SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2011, 05:35 PM
Fly like never crash as always
Rio de Janeiro
Joined Mar 2007
275 Posts
thatīs how i set it up. everything works fine, only the elevator trim is waaaay off.

edit: other than that, I am very pleased with the DOSD, stock GPS locks in seconds, text is clear, easy programming, everything I need. very good product guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Do you have delta mixing on your Tx AND the DOSD settings? When using delta config you want just norma elevator and aileron settings on your Tx (no mixing) and set your DOSD PWM outputs to Elevon1 and 2...let the DOSD do the mixing, not both.
tascheri is offline Find More Posts by tascheri
Last edited by tascheri; Oct 07, 2011 at 06:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:05 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Just got a DOSD, and there are a few issues.

Firstly, the current sensor, it works fine on the OSD, displaying proper voltage and current, however, in PCC is says there is no current sensor attached.

Second, Im using an ArduIMU, and the BBMP085 baro, which both work fine. However, with the baro connected , in PCC , i also get that there is an airspeed sensor connected, and there is not.

Could it be that in the latest revision of PCC, the "checks & X's" are reversed for these two items?

Again, the OSD itself is working properly (I think), its the PCC that seems to be the issue.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Last edited by KKUSA; Oct 06, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:46 PM
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Nov 2007
167 Posts
Can any other imu be used?

Or where can I fund a adruimu v2?

Thanks, Ken
k5beason is offline Find More Posts by k5beason
Old Oct 07, 2011, 07:45 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5beason View Post
Can any other imu be used?

Or where can I fund a adruimu v2?

Thanks, Ken
At present there is no other IMU that interfaces with the DOSD other than the ArduIMU which, apparently, is no longer in production. That said, other brand stabilization systems can be used. They would just interface between the DOSD PWM outputs and the servos.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2011, 08:23 AM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Hi all,

The Postman dropped off our DOSD today, as you can imagine I did a little dance Thanks to the Dragon Labs team for producing such an awsome device which we will be using for a special project we are running, more on that a little later.

We already have a wiring loom made and it took but an hour to modify it so we have the basics up and running.
One snag we have found is that the RSSI and PPM thats fed out from out Rx does not seem to work or is not recognised and I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this Rx before: http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=80 - We hooked it up, DOSD stated it could see an RSSI signal (using pc commander) but when both the on and off values where configured it was the same value. With the PPM, well nothing seemed to be passed on to the DOSD - no PPM channels seen and no auto detect.

All fun and games but one can't fault the DOSD - its awesome!
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Oct 08, 2011, 01:33 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylite View Post
Hi all,

The Postman dropped off our DOSD today, as you can imagine I did a little dance Thanks to the Dragon Labs team for producing such an awsome device which we will be using for a special project we are running, more on that a little later.

We already have a wiring loom made and it took but an hour to modify it so we have the basics up and running.
One snag we have found is that the RSSI and PPM thats fed out from out Rx does not seem to work or is not recognised and I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this Rx before: http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=80 - We hooked it up, DOSD stated it could see an RSSI signal (using pc commander) but when both the on and off values where configured it was the same value. With the PPM, well nothing seemed to be passed on to the DOSD - no PPM channels seen and no auto detect.

All fun and games but one can't fault the DOSD - its awesome!
I have the same receiver. PPM is working without doubt but to be able to get RSSI, some work is needed.
Cheers
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Oct 08, 2011, 03:07 PM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
I have the same receiver. PPM is working without doubt but to be able to get RSSI, some work is needed.
Cheers
Hi Firatp, good to know - could you show me your pinout to the DOSD with regards the PPM - I'm using top pin signal, middle pin V+ and bottom pin ground.
Not to worried about RSSI but PPM is important but out of interest have you managed to get RSSI working?

Edit: I shelled the Rx and wiped down the terminals and I can now get PPM output
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Last edited by flylite; Oct 08, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 06:49 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
would this be the IMU you can use?

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...-now-available
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Oct 08, 2011, 08:41 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark View Post
No. The ArduIMU you could use is not listed on DIYDrones or Sparkfun sites anymore as it is no longer available. The IMU is not a required item though. I have one on my SkyWalker with DOSD and DL, I rarely turn it on as the GPS AP system does a great job as is. That said, hopefully one of our 'Dragon Engineers' is working a DragonIMU for future availability.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2011, 02:04 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,986 Posts
Part way through a flight yesterday, caught a nasty tail wind. End result, I didn't have enough power to get home. I ended up picking an empty field, got down as low as I could without losing video signal. Made sure I captured the GPS coordinates and then I cut the power and pointed the nose down. (I needed to make sure I went into this field and didn't drift over onto a road or something.) Found the plane. All electronics are good, but the plane snapped in half and broke in a few other places. Nothing some guerilla glue won't fix.

Anyway, I was thinking of what I could have done better. Tell me if this would have made sense. Should I have reset the home position on my DOSD to the current location, set the plane to descent mode, turned on the AP and then killed the throttle?

I believe that would have made the plane slowly circle down to the ground, once I lost visual.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:29 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
Part way through a flight yesterday, caught a nasty tail wind. End result, I didn't have enough power to get home. I ended up picking an empty field, got down as low as I could without losing video signal. Made sure I captured the GPS coordinates and then I cut the power and pointed the nose down. (I needed to make sure I went into this field and didn't drift over onto a road or something.) Found the plane. All electronics are good, but the plane snapped in half and broke in a few other places. Nothing some guerilla glue won't fix.

Anyway, I was thinking of what I could have done better. Tell me if this would have made sense. Should I have reset the home position on my DOSD to the current location, set the plane to descent mode, turned on the AP and then killed the throttle?

I believe that would have made the plane slowly circle down to the ground, once I lost visual.
Actually that doesn't sound like a bad thing to try. It's all according to how tight your hit distance is. I think it defaults at 200M or so. That's a pretty big area still, but you should be somewhere in that area...probably still with a broken plane.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:30 PM
United States, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Jan 2011
129 Posts
DOSD saved the day. I was out 3 miles and was getting some static so let the auto pilot turn around. What I can't figure out is why my video is worse on the way back? I have an inverted v facing forward.

http://www.vimeo.com/30282069
peatmoss is offline Find More Posts by peatmoss
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:37 PM
Joined Aug 2010
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
DOSD saved the day. I was out 3 miles and was getting some static so let the auto pilot turn around. What I can't figure out is why my video is worse on the way back? I have an inverted v facing forward.

http://www.vimeo.com/30282069
I don't even mind watching the static, it is a thing of beauty to hit the Autopilot HOME switch and see the plane coming home after the static subsides.
thekubiaks is online now Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:33 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I have one on my SkyWalker with DOSD and DL, I rarely turn it on as the GPS AP system does a great job as is. That said, hopefully one of our 'Dragon Engineers' is working a DragonIMU for future availability.
I have found as you say with my TS, but only in calm conditions. I have found the ardIMU essential for blowy conditions, AP alone won't hold it. I have mine on gain channel 7 so I can turn up/down as required, but would ideally like to put it on an on/off switch - you guys any ideas how to set up for that?
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:41 AM
Air Crash Expert
Louisiana
Joined Oct 2005
1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
Something on the airframe blocking/shadowing the antenna. (between the antenna and ground station) Could be battery, motor, esc., etc
sawman is offline Find More Posts by sawman