug & fly" crowd. But also since you can chose a wide array of antennas it's also nice for the "tweak & build" crowd. I really hope the FPV stores come out with a combo-deal package - and knowing Tim and Zoltan they probably are working on that already full steam.
Last edited by trappy; Mar 28, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:34 PM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
im pretty confused about the antennas, not a good move in my mind, I was looking at them on mr.pibbs readymaderc, thers like 4 different types, do i put the silly rubber ducky antennas on the receiver? that doesn't make it an easy install into the plane, the smallest 1/4 wave male sma ive found nonextended is 5inchs (135mm) not a deal breaker but annoying to me someone who knows nothing about antennas, would you just remove the plastic case of the antenna so you can work them into your plane easier? i'm over this by now but 15 minutes into looking at them i just got annoyed, not a deal breaker though
dr_patso is offline Find More Posts by dr_patso
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:40 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
dr_patso, what about this one?
http://readymaderc.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=184
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:44 PM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
huh? ezuhf is sma! and that antenna is like 11 inches long,.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:44 PM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
yup, went back and edited already getting confused myself here
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:55 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2007
2,530 Posts
haha, as i roll round laughing.

This goes from frustratingly bad to a joke.

11", haha, try 20" now !

PLUS , Actually, you need 2 extra antennas in your plane on these lrs receivers.

So count em, 3 antennas on your plane all up.

I for one have no interest flying my funjets with 3 hard plastic antennas sticking out of it.

Now with the options of 2 of them at 20" long each, i cant contain myself.

Ive just done the EZ solution i needed, ive hit the (thread tools->Unsubscribe)

Thanks guys,
Wobby is offline Find More Posts by Wobby
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:58 PM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
hahaha thanks trappy =) see the antenna thing is just a pain in the rearass if anything will do (gain and performance wise) why not just include them like other un announced uhf manufacturers, I'm sure Mr. Pibb will make a drop down to add suggested antennas for each part, but I hope he sticks with ONE, or has one with (recommended) in the drop down. MR PIBB YOU LISTENING? lol.. =)
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:01 PM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
Also I agree I dont want hard plastic 5 inch or longer antennas in my plane, also the guy who sold me my immersion rc vtx soldered a 3 or 4 inch copper element on to the sma connector, is that bad?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:06 AM
NJ
Joined Sep 2006
172 Posts
I read pages 1 through 7 and did not see this question or an answer.
Will this system work with Spektrum/JR radios? It seems Futaba is supported but what about people with Spektrum and JR?
vadim is offline Find More Posts by vadim
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:46 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,395 Posts
There should be a sticky titled
"If your RC Tx has a PPM signal *somewhere* in it, then it will work with your UHF LRS Tx module!"

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:06 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
haha, as i roll round laughing.

This goes from frustratingly bad to a joke.
Some people just don't get it I guess? The EzUHF is supplied without antennas just because we don't want to force anything on the customer. The customer can thus customize his build as much as he likes, from a simple coaxial wire antenna with the 4ch EzUHF Rx for small planes to a pair of whip antennas with a bit of gain and the 8ch EzUHF Rx for larger planes.

We have a selection of antennas we recommend to the retailers, all these will work, just select those that fit your needs, with size and weight being the main selection criteria. Of course it is silly to stuff two large whips on a FunJet, but that's your choice if you want to. A FunJet will do fine with two of the small whips (4 inch in length) or rather a single one together with the 4ch EzUHF.

If you find that selecting a few antennas to suit your needs daunting, I suggest you stay away from FPV flying, as it is ALL about antennas.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)