doh!

lol
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:50 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,552 Posts
Ok this is my dumb question for the day...

I got PPM signal going into OSD & working, for autopilot purposes do i connect PWM Servo output 1 to rudder & expect to be able to control it as normal or do i need a Y lead & hook the servo up to OSD & RX?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 05:06 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
Ok this is my dumb question for the day...

I got PPM signal going into OSD & working, for autopilot purposes do i connect PWM Servo output 1 to rudder & expect to be able to control it as normal or do i need a Y lead & hook the servo up to OSD & RX?
in the settings you change which channels you want osd 1&2 to control. I'm using aileron/elevator. you plug those servos into the osd instead of the receiver. Signal passes through until you activate autopliot, then autopilot control is added. I believe that you can still control these servos with your Tx to help with setup and crash avoidance. is that what you mean?

toying with setting up IMU. I was up 'till 2.30 playing osd last night. must .....go.........to .............sleeeeep

thanks for those links, sorry i fixed it first!

is there a neat way of wiring multiple connectors to the the 12c pins? can you get stacking connectors?
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Apr 26, 2010, 05:23 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,552 Posts
ic... so if i connect my elevator servo to OSD & it doesnt work thru the TX then i havnet set it up correctly, if all servos work as normal once connected to OSD then im half way there.

Cheers!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 05:31 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
ic... so if i connect my elevator servo to OSD & it doesnt work thru the TX then i havnet set it up correctly, if all servos work as normal once connected to OSD then im half way there.

Cheers!
sounds right. but your elevator stick is working the menu selection in menu mode, right? so all you have to do is set the autopliot chanel 1 or 2 to output elevator then it should work...?

g'night!
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Apr 26, 2010, 06:18 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
sounds right. but your elevator stick is working the menu selection in menu mode, right? so all you have to do is set the autopliot chanel 1 or 2 to output elevator then it should work...?

g'night!
Hmmm... well im confused. My elevator stick is working the menu ok. I can select items & change values & turn the menu mode off & on etc. but i cant get a servo to work through it.

Im using this

6 channel TX & RX.
Tapped PPM wire off it & inverted the signal.
Ive selected all possible combinations in the menu for channel 1 & 2 output but neither of my 2 connected servos will function. :-(

Am i missing something?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:01 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,552 Posts
Ok - i was missing something... +5v!

hehe.

I scoped the PWM pin on channel 1 & 2 - signal was there & varying. I forgot to hook up 5v from the RX even thou the OSD was powered up i assumed the servo pins also had 5v.

All sorted now.

:-)
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:28 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barok View Post
daniel/john...
oh man... did this mod.. http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=732 reverse this A2 chip so i thought i can improve the text.. well the whole video image (not just text) got too dark and saturated, chopppy edges so i put it back as before now the video image is stable but its to dark and saturated.. when i remove the DOSD+ without using it,(connect the in and out video wire, ie: jump pin) the video is fine.. so the problem is in the osd.. any ideas?
all is well..i removed that diode altogether ( i've damaged it ) and video is fine... the text improved slightly.. took it out this weekend.. it does take 5-7 min to aquire some if not all the satellite before the osd ready..at times it re-set itself..will try to load a video(trying to convert a minidv tape to .avi )..wow amazed of all the info and sound it makes while flying..great work D and J..
also notice the home arrow pointing away from the ground station(at me.) are these gps unit directional?
w/DOSD+
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:00 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Barok,

Glad to hear you got it working buddy! Oh... try converting your minidv with Sony Vegas... deinterlaces the video better than the other softwares I've used. Also I hope others are enjoying the audio features as well.... I suspect other OSD makers will follow our lead on this one but you guys got it first.
OK I'm off again soldering stuff and filling out orders.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:11 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Want to get one of these, but questions:
- does it come with latest firmware or will I need to program it myself?
- will a standard USB to TTL-232 cable work for programming?
(http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?ma...products_id=70)
- will it work with my LS20033 GPS module?
(http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...=16398&cat=250)
- I don't see the current sensor board shown on EagleTree's site - looks like they use a field sensor now? Where can I get one that works with the DSOD?

Thx!
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:08 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,229 Posts
upgrading to the latest firmware is vey easy.. just follow Daniel's to a letter..

that is the gps i'm using.. got it from this guy..http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=locosys

hey john.. i'll look for that software..
thanks again..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:11 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
Want to get one of these, but questions:

Thx!
Hey Andy,

I am glad to see you getting into FPV, given your experience in so many areas, I look foward to seeing your projects. You will also have a great time with it

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:18 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I've already done some, actually, but now getting a little more serious with a RTH OSD and head-tracking.
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:13 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,518 Posts
I just want to hear from other DOSD+ users about GPS startup time?
i am using Flytron (Simple OSD) GPS and have to wait about 12minutes to get few sats in the screen after 15min, hdop is 0.9
but why is it taking too long? do i need to add extra battery for gps to stay connected?

Please everyone, how long do you need to wait in the field before take off?
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Old Apr 27, 2010, 01:48 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,552 Posts
10-15 mins here.

Im using this type of GPS...

I was thinking of keeping GPS powered up b4 heading out into field then just reset home.