HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2003, 01:05 AM
Bay Area
Joined Oct 2002
12 Posts
Suggestions for parks to fly at in San Jose, CA

Hi,
I'm pretty new to electric R/C flying and looking for suggestions to any parks suitable for a newbie flyer in the San Jose, CA area. I'm close to the Valley Fair mall, Santana Row area.
I'm not looking to join an clubs right now so I can fly at their fields. Just parks or large fields that I can practice at. thanks for any suggestions.
magma is offline Find More Posts by magma
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2003, 06:31 AM
Senior Moment Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Jul 2002
1,337 Posts
Go to San Antonio Hobby Shop in the San Antonio shopping center in Los Altos (there's a Walmart there) and ask for their flier that shows the location of several electric flying sites in the area (includes maps).

SAN ANTONIO HOBBY
2550 El Camino Real West
Mountain View, Ca
650-941-1278

You might also go to Sheldon's Hobbies on Old Oakland Rd in San Jose and ask about sites.

SHELDONS HOBBY
2135 Old Oakland Rd
San Jose, Ca

babblefish is offline Find More Posts by babblefish
Old May 30, 2003, 09:08 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Isn't their an electric only public field in San Antonio park near Cupertino? I've seen pictures here on Ezone of this site.

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old May 30, 2003, 12:17 PM
pushing both extremes
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2001
566 Posts
Rancho San Antonio is the park near Cupertino. It's a beautiful park and a nice bunch of fliers. AMA not required, no official club (although they do have a mailing list and yahoo group web site)

There us also Baylands Park near Lawrence Expressway and 101.

You live a few blocks away from me, so I happen to know of a school yard that is pretty big that I go to occasionally with my smaller park flyers. It's off Clifton Ave. Just head south on Winchester, past Williams, make a left on Walgrove Way (the first street after Williams). This dead ends into Clifton, make a left and follow it around the corner and there you are.

Send me a Personal Message if you need any help, or are interested in getting more info on Rancho San Antonio. I fly there the most.

- Zoom -
Zoom is offline Find More Posts by Zoom
Old Aug 17, 2003, 09:58 PM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
You can ask info. here Bay Area R/C
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia