HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:05 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,110 Posts
Discussion
Servo reversing Y leads & Spektrum

I plan on using a servo reversing y lead in a full house sailplane due to using a Dx6i and not being able to reverse 1 of the flap servo's. I can't turn the servo around as this was a 2nd hand kit and the work has been done for the flaps. I presume there's no prob using this type of lead with Spektrum? I'll be using a seperate 6v rx pack.
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:11 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Oct 2004
5,965 Posts
I have no personal experience, but see the Don't recommendation from Spektrum. Hopefully others may have direct knowledge.

Bill
ebill3 is offline Find More Posts by ebill3
Old Mar 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,110 Posts
Bummer....'Don't use a servo reversing y lead'.

Cheers for the link, saved me a few hundred there mate

Guess the TX I'd been spying to do a full house sailplane justice has just jumped the que. At least the Mrs won't notice that hanging in the garage.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 05:20 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
669 Posts
This may not be the answer you're looking for, but here's one way to do it:

If you use digital servos you can use a servo programmer to reverse one.

I can also tell you what I did when I needed 2 elevator servos for a quarter scale and had a DX6i....I bought a DX7, which has that capability.
Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26
Old Mar 21, 2010, 05:23 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
15,868 Posts
I can't see how a servo reverser would make any difference, Spektrum or not.

All it does is read in the servo signal and then send it out again in an altered form, not unlike a gyro. And gyros work fine.

But as an excuse to buy a better radio - it is as good a reason as any

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 21, 2010, 05:30 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,476 Posts
Here's an Ebay vendor who claims his servo reverser will work with a Spektrum system. However, the same reverser is also sold by Tower Hobbies and they don't make that claim. Also, some of the guys in this thread say they've been using them in giant scale planes with no problems.

I suspect that Horizon Hobby isn't really sure about the question and are playing it safe. The only reason I can think of for it not working is if you're using higher voltage than the servo reverser can tolerate. Perhaps Horizon Hobby will eventually offer a reverser than they'll market as being "approved for Spektrum systems".
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old Mar 21, 2010, 05:40 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,110 Posts
Hmmm, not sure why you can't use them either really, I was going to use a 6v rx pack, so voltage drop off shouldn't be a concern, IF that could be a problem and it certainly shouldn't be interference.

I originally wanted the DX7 but get the impression it won't do what I'm after. Posted on this before and got loads of good (but expensive) advice. Now looking at a 9ch.
Closed Thread