HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2010, 05:41 AM
Joined Jan 2008
47 Posts
New Product
NEW BSII OSD - Smallest OSD in the market

All, it's a pleasure for us to present you the new BSII OSD.
Small but really powerfull, this OSD is the perfect solution for the FPV community.
Are you Tired of digging into yout airplane foam to place the FPV equipment?

BSII OSD is the solution for having all the necessary elements that a GPS based navigation systems needs to give but with a ridicolous size and weight. You can place it wherever you want and your plane gravity center will keep the same.

BS II OSD is really plug & Fly, it comes with a fully connector compatible harness cable allow you to plug and enjoy. It has a 3 push buttons built in allow you to setup or start to fly without the need to connect it to the RC receiver.

The OSD has the following features:

Speed
Distance to base
Motor & video battery voltage
Instant motor battery current consumpion
Overall Batery consumption with gauge indicator
Dynamic directional arrow ( return home)
Patch antenna orientation angle
Altitude
Altitude Variometer
Flight time
Configurable alarms including Fail safe interaction
4 Flying screens (including F16 HUB style screen) switchable from your RC transmitter
The OSD is ready for antenna patch tracking ( launch TBD)
Firmware upgrade with USB key
The BSII OSD RTF kit includes:

Small OSD central unit
50 Amp current sensor
Harness cable (Fully compatible with AvionicsRC/ Fatshark / ImmersionRC Stuff) to connect the OSD with the video tx and the camera without any wire cut
Small 10 Hz GPS modules

Available at www.fpvsystems.com
fpvsystems is offline Find More Posts by fpvsystems
Last edited by fpvsystems; Mar 23, 2010 at 04:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:23 PM
Norge
Joined Feb 2009
437 Posts
I think I'll push this thread to the first page again Black Stork was the first OSD I tried, but it didn't always work as I wanted. I had problems with the home arrow telling me I was millions miles from home And the recorder lost some of the info (cutting the sides). I bet that could be fixed with another recorder or firmware updating the BS, but then I would have to buy the firmware upgrade key for 30...

Anyway, at 130 you compete with "poor mans-OSD" and Simple OSD XL (both are cheaper and the firmware upgrader key is included) . Is it a way to firmware upgrade the BS2? Is there a way to show RSSI or customize what info the OSD will show? Can you show us some menus and different screen layouts? how do the three buttons work? It's not a big step up to Ez OSD (160-170) and with the Dragon selling for 100 (not including GPS and current sensor, but supports RTH/RTL, built in glide slope indicator when connecting GPS..) I think BS2 will have a hard time making it in this game. the PNP users become soldering wizards pretty fast if they don't want to use all their money on ready-made stuff. that beeing said I like the slim design current sensor and wondering why BS is the only one using this type of design.

I hope we will see more videos of BS2 very soon
Capy-Norway is offline Find More Posts by Capy-Norway
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:47 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Hi,

I wish BS II all the best, but don't think I'll be buying.

I had the original Black Stork, but found the after sales support lacking and despite many attempts by lots of people they never really responded to folks complaints/suggestions. I remember issues regarding text running off the screen.

It seemed they were only ever interested in sales.

Ian.
IanJ is offline Find More Posts by IanJ
Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:38 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
Hi,

I wish BS II all the best, but don't think I'll be buying.

I had the original Black Stork, but found the after sales support lacking and despite many attempts by lots of people they never really responded to folks complaints/suggestions. I remember issues regarding text running off the screen.

It seemed they were only ever interested in sales.

Ian.
I second that.
cheers,
Dimitri
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:12 PM
Challenging Convention
UK
Joined Jun 2006
717 Posts
Hmm.. well... doesnt look like that went too well then...

Back to the drawing board? Dunno, but i think the screen layout is quite nice.. and yeah, would be interesting to see if there are other layout options?

Cheers

Andy
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:50 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
Capy-Norway the music sounds good :P

the OSD looks nice but i dont like the ugly stick and i am not fan of this kind of caracters,

BSII OSD:
BS2.wmv (3 min 42 sec)
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:13 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
look minute 1:32 of the video,
OSD altitud= 130 meters..

looks wrong,
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:29 AM
Joined Jan 2008
47 Posts
All, not sure wich kind of problems you have with the first black stork, but the characters off screen issue was solved in the 1.5 firmware, it was not a real issue cause this behaviour was happenning in some lcd screen, never in Fatshark googles. Regarding support www.fpvsystems.com will give best possible support in all products we sale including BSII OSD. The firmware is upgradable using the same USB key used by Black Stork.
The buttons are used to move between the setup menus or fly without the need of having and RC receiver / transmitter channels ocupied. It's just plug&fly.
For any question or clarification please send an email to sales@fpvsystems.com
Regards
Lluis
www.fpvsystems.com
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
Joined Jan 2008
47 Posts
Capy-Norway if you send me the OSD i'll update it for free for you
Please contact at sales@fpvsystems.com
Lluis
www.fpvsystems.com
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:52 PM
Norge
Joined Feb 2009
437 Posts
Thanks for the offer but nothing can save that poor OSD now.. My plane landed in salt water. It sleeps with the fishes now Not the OSD fault. One of the mountains were moving to quick and got in between me and my plane. Damn those mountains!
Capy-Norway is offline Find More Posts by Capy-Norway
Old Apr 01, 2010, 11:53 AM
Joined Jan 2008
47 Posts
unlucky you capy-norway
Lluis
www.fpvsystems.com
Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:14 AM
Joined Jun 2010
1 Posts
Changing characters set

I'm a new user of this OSD, did no play much with it so far as I have hard time reading the small characters specially on clear background.

Is there a way we can get thickers or bigger characters set ?

Thanks

Jc
jcsotto is offline Find More Posts by jcsotto
Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:59 AM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,174 Posts
Ive got the BSII in mine right now, wouldnt recommend it to be honest, its unreliable at best.

My vario has disappeared totally, depending on how if feels that day it will tell me LOS, No customer support. Comes with firmware upgrade needed which means buying the $30 usb key...........why ? I bought a working OSD why do i have to pay a extra 30 just to get it to work properly ?

It says its going support antenna tracking, but when ? No way of finding out.

When you fly far away you depend a lot on the reliablity of your OSD for information. With this one i cant depend on it, thats bad
Coyote64 is online now Find More Posts by Coyote64