SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:05 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
You do not need an FY30a or anything other than your airplane and dosd if it is self leveling. I don't use any flight stabilization in my easystar and return to home works perfectly every time (I posted a vid a couple pages back). I had to use an FY20 in my HC EPP FPV but that plane was the pits.
Sorry but what do you mean by "if it is self leveling"? Do you mean that when I take my hands off the stick if it flys level?
THOMASJONES is offline Find More Posts by THOMASJONES
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:24 AM
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Apr 2011
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOMASJONES View Post
Sorry but what do you mean by "if it is self leveling"? Do you mean that when I take my hands off the stick if it flys level?
Basically trimmed properly so that when you let go of the sticks, it flies fairly straight and level I guess.
JLager is offline Find More Posts by JLager
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:33 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLager View Post
Basically trimmed properly so that when you let go of the sticks, it flies fairly straight and level I guess.
Ah... I got it So I don't NEED a stabilization system then? I mean if the extra $130 is gonna save my plane then I'll pay for it... but only if its necessary.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:43 AM
Australia, WA, Carlisle North
Joined Jul 2008
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
Ok...one more stupid question...Can I run the current sensor and DOSD on 5s?? I know it has been done on 4s, but cant find the info if 5s is too much for this unit...
Thanks in advance...
Yes, I have done in the past after Daniel said it would be fine.

Regards

Doug
spitfire_Doug is offline Find More Posts by spitfire_Doug
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:47 AM
Joined Apr 2011
136 Posts
Quote:
Ah... I got it So I don't NEED a stabilization system then? I mean if the extra $130 is gonna save my plane then I'll pay for it... but only if its necessary.
You don't need it but I hear people say it can make for a more relaxing flight since it will reduce the amount of corrections you have to make for wind etc.

I have an FY20A-II for that reason but also cause I think it's really cool
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:13 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
You don't need it but I hear people say it can make for a more relaxing flight since it will reduce the amount of corrections you have to make for wind etc.

I have an FY20A-II for that reason but also cause I think it's really cool
Will the FY20A-II work on the DOSD?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:21 AM
Joined Apr 2011
136 Posts
Quote:
Will the FY20A-II work on the DOSD?
Yes, neither of them know of eachother. Basically the FY20A-II just sits right before the servos in the wiring, takes the signal from the DOSD outputs and adjusts it as necessary for stabilization and sends it on to the servos. See the attached wiring diagram for how I have it wired up.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:31 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Yes, neither of them know of eachother. Basically the FY20A-II just sits right before the servos in the wiring, takes the signal from the DOSD outputs and adjusts it as necessary for stabilization and sends it on to the servos. See the attached wiring diagram for how I have it wired up.
Sweet! Thank you so much
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:08 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,316 Posts
DOSD+ handles direction and orientation very well just using a 10Hz GPS..
here's an autopilot mission on a Funjet just using GPS...
DOSD+ Autopilot (4 min 31 sec)

It's a bit jerky in the bumpy air but DOSD+ is fully in control
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:39 AM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
USA, IN, Bloomington
Joined Aug 2007
833 Posts
Quote:
This diagram has a ground loop. You might remove the black wire from the current sensor to the dosd. See other posts on this thread by Ren on this top, or look at fpv-japan.com
BloomingtonFPV is offline Find More Posts by BloomingtonFPV
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:13 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomingtonFPV View Post
This diagram has a ground loop. You might remove the black wire from the current sensor to the dosd. See other posts on this thread by Ren on this top, or look at fpv-japan.com
I believe that line is fine. The problem was when the gnd from the current sensor was in place AND the ground lead from the ESC servo wire both connected to the DOSD. Some of the return current from the ESC would pass back through the DOSD and up the current sensor ground line and burn components in the current sensor. Only the ESC throttle line is shown connected in the reference diagram.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:20 AM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
Very kind offer and i appreciate it.

Same goes for you, Doug .

Yep.

yea.

Well, i thought i'd have a look at the current sensor i killed and see if there's any noticeable damage, turns out this little plate was out of position.

So i turned on my trusty $10 25W soldering iron(it's over 8 years old haha)
and tried to solder that plate back into position (M50 printed on it)

It bloody worked... Amps, mAh and volts all show.

Have no idea how reliable it'll be, tho .

Cheers, Kev.

Just did this to my new sensor today. It must be a problematic solder joint. Shouldn't be hard to fix.
chimaera is offline Find More Posts by chimaera
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:29 PM
Argentina, Buenos Aires, Coronel Brandsen
Joined Jun 2009
44 Posts
Hi everyone,,
I repeat my previous post, you may not understand.
if you look at the new FY30a, it has serial output data, and as DOSD has a UART serial port, it will only modify the firmware Daniel and add this option, and it is solved the IMU problem and artificial horizon
It's just an idea .. Daniel may have a solution for Arduimu, and I have to spend another stabilization of 100usd

I like the Dragon OSD, and regret OSD switch to another ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdma22 View Post
Hi Daniel ..
You can enable the serial port UART of DOSD to interact with FY30A Again, this has a serial output data,

Avoiding many cable connection! and have artificial Horisont ..

I leave the example of maunual
Baud Rate: 19200
Example of UART Data Output:
$FYZT,-0.98, 0.12, -0.08, -0.05, -0.31, 0.10, , , , 1.01, , ,0*00

$FYZT ,Pitch -0.98 ,Roll0.12, Course -0.08, X angular velocity-0.05, Y angular velocity-0.31, Z Angular Velocity0.10,Unused ,Unused, Unused, Resultant acceleration 1.01,
Unused, Unused, Attitude error 0, * Test value 00,
carlosdma22 is offline Find More Posts by carlosdma22
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:57 PM
USA, UT, North Ogden
Joined Dec 2010
70 Posts
First FPV flight diagnosis

Flew DOSD V2 on skywalker for the first time. Not a smooth flight as it was the first flight with an antenna on the right wing tip ... so took awhile to get the airplane trimmed. As you can see from the video I get voltage, current and total current readings but current doesnt change with motor speed. Also, the horizontal distance value isnt correct. After the flight, I put the GPS wiring through a toroid on the bench and the horizontal distance was still not correct. Any ideas?

First FPV - Diagnostic flight (1 min 36 sec)
cavu flyer is offline Find More Posts by cavu flyer
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:12 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Hey Dragon team
I have just got FRSKY receiver which has CCPM and RSSI output. CCPM is ok but I couldn't connect RSSI to DOSD. I took upper and lower pins to connect to DOSD but whenever i make the connection, I lost video completely. The upper pin on the receiver has 3.3v, the middle has 5,5v and never change if I switch of the transmitter.

Do you have any idea / advice for RSSI connection?

Thanks
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp