Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 02, 2010, 04:23 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Hi Daniel, did calibration back when you originally posted to. Can failsafe enable autopilot? I will reposition IMU for better level.

Thanks
Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2010, 04:30 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark,

Yes, if your receiver has a suitable failsafe - it should put the control channel into autopilot mode. If you have some other kind of failsafe arrangement, let me know and I'll see if I can support it in the code.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old May 02, 2010, 04:51 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
I use spektrum which only failsafes throttle channel, it can failsafe to any setting you choose ie: 110%, this could be used to engage autopilot but throttle will have to be controlled by osd, maybe to a preset throttle position.

Mark
Old May 02, 2010, 05:50 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark,

The DOSD+ can read the throttle channel but if that's what it does to the throttle channel, you will need some way of controlling the throttle channel unless you are okay will flying at 110% throttle. This does seem rather inconvenient.

Daniel
Old May 02, 2010, 06:09 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
mark,

In your second video, I can see that the artificial horizon was not level when you took off. That's probably causing the plane to fly around in circles.

Beyond that, it looks like sustained/coordinated turns is still giving the IMU some problems.

Btw, you do realize that these are the very first videos of an IMU stabilized DOSD+ flight. History!

Daniel
Amazing!! great stuff well done all -- must get that plane fitted up, weather is rubbish here though!!
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old May 02, 2010, 06:32 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
magnetman,

Did you get the IMU calibration sorted out? You need to use 115200baud with version 1.6f - something I forgot to mention.

Daniel
Old May 02, 2010, 07:27 AM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
I use spektrum which only failsafes throttle channel, it can failsafe to any setting you choose ie: 110%, this could be used to engage autopilot but throttle will have to be controlled by osd, maybe to a preset throttle position.

Mark
That would be cool for us Spektrum users, would love to try it out but as Daniel said its not a perfect solution.

Thanks for fixing the logging bug Daniel.

:-)
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
Last edited by badlands; May 02, 2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old May 02, 2010, 07:29 AM
Joined Nov 2003
437 Posts
Hi Daniel,

No not tried that yet - I'm busy wiring up a new cheap (28) 540 TVL (security camera2000)camera to test, let you know later today.

Cheers
Old May 02, 2010, 08:08 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
@magnetman - I ordered one of those cameras as well, haven't received mine yet so I'll be interested to hear how well it works.
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old May 02, 2010, 08:57 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,546 Posts
@magnetman & @gobigkahuna me too. Dang volcano ash!

:-)
Old May 02, 2010, 09:24 AM
Joined Nov 2003
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigkahuna View Post
@magnetman - I ordered one of those cameras as well, haven't received mine yet so I'll be interested to hear how well it works.

OK Guys... This camera is fantastic, just switched on running through the DOSD+. Best vid quality I have seen, but I'm comparing it to a KX 141 480 TVL cam.

Word of caution - have a close look at the input connector, on mine, it seems that someone has tried to put the wrong size pins in the plug, with a risk of shorting. I ended up fitting a spare plug I had, plus bespoke vid/ power lead.
ralso Remember this cam needs 12V not 5.

Now for that IMU testing.....
Old May 02, 2010, 11:03 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
mark,

The DOSD+ can read the throttle channel but if that's what it does to the throttle channel, you will need some way of controlling the throttle channel unless you are okay will flying at 110% throttle. This does seem rather inconvenient.

Daniel
The 9 channel spektrum receiver can do failsafe presets on all channels which would be ideal, I only have 7 channel and less receivers 110% throttle on lost signal would still save the plane but is a bit dangerous if you accidently turn off your transmitter before disconnecting the planes battery on the ground.

Mark
Old May 02, 2010, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
The 9 channel spektrum receiver can do failsafe presets on all channels which would be ideal, I only have 7 channel and less receivers 110% throttle on lost signal would still save the plane but is a bit dangerous if you accidently turn off your transmitter before disconnecting the planes battery on the ground.

Mark
Yea was thininking the same, a saved plane vs nasty prop accident...hmmm..

Those 9 channel AR9000's aint cheap either.
Old May 02, 2010, 11:27 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,228 Posts
hey y'all.. my Dosd+ reset itself after it aqiure some of the satelite or home is set then it reset itself continuesly.. i have to cycle it by removing the power then re-connect it.. it takes several attempt 4-5 times before i get the osd..

heres a short vid. clip shot from a keychain cam..sorry for poor quality..
DOSD+.AVI (0 min 46 sec)
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old May 02, 2010, 11:35 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
To be really unhelpfull, mine was doing the exact same thing the other day and I can't remember how I fixed it sorry