HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:15 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,037 Posts
The video Daniel posted was one of the scariest test flights I have had in a long time, I was lucky to just keep the plane under control, and not a great OSD video. I have videos of the new Dragon OSD that are better and stable after corrections were made to the flying wing, I will post one soon.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:25 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,050 Posts
Hi Daniel, would your Dragon OSD+ in its present form be sending Telemetry data already?
Reason I'm asking is I'm wondering, if I wanted to use another device that sends telemetry in the video (read Dakar/Lynx antenna tracker), then if you are sending telemetry already then likely there would be a conflict.
That is of course if there was a setting in the OSD that turned off the Dragon telemetry (user choice) then there would be no conflict.

thanks Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:30 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
garris,

Yes, it is currently sending telemetry but it uses only one line. As such it may not conflict if they're using a different line. If you have a problem, I can turn it off for you.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:42 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
It's Monday morning here is Canada and I feel like.... PARTYING!

Dragon OSD Plus now available for a limited time offer at this introductory price of 99 dollars!!!!

Please PM me your full name with mailing address so I can determin your shipping cost.

Sorry, 1 per person
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Canterbury
Joined May 2008
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Melih,

There are quite a number of options for 2.4GHz receivers. You can find some of the links here:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37

There are some easy ways to multiplex the output of the receiver into a PPM stream with very little latency. If you really want an easy way (that is if your receiver cannot be modified), try this:-

http://www.mftech.de/catalog/product...products_id=44

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Yes i know this device type modifications, also I designed 8 channel servo In/Out board with rs232 control for making parallel channel control. I was asked for easy way like "solder a wire on your receiver". Because i cant say "buy a product for using my device's features" for my customers

Anyway, i will find a simple solution or redesign it for parallel input.

Thanks
Melih
MelihK is offline Find More Posts by MelihK
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:19 PM
plus vite plus loins
Canada, QC, Trois-Rivières
Joined Jun 2008
1,487 Posts
h3..wmv (0 min 47 sec)
Funjet2008 is offline Find More Posts by Funjet2008
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:55 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Thanks again funjet for that perfect intro!!! It's still daylight here in my part of Canada so when the sun sets, so will this deal and then it's regular price which is still pretty cheap!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:56 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,814 Posts
cool video

really nice small osd

i like

It would be nice to order one with mah used sensor and gps
PNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
The RTH works the same as for the original DragonOSD. The receiver should be programmed to activate the autopilot in failsafe mode. One of the channels of the receiver will be assigned this control task (as well as activating the in-flight menu). That control channel serves several purposes - activates menu, turns off all screen display, activates autopilot, or normal display mode - depending on the value of the channel. So you typically set the failsafe value for that channel so that it activates the autopilot. It does not directly detect loss of signal since different radios have different loss of signal conditions.

Because of this, you can either manually activate autopilot or have it activated via a failsafe condition. In my usage, I normally assign the autopilot to one position on a three-way switch on the radio. With that switch I can either activate menu, failsafe, or normal mode.

The DragonOSD has two assignable control channels. This means that you can select which two servo channels you want it to control. For example, you can have it control the rudder and the elevator, in which case you will have altitude control and steering. Or you can have it control two ailerons, in which case you don't have elevator control for altitude management. You could one channel to throttle as well but I have not implemented throttle management algorithm for now. So, basically, you can pick any two channels to be controlled.

Apart from this assignability, the autopilot operation would be identical to that of the original DragonOSD.

As for a video - take a look at Jettpilot's Zephyr thread - there's a video in there which shows the OSD in operation:-
FPV Plane FPV (3 min 48 sec)

Daniel
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:35 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Times up and the $99 deal is over. Thanks again to all those who were fast and managed to get one at this great low price!!! A large portion has already left and I watched the truck pull away from the Canada Post office which is across the street from my shop.... and on it's way to your door!

John
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:43 AM
The Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2004
2,193 Posts
Thank you John, I am so looking forward to start using this!
CrashingDutchman is offline Find More Posts by CrashingDutchman
Old Mar 23, 2010, 01:48 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Thanks for the support and faith guys. Most of your OSD's should be on the way or soon to be on the way. If anyone of you are seriously interested but for one reason or another missed the offer, don't be afraid to ask - we're here for the community. But ask soon.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,037 Posts
The Dragon OSD does have the MAH used and ampmeter reading. Being that it was the first flight of a brand new plane, I was excited to try it and did not put in any current sensor yet. But I am glad I flew it quickly, I had a blast

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:56 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDutchman View Post
Thank you John, I am so looking forward to start using this!
No need for thanks.. just show me that smile at the end of your flight and that's rewarding to me!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 04:45 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2006
1,285 Posts
my first osd.. smile already
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Mar 24, 2010, 06:38 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Daniel,
thats great to know! I love my old Dragon OSD and haven't flown it for a while cos of a crash. This was due to the fact it was doing an RTH on autopilot and went unstable, slow - spiralling into the ground about 1KM away. I think maybe my 35 MHz was out of range I could not recover it.

IMU would fix that so very much lookin forward to developments, not interested in the thermopile option.

Airframe is written off but all the electronics OK if anyone wants an Old Dragon+Current sensor+temp sensor +GPS.
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman