HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonny1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:26 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Discussion
Coast Union High School Spring Musical: Suessical the Musical 2010

Well, time to put the proud dad jacket on here. What this means to RC aircraft is only that I won't be flying till I'm done with this. Here are some pics of my daughter Jessica's high school spring musical "Suessical the Musical", which I am the sound engineer for. In addition to having my daughter as one of the leads in the play, I took on the task of teaching a student named Sarah, who is blind to run the front-of-house sound board; she is doing an incredible job by the way! We are just now holding our final rehearsals, and opening night is this Friday, (first of six performances over 2 weeks); I've included some pics below of the set and cast, (including my daughter and Sarah too). As usual it has turned into a tremendous amount of work, (I've begged, borrowed and stole every piece of sound equipment I could find to run this show; 3 mixers, over 25 microphones, 12 of them wireless....all at once....whew!!), but Sarah is learning by doing, and I'm doing the duct tape and bailing wire routine on cranky equipment. A great friend, Steve is really making it happen by helping me get this huge job done; it wouldn't be working if he wasn't helping, (you learn who your real friends are at times like this!). Despite all the hard hours, it looks like the kids are going to pull off a hit! Enjoy,

Sonny

PS: I'll include more and better pics after opening night; break a leg!!

UPDATE: 3 Pics added from opening night below. Standing ovation at the end! Great show!!
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Last edited by sonny1; Mar 20, 2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Updates to follow!
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:07 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
last time i saw a set like that was a genesis concert. way cool...
crash goodly is offline Find More Posts by crash goodly
Last edited by crash goodly; Mar 18, 2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:46 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Yeah, tell me about it. This school really goes all out, plus a local resident, who just happens to own a theatrical lighting company in Hollywood, donates all the staging and lighting, (he sends two semis and a crew of 10 up from LA to build it; the school is about 200 miles north of LA). They have to depend on a broken down 'ol hippie to furnish the sound though, and even though it's a huge undertaking the final chorus on opening night is totally worth the work and ranks as one of the most exciting moments in my life each year, (a big bonus this year is my daughter being one of the leads!). I'm jonesing for an hour of RC time though, hopefully this weekend, (I think we got all the bugs out of the system finally, that is if you don't count a $1,000 microphone falling from the rafters of the gym as a "bug"; that's going to be an expensive little mishap I think!). Once I have it all running I should be able to get in some flight time because all I have to do is turn it all on each evening. The blind girl Sarah is just amazing, demonstrate something once to her and she's got it; I put it all together, but she is running the show! Thanks for your comments crash!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1