HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Hoverup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 01:50 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Sold
Receiver ready 1/4 scale Sig J3 Cub - Local pick up only

SIG manufacturing product description:

The yellow Piper J-3 Cub is one of aviation’s genuine classics. There was a time when the general public thought that every airplane flying was either a DC-3 or a Piper Cub. More than 20,000 Cubs were built between 1937 - 1947, and for years after that it was the most commonly seen airplane at airports all over the country. Forgiving flight characteristics, light wing loading, and hands-off stability made it perfect for America’s weekend pilots. The Cub design is ideal for R/C flying and makes an excellent first-time 1/4-scale project.
Die-Cut Parts
Aileron Pushrods
Formed Main Landing Gear Wires
Spruce & Aluminum Wing Struts
Brass Tube Jury Struts
Adjustable Tail Brace Wires
Easy-to-Transport 2-Piece Wing Design
Authentic Decals
4 Sheets of Full-Size Plans
Photo-Illustrated Instruction Book
Scale Data on the Full-Size Airplane
Easy-to-Build Balsa, Plywood, & Spruce Construction
Molded ABS Plastic Engine Cowling
Molded ABS Plastic Scale Dummy Engine
Molded ABS Plastic Bungee Covers & Air Cleaner Details
Fiberglass Elevator & Rudder Pushrods
Scale-Like Leaf-Spring Steerable Tailwheel Assembly
Complete Hardware Pack Includes Nylon Hinges, R/C Links & Threaded Rods, Control Horns, Wing Bolts, Blind Nuts,

SIG 1/4 Scale Cub Kit Street Price........$209.99

Add your receiver and fly this big Cub. It comes complete with Futaba servos, 2 1/4 scale servos on rudder and elevator, three standard servos on throttle and ailerons. Low hours OS .91 two stroke power house swinging a 16x5 Stinger Prop being fed by a 12oz. tank has all that's needed to get you out of trouble. This baby can go vertical with this power plant and prop set up (but it will not hover). Couple the rudder and elevator for sweet turns or coordinate these functions through the sticks to get the feel of the 1:1 J3 Cub. Point her into the wind throttle back and go stationary and even backwards with the proper stick management. The wing comes apart to ease transport to and from the field.

The 21st Century iron-on Fabric painted covering needs some attention here and there. The Cub needs a little TLC to take care of some very minor hangar rash. This Cub has been in a climate controlled storage unit for the past several years. The .91 turns over nicely and is ready to go. It has never been crashed. It also makes a great trainer as it is a gentle flyer and easy to see.

I'm selling my favorite, big, relaxing flyer because I am an old guy in the "Bucket List" mode and emptying the hangar of a lot of my collection. This is too big to ship without breaking the bank, so it's local pickup only.

Asking $225.00 FOB at zip code 39564.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
IRCHA 3355
Major USAF
Retired
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Last edited by Hoverup; Mar 23, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:36 AM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
PM Sent.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:50 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Thanks. I'll call you today. - Boyd
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:08 AM
United States, WI, Elm Grove
Joined Apr 2007
414 Posts
Trader Rating: 69
Very nice job on your Cub. Do you know where the instrument faces came from?

Jim
jjscott is offline Find More Posts by jjscott
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:33 AM
Joined Dec 2006
462 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Email sent. Cash buyer in Mississippi ready to buy.
Rube Goldberg is offline Find More Posts by Rube Goldberg
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:42 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,246 Posts
Trader Rating: 87
Hey buddy,

John up here in Vicksburg. Shooting you a PM
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:01 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscott View Post
Very nice job on your Cub. Do you know where the instrument faces came from?

Jim
Pics of the faces were from our local dirt strip where there used to be a J3 Cub hangared. I scratch built the IP face, painted it with wrinkle finish black added a celluoid layer for the instrument glass and topped it off with micro screws. Thanks for your kind words.

Cheers - Boyd
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:13 AM
Joined Dec 2006
462 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
PM sent. Please consider! Thanks, Dave.
Rube Goldberg is offline Find More Posts by Rube Goldberg
Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:56 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Thanks to all that contacted me about the Cub. As I type, it's headed north to its new hangar.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
IRCHA 3355
Major USAF
Retired
Closed Thread