HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,525 Posts
i just tried to upload firmware into ArduIMU via TTL converter cable. everything connected as Daniel described, but got this message:

Maby tx and rx are reversed?
I tried other versions, didn't succeed

P.S. sorry, my mistake, rx and tx was reversed, after changing it and pressing reset button after compiling made upload complete!
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Last edited by Virgis21; Apr 28, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:10 PM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,525 Posts
Mike,

As i see this sensor you got, has only Analog output? it is not compatible with I2C P... ??
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21 View Post
Mike,

As i see this sensor you got, has only Analog output? it is not compatible with I2C P... ??
That's what I was beginning to think when i read the data sheet

D'oh!

I guess I don't need stacking connectors now.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:59 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
Shikra - just tried that Locosys GPS mod - wow it works well. I dont quite get a 2 min fix but it has definately halved my 'setting home' time.

Thanks bud!
Glad it works!

This one works very well on the DOSD+ too. It's the one I used on my vid I posted earlier.

Jett - your right - that was a bit of a cockup. I noticed that on my newer one Locosys appear to have attempted a mod themselves - there is a piece of sticky aluminium running along one of the sides. I removed this and soldered it up properly! Since then, not having a backup really hasn't been an issue as it locks quickly. Probably a source of frustration of many OSD users. It was for me with my first one.
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:26 PM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,525 Posts
i just came through the latest firmware upload, and made these calibration (max and min) values for AN3, AN4, An5 at first it was confusing, but latter got it
Finally my IMU is done i am lucky by test only in hands. Video is uploading and will be posted latter..
DOSD+ firmware 6.1. ArduIMU Version 1.6f (the latest one)
Sorry for the mess in my workplace
I was holding camera and imu little not parallel so horizon isn't as camera was

Testing ArduIMU with DragonOSD+ (1 min 6 sec)

P.S. how to connect Pressure/temp sensor if ArduIMU is connected already?
Last edited by Virgis21; Apr 28, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:38 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
Hmm.. on the GPS module. I have it, so may as well use it. I could add a battery, I think I recall seeing a mod for that on the web - using just a lithium button cell?
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:09 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
Virgis21 or Daniel I'm trying to open up the arduimu.exe with the Arduino.exe program, but there's only arduimu.pde file on the zipped firmware folder I downloaded from Tsebi Projects...is that the right one?

thanks
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:20 PM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,932 Posts
Hi,
Andy W, I was thinking about adding a battery too, Range video uses a supercap I think which is a long power holding capacitor. Not sure where to get though.

Virgis21,
The IMU is cool aye, my last flight was with my funjet and it worked really good on roll but pitch is a bit slow still, still I think it's ready to couple to the autopilot

Only problem with my video I recorded was the camera is aiming too low and the AHI is only level with the horizon when I am climbing. I am now in the proces of moving the dosd+ to my foam glider which is reasonably stable with 2 meter wingspan. Not sure how to power my 12 volt video transmitter from my 2 cell lipo, any ideas?

Daniel,
Not sure if you are back yet but I was wondering if you are considering coupling the IMU to the autopilot yet?

Thanks

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:23 PM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,932 Posts
Mike the crash, I think the guide is wrong, open the .pde file from inside Arduino program.

Mark
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:31 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Guys,

I just got back and am still reviewing the IMU data. I'm still not entirely happy with it and am still trying to improve the code.

MikeTheCrash,

There is no arduimu.exe, only arduimu.pde and that's the one you want to open.

Also, fortunately for you, the DOSD+ also accepts analog temperature sensors. However, you may want to use the port for RSSI rather than temperature. It can use either one analog sensor as input but not both.

For those of you wanting to connect more than one I2C device, just daisy chain it. Same wires go to each of them. So the SCL goes to device #1's SCL, and you just hook up another wire out to device #2's SCL, and so on. In this way, the DOSD+ can support multiple devices.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:32 PM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,932 Posts
IMU 1.6f

Funjet DOSD+ IMU firmware 1.6f (2 min 50 sec)
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:18 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark,

Thanks for that video - now - THAT was very very good. If the IMU performs like that for most guys, I think I will start working on integration. I am also testing some different (and more expensive IMU's) but that's the best video I've seen yet.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:47 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,649 Posts
very cool video showing the horizontal thing working very well
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:46 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
Hi Daniel, welcome back! You asked me to remind you about "camera pan /tilt" when you got back.
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:39 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
I think I've uploaded the firmware to the ArduIMU+ V2, I get the flashing lights, but when I connect it to the OSD and power up, the OSD won't initialise.

there's no power going to the IMU, does it get it from the SDA SCL lines or do i need to supply 5v like when loading software?

thanks