HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
SEFF Combat Plane?

Just curious, who is planning to enter the Ultimate Destruction Combat at SEFF and what'cha gonna be flying?
I've got my original Superfly equipped with a new coroplast canopy to protect the electronics. I can't wait!!
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:26 PM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
That Superfly is the perfect plane for combat. It is just so funny watching the foam falling from the sky as the session progresses. I may enter a plane I don't want any more, or buy something down there and take some components to build it up with.

After each combat session the guys are on the field looking for props, parts, and pieces that have fallen in about a half-acre area. Imagine a big RC pinyata(sp) exploding in the sky!

Don
beemerdon is online now Find More Posts by beemerdon
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:23 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,822 Posts
I would enter a plane w/the prop up front. I put a thick 12 x 6 on a slow stick in the first seff combat and took out at least 10 planes.
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:50 AM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
I had not been to the nayborhood near Pineville in a little while so I rode thru there yesterday; oh, my. It looks like the economy has really picked up and new houses are coming out of the ground right there on 'Runway Row'. I guess all the new residents wanted to be back there to watch us fly!

Time to break out the aerial photos and find another place.

Don
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:26 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,822 Posts
Who's packing??
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:16 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
I just picked up a cargo carrier for the hitch on the back of my truck so I can carry more stuff. I probably won't start packing until the weekend though.
My Mother-in-law's health has taken a turn for the worse and Hospice has been called in. I may end up having to back out of the trip if things look really bad over the weekend. I don't want to be a terrible husband and leave my wife for a week while her mom is dying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:52 PM
When in doubt, mumble
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined May 2008
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
I just picked up a cargo carrier for the hitch on the back of my truck so I can carry more stuff. I probably won't start packing until the weekend though.
My Mother-in-law's health has taken a turn for the worse and Hospice has been called in. I may end up having to back out of the trip if things look really bad over the weekend. I don't want to be a terrible husband and leave my wife for a week while her mom is dying.
No one in their right mind would make a different decision. This is a hobby after all. I'm sorry to hear the news and wish your family peace no matter the outcome
TyCarp is offline Find More Posts by TyCarp
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
Murray, sure hope your MIL stabilizes and takes a turn for the better; we'd love to have you at SEFF.

I am 'gathering' but have not started packing yet. Linda is at Sam's getting some things, does anyone need anything while she's there?

I signed up for the Huckfeast meal on Thursday nite; it was great last year.

Don
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCarp View Post
No one in their right mind would make a different decision. This is a hobby after all. I'm sorry to hear the news and wish your family peace no matter the outcome
Thanks. After a meeting with Hospice today, they seem to think my mother-in-law will be around for possibly another 6 months to a year, which is good news. My wife wants me to go ahead and go to SEFF and have a good time. I guess I'll be packing this weekend after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerdon View Post
Murray, sure hope your MIL stabilizes and takes a turn for the better; we'd love to have you at SEFF.

I am 'gathering' but have not started packing yet. Linda is at Sam's getting some things, does anyone need anything while she's there?

I signed up for the Huckfeast meal on Thursday nite; it was great last year.

Don
Tell me about this Huckfeast please.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:30 PM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
Huckfeast

Jason and Brent from the York County flyers are cooking Thursday and Friday nites at SEFF and everyone is invited to eat with them. $10 for a feast that was great last year. It's on the SEFF RC groups site somewhere; I ate with them last year and it was really nice. They are having some salmon this year for the 'health nuts' so that's what I'm having. I sent my money Paypal so I am in but you can pay on site too.

Don

www.huckfeast.com
Last edited by beemerdon; Apr 18, 2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: added link
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:14 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
I guess maybe I should start thinking about packing now. I am so far behind.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:33 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
lmao ..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:51 PM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
Everything is in piles at the garage door but I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can actually pack the stuff into the back of the truck.

Don
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:49 AM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
If you go to the SEFF videos and scroll down to the Friday's videos, look for the one featuring the Emasalle that was parked next to our area. In the background our very own Murray and Brian can be seen puttering around and showing off planes.

Don
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:18 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
I think there's even a video showing Don hitching a ride on a golf cart with Jim T. Graham!
RCG Plus Member