HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:04 PM
Spring time, planes bloom
near UNC Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2003
1,787 Posts
Gallery
Outlaw Flying day

I had an awesome morning flying with good friends and meeting others that I haven't seen in years.

I really missed the camaraderie of flying on Sundays. I will have to ditch weight watchers meetings on Sunday Morning. Have a great week and see y'all soon
ecologito is offline Find More Posts by ecologito
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:17 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,824 Posts
I hate I missed it. I was trying to capture a woodpecker that's punching holes in my stucco home. I recognize yours, Brian's, and Joe's planes, but who was flying the "southern" squadron"?
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:27 PM
HELIRLC
SOUTH CHARLOTTE, NC
Joined Feb 2005
1,064 Posts
That will be my Christian Eagle, Ascent, Slow Stick, And Stinson Voyeger 108, in one picture Plus a few more not in the pictures....

Russell

Rodger Sr And Rodger Jr, and my Grandson Jakob was there too.
HELIRLC is offline Find More Posts by HELIRLC
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:53 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,824 Posts
Well, I saw the Ascent and was wondering if that was you. It's a shame I couldn't have been there. Do you plan on visiting the "Outlaw" field again?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:51 AM
HELIRLC
SOUTH CHARLOTTE, NC
Joined Feb 2005
1,064 Posts
Yes I hope to Soon. I am off this weekend again. So I should be able to go out Sunday Mroning..

Russell
HELIRLC is offline Find More Posts by HELIRLC
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:55 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,824 Posts
Great, I will try to be there. You gonna bring one of your helis?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2010, 08:47 AM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
WHere is the 'outlaw' field?

Don
beemerdon is offline Find More Posts by beemerdon
Old Mar 22, 2010, 09:44 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerdon View Post
WHere is the 'outlaw' field?

Don
Someone will pm you about the location. There is a certain group here in town who likes to cause trouble for those of us just trying to have fun.
And on a lighter note, now that Meck P&R has ok'd the use of their parks for electric rc planes, I think it's time for all of us to be searching the local parks for a good field or two
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:59 PM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
Flat, thanks, I got the PM and I have been there during mid-week scouting sessions. I have been flying a couple of afternoons a week at Kennedy Middle School and no one's run me off yet. Had a lot of road crew workers watching me last week so I had to crash at least once for them. This is a little like NASCAR sometimes!

Don
Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,824 Posts
Great Don, I hope you can join us. I want to see how well your Funder & Lightning is flying. I'm about to start building mine soon.
I took my newest little plane out today in wind gusting over 20mph and was surprised how well she flew.
I guess I will call it "A Little Ugly". It's a 'stick' type plane made in about an hour from a single 3mm cf rod and blue foam. 21" wingspan and just over 6oz auw, I still can't believe it handled the wind today. It's powered by a 2500kv c20 swinging a 6x3.5 prop on 500mAh 2s.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murman; Mar 22, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:46 AM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
That's a cool looking plane and seems to really fit with the whole 'outlaw' theme! I am amazed you got it to fly well in yesterday's wind; I stayed home and balanced props. I like the Funder and I think I'll build another one when this one's done. Oh, I am having trouble finding the 1300mah 11.1v batteries the Funder uses. I only have 2 and only get 6 minutes out of them so my flying time is pretty short. Where do y'all buy inexpensive batteries?

Don
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:39 AM
Just above a newb
Fort Mill, SC
Joined Sep 2007
756 Posts
I have a bunch of 1300 11.1v packs from www.hobbyking.com. I have a few planes that use them but I don't fly them very often so you're welcome to use them if you see me out. They are really cheap though and if you order enough of them, it offsets the shipping really well.

Now and then someone from the York club will place a group order to help overcome the shipping costs so you might try asking around too.
Wrathchild is offline Find More Posts by Wrathchild
Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:04 PM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
Wrath, I may take you up on that offer. It would be cool to let Flatulator fly my Funder to see if he likes it, but I only have the 2 batteries. I looked on that site and they have "-21' of them in stock! DOH! Grayson is backordered also. Oh, well, maybe I can try out my Sea Dart. Maybe Sunday morning will be a good day.

Don
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:14 AM
Just above a newb
Fort Mill, SC
Joined Sep 2007
756 Posts
I'd say go ahead and put a backorder in at Hobbyking - they usually don't stay out of stock long and -21 isn't bad at all Can't beat their prices and quality, I'd suggest getting the 30-40c version if available as they are usually only a few dollars more.
Wrathchild is offline Find More Posts by Wrathchild
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:02 PM
Spring time, planes bloom
near UNC Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2003
1,787 Posts
I am looking at ordering some batteries myself. HK has a warehouse in the US so shipping time will be shorter but a few extra dollars. I might order from overseas anyways since the US warehouse has a very limited inventory.I want to stock up for long hours of summer outlaw flying.
ecologito is offline Find More Posts by ecologito