HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2011, 12:09 PM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a barometric pressure sensor that will work with the DOSD? This one at DIYDrones that is supposed to work is out of stock. http://store.diydrones.com/product_p...1000d11-01.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee180c View Post
I use this one. It is not supposed to be as good as the DIY one, but it works tons better than not having one. It is pretty stable and if the weather dosn't change I normally land within 5' of taking off.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9694
Yes, this works too. I have both from DIY and from sparkfun.
BMP is cheaper by half.
SCP1000 has some drift if temperature changes. after turning on +10 and fly in -10, will have around 20m lower than take off
Didn't check BMP for that option. By the way BMP is more "jumpy" than SCP..

Virgis
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2011, 12:14 PM
O <- this a ground loop
Japan
Joined Nov 2010
514 Posts
Guys - I'm giving away $5 worth of points but you have to find the easter egg.

cheers,

Ren
fpv-japan.com
devfor is offline Find More Posts by devfor
Old Mar 05, 2011, 12:48 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Thanks, I will probably just go with the sparkfun one then. I'm not too worried about it being a little bit off but while using the GPS I am getting a few hundred feet off sometimes.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:30 PM
O <- this a ground loop
Japan
Joined Nov 2010
514 Posts
Sorry to post this to the group but I had an order from KrisW for a DOSD about a week ago.
He's dissapeared off the radar and hasn't been on RCG for a while - no reply to PM or email.

I'm gonna have to let his DOSD go as I only have 2 left.

Kind of more worried that KrisW is ok and not in any kind of trouble.
If anyone is in contact with him please PM me and let me know.

thanks

Ren
devfor is offline Find More Posts by devfor
Old Mar 05, 2011, 04:23 PM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
Hey guys,

How do you hook up rssi to dragon link?
EyeFlyPlanes is offline Find More Posts by EyeFlyPlanes
Old Mar 05, 2011, 06:22 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeFlyPlanes View Post
Hey guys,

How do you hook up rssi to dragon link?
outer pin on DL connects to RSSI conn on DOSD, you need to be in G.P. mode 2 in the menu which is RSSI not analogue voltage, then it will display as RSSI.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Last edited by MikeTheCrash; Mar 05, 2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:30 AM
KragerÝ, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
699 Posts
I have problems to activate my autopilot. So maybe it will be better for me to buy a USB to TTL converter, and use my computer.
Can I use this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wrobot-USB-Seria...item4150a8aaab
Voguna is offline Find More Posts by Voguna
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:09 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Hi Voguna,

Yes, that looks about right and should work.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Mar 06, 2011, 11:24 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
EyeFlyPlanes,

Regarding the RSSI connection, take a look at the following link (first post):-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63&start=10

Daniel
Old Mar 06, 2011, 02:54 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Jun 2007
53 Posts
RSSI Calibration

Speaking of RSSI...

I now have my DLink receiver installed and the RSSI cable is connected. GP mode is set to 2 and I am trying to calibrate the RSSI. As instructed by the manual, I start by turning off the transmitter and set the RSSI low value to where it begins to show 0%. In my case, that's about 0.795V if I start adjusting RSSI Low Value upward from 0.500V. Then I turn the transmitter on and adjust the RSSI High Value to where the display begins to show 100%. In my case, that turns out to be 0.795 (same as RSSI Low Value) if I start adjusting downward from 2.230V. That can't be right can it?
JBeauford is offline Find More Posts by JBeauford
Old Mar 06, 2011, 03:19 PM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,147 Posts
My RSSI wont work either with DL, But i think theres a break in the cable, sometimes im getting a high of +3v sometimes 2.xx others 0.8v, but wether tx is on or off they stay the same which is strange.
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:48 PM
KF7OSF
Joined Feb 2009
37 Posts
DX7 working now! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
If you are using the serial connection, can I suggest you use PC Commander, it makes everything so much easier. The pwm not working will probably be a setting but get your menu working and change osd mode to 3 and you will see the servo pwm outputs.

I started using a DX7 with ppm encoder and the ar7000 receiver so it does work. Now use the Dragon link for more range but the DX7 was very successful. Try scrolling the endpoints for the 3 way switch while watching the screen, it's been a few months since I did this so can't really tell you anything useful, maybe search this thread for DX7 might come up with something.

Mark
Thanks for the reply, Mark! I looked through your earlier comments on this thread, and found that the order of the control modes isn't as reported in the manual... I fiddled around with the trim on my flap channel and eventually found the menu. Then I adjusted the travel+trim on the three settings to give myself OSD, OSD+autopilot, and menu. Works great now!
stockli is offline Find More Posts by stockli
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:58 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
JBeauford,

That doesn't sound right. My guess is that you probably have a connection problem or something. If you have a meter, you can always measure the voltage out of the RSSI pins from the DL to see if you are getting the proper voltage variations. Do make sure that there is a common ground and the correct RSSI pin is being used, both on the DL and the DOSD+.

Daniel
Old Mar 06, 2011, 09:27 PM
USA, NY, Yonkers
Joined Aug 2002
1,636 Posts
Hello Daniel, I noticed something with the correct flight setting vs the simulator settings. I have the autopilot setup correctly for real flying, when I run the simulator I have to reverse the aileron direction to get it to work. I forgot to set it back for regular flight and had the plane almost spiral out of control when autopilot was engaged. Is this something that could be fixed in the next update to the DOSD+V2? I really like to use the simulator when I can't get out to fly.

Thanks
pc_pilot is offline Find More Posts by pc_pilot
Old Mar 07, 2011, 05:54 AM
crashalot
NT, Australia
Joined Jan 2011
77 Posts
Daniel, Do you do repairs on your DOSD+ or are they throw aways? The reason I ask is I plugged the current sensor while attached to a battery into one of the servo ports, as you can imagine it went burnies and now doesnt work and the other I have wont read Mah used or current draw or battery voltage. If you do do repairs, can you PM or post the address to send it to please. If not, it doesnt matter and will teach me to concentrate when hooking it up.

On further inspection fried the IMU, barametric sensor, GPS, 12c junction as well, VERY expensive mistake!!
shonky1 is offline Find More Posts by shonky1
Last edited by shonky1; Mar 07, 2011 at 06:39 AM.