HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:15 AM
chronic in training
L.A. beautiful san fernando valley
Joined Nov 2008
1,829 Posts
Question
put a new shaft in my outrunner...forgot the??

washer that sit between the back of the motor and the "C" ring/clamp thing. If my motor is a pusher..can I run it without the washer.... or will I burn up the "c" clamp washer thing?

thanks
grfcon is offline Find More Posts by grfcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:02 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,699 Posts
The washer under circlip is usually called the thrust washer. It evens out the load as the washer and circlip are pulled up again the inner race of the bearing. It may also serve to raise the circlip up slightly to clear the shield or outer race as the thrust washer, circlip and shaft all turn with the inner race as the motor runs.

If you left it out, pulled the circlip up against the inner race, and everything holding OK and the circlip staying in place, you can get away with leaving the thrust washer off.

If it is being used in a pusher, it is a moot point as the load is going the other direction and the clip is not loaded at all.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Last edited by jackerbes; Mar 19, 2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:05 AM
chronic in training
L.A. beautiful san fernando valley
Joined Nov 2008
1,829 Posts
thanks a lot! appreciate it
grfcon is offline Find More Posts by grfcon