HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Blayne Chastain, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 04:46 PM
Onward & Upwards
Joined Sep 2004
101 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Sold
Sprite "Mini Supra" 2 Meter TD For Sale

Sold. Thanks!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204466

Best,

B
Blayne Chastain is offline Find More Posts by Blayne Chastain
Last edited by Blayne Chastain; Mar 26, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
Stamford
Joined Nov 2004
256 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Wow Blayne,
I can't believe you haven't sold the Sprite yet.
My E version is the best glider I have ever owned.

This one would be a better glider for less money than trying to go to a 3M ship. The fit, finish and durability is the best I've seen.
Hope this helps.
mylestone is online now Find More Posts by mylestone
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:01 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Blayne,

I've been looking at the e version of the Sprite. Cutting the nose to add a motor is no problem, but does the TD version have the capability of mounting the elevator and rudder servos in the tail like the e version does?

Thanks,
Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:26 AM
Stamford
Joined Nov 2004
256 Posts
The fuse for the e version at the tail is different. The servos would not be at the tail. THe real problem would be cutting the Kevlar Pod which is built very stout, at least on the E-version. I would consider buying an e fuse seperately and having both available to you. However with the right tools it can be done and the pod is so roomy that you could leave the servos in and ad a small very light motor like a gearless low KV inrunner which should help with the CG position.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:02 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Looking at pictures of the two versions, they seem to have a similar carbon fairing at the base of the fin. Aren't they basically the same, or are they from completely different molds? Just wondering if the fairing on the TD version could be modified to accept servos.

Thanks,
Randy
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:30 AM
Stamford
Joined Nov 2004
256 Posts
Not sure why your so determined to move the servos to the tail. It might be possible but is not necessary. Ask Blayne to send you photos of the tail section
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:10 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,974 Posts
Because with a motor and battery and ESC up front, I'd be real surprised if it didn't need weight in the tail, especially if the servos also have to go up in the pod. If there's room under the wing for them that would help, but the tail would be the best location.

Randy