SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by dafeutz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:59 PM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
castle hydra 240 and motor

I've got a hydra 240 i need to get rid of. i bought it with some other stuff and have no use for it, i have tried it and it works. I am including a brushless motor with it, no idea what kind, it looks to be the same size as an 1/8th car motor. The esc comes with the original box and a bunch of paperwork and the motor comes with a mount. I am asking $260 shipped and will accept partial trades of smaller brushless setup's (i've got a cheap little kyosho viper i'm trying to get going for a small pond), or a smaller brushless boat. I've got some trader ratings on rctech.net under the same name and on ebay with username mikefeutz, but this is the first boat i've had so i'm new to this forum.
Thanks,
Dave
dafeutz is offline Find More Posts by dafeutz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:09 PM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
here is a picture of the motor
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:12 PM
United States, ME, Portland
Joined Jul 2009
91 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Looks like a fine design nemesis motor..Not an expensive motor and I don't have much use for but the hydra would be nice....do you have pics of the esc?? I have alot of boat stuff.... I have a good combo for you being a like new traxxas vxl brushless motor... 3500kv.. a 100 amp Chinese speedo.... I will also throw in a flightmax 5000mah 7.4volt lipo.. This should be a worthy combo that would match up to hour existing mounts already in the viper being that the vxl motor has the normal "540" mounting pattern and can size.. Alot of folks use the vxl motors in the villians and other boats with smaller 540 size space.... This would make your viper move out nicely!!
jmscard is offline Find More Posts by jmscard
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:36 AM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
can you send me a link to the speedo?
thanks
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:20 AM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
here are some picture of the esc
Old Mar 19, 2010, 03:47 PM
Joined Jul 2009
91 Posts
Here it is I soldered a deans to one end and never used... it does not have a BEC so you would need a reciever pack to run with it..... No water cooling but you wont need it... its a 100amp so will be well under its rating and that little boat wont be hard to push.... would work well with the 2s lipo and vxl motor...I don't have pics of the motor and lipo on my but can get tonight and post tommorrow if your interested... It is a flightmax 2s lipo.... If you want I will replace the flightmax lipo with a polyquest fdm 3700mah 25c lipo instead as its lighter and higher quality... but the flightmaxes have always done great by me!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 01:49 PM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
i think i'm going to just have to stick with cash offers, i could use the money. i'll take $200 obo
Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:08 PM
Joined Jul 2009
91 Posts
Thats fine.... I don't even know why I think I need it I have 4 turnigy 180's, 1 HV240, 1 Maytech HV 200, 2 Hydra 120's...... more speedos then I already need? Just thought I'd put it in My Mean Machine to lessen my chances of popping my hydra 120.... the turnigys are too tall to fit right and keep the wires short... if you change your mind let me know.... I would throw a little cash at it too.... let me know what you were thinking?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:15 PM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
i have no idea what that 100 amp speedo is worth, but if i could get $100 and that i'd be happy. let me know if i'm way off here.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:39 PM
Joined Jul 2009
91 Posts
Esc

If you still have we I would probably be willing to do that.... do you have any credentials on ebay or any other site...? I see you have no trade feedback and I don't want to get burned... My ebay iD is JMSCARD as well and I have been buying stuff on other forums for a long time....
Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:45 PM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
understandable, mikefeutz on ebay and dafeutz on rctech. just out of curiosity, how have those flightmax lipos worked for you? any reason to spend the big money on the expensive ones?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:15 PM
Joined Jul 2009
91 Posts
Ive been using The Turnigy and FLightmaxes for a LONG time.... they are as good my High end Thunder Powers in every aspect as far as I am concerned.... I have run them back to back with my TP's and in every instance the Flightmax's have met if not exceeded the TP's....

I also FLY large electric planes... both 3d and warbird type planes.... in the few instances I have totalled my planes out its nice to only ruin a $50 battery rather then a $200 one!!

Zippy, Flightmax, Turnigy all the way!!

I have a ton of lipos that if you want to work out a trade for the last $100 we could.... what type of lipos (mah, c rating, cell count) are you looking for?

Thanks again.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:50 PM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
tell you what, shoot me an email (dafeutz@gmail.com) and send me a list of the lipos and the value you'd be willing to trade them for. I'd be looking for 2 cell to run in 1/10 scale cars (and maybe 1 3 cell for my mamba max). also what would you want for that vxl motor. thanks.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:07 PM
Joined Mar 2010
0 Posts
still for sale, make an offer
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:07 PM
Joined Jul 2009
91 Posts
Sorry

Dave sorry I've been really busy... do you still have this and are you positive it works... these are notorious for being doa...