SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:24 AM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64 View Post
Nice 1 cherokee180c, i never thought about that, all my OSD`s power off the current sensor without issue so just didnt think twice about it
So what are you and Mark doing then, cutting the positive and ground wires off the current sensor wire and feeding that into an LC filter first before going to the OSD? That sounds like what Mark is doing. Are you powering all other 12V or 5V step-down devices (ie camera and Vtx) from those same wires? None of that is covered in the manual or anything else I have seen. I also wonder is that 12V that comes out of the sensor after the sensing circuit so all current passing through would be totalized in the OSD? For me it is just easier to leave as provided and run the dedicated filtered 12V.
cherokee180c is offline Find More Posts by cherokee180c
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
USA, AZ
Joined Jun 2010
359 Posts
I am finally attempting first autopilot flight (soon), meanwhile in early versions the control surface's moved while in-menu, now they just freeze.... you work with menu and exit to regain control. Is there exact setting? or something everyone decided? thanks you all!! Good day!
Tom-
Tankogen is offline Find More Posts by Tankogen
Old Jan 24, 2011, 01:28 PM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,527 Posts
just another test.
Some place works OK, some - not.

Another Ap test (4 min 34 sec)

Virgis
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Old Jan 24, 2011, 02:11 PM
United States, MD, Ellicott City
Joined Mar 2008
1,198 Posts
I got a cx161 that is a 5v camera...Im going to change to a one battery setup, so can someone give me a list of what i need to get the voltage down to 5 and also to prevent noise?

I was thinking this

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...8&cat=0&page=1

and this

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16497
beginner4life is offline Find More Posts by beginner4life
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:03 PM
O <- this a ground loop
Japan
Joined Nov 2010
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner4life View Post
I got a cx161 that is a 5v camera...Im going to change to a one battery setup, so can someone give me a list of what i need to get the voltage down to 5 and also to prevent noise?

I was thinking this

and this

If you can handle a soldering iron then a 7805 regulator rated at 500mA or 1A would give you noise free power for your camera.
Assuming your camera draws 100~200mA its not a great deal of energy lost to heat. Cheaper than a BEC and no noise (in theory).

12-5 =7v
7v x 0.15A = 1.05w

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...d.php?p=177439

Ren
devfor is offline Find More Posts by devfor
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:20 PM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner4life View Post

I was thinking this

and this

As mentioned a 7805 works well. It does get very hot though when powered by 3s, so just be sure it has access to cooling air. I do not know how hot it can get before it is damaged, but mine easily gets hot enough to melt hot glue..
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:30 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
As mentioned a 7805 works well. It does get very hot though when powered by 3s, so just be sure it has access to cooling air. I do not know how hot it can get before it is damaged, but mine easily gets hot enough to melt hot glue..
Is that with or without a heatsink?
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2011, 03:43 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,452 Posts
if you want to position hold with the position set in the menu, do you have to set waypoint to "1" or is it "home"/"0"?
thanks
Mike
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jan 24, 2011, 04:39 PM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,591 Posts
That was my 7805 that i just made in the video. It was easy but you do need a hat sink if running on 3S. I am using for the VTx, so about 3 watts to heat.
cherokee180c is offline Find More Posts by cherokee180c
Old Jan 24, 2011, 04:42 PM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands View Post
Is that with or without a heatsink?
WITHOUT! I just put it outside hanging in the wind and it keeps it cool enough I guess. A heat sink would be good insurance.
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Jan 24, 2011, 06:54 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
WITHOUT! I just put it outside hanging in the wind and it keeps it cool enough I guess. A heat sink would be good insurance.
cool (like your regulator!)

:-)
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:06 PM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,211 Posts
I have a theory for an idea, ill put it forward see what people think.

When your testing you new install DOSD you have to check Autopilot etc, to test the control surfaces etc you either need someone on the ground running around a field or test in the air.

My suggestion is, how about an interface to connect to the DOSD in place of the GPS sensor to send fake data.

You sit your plane at home on your bench, plug in a PC, play a simulated gps signal to the OSD and you can monitor, adjust or reverse controls fom the menu before taking it anywhere in safety. A simulated flight can be programmed in so AP activation could be checked, you could compare control surfaces to OSD screen and double check everything before going anywhere
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:27 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
if you want to position hold with the position set in the menu, do you have to set waypoint to "1" or is it "home"/"0"?
thanks
Mike
Funny you should mention this. I was experimenting with the Hold function. You want your waypoint to 0 AND set your waypoint mode to HOLD...you can set this up before launch. Now while in flight you enter menu, select the Hold position in the main menu (by scrolling down to it an then hitting right aileron)...you won't see anything to indicate the Hold position was set, now whenever you flick to AP mode the plane will head for the HOLD position and circle it until you turn off AP. You'll ALWAYS been in HOLD mode whenever you hit the AP switch. To return to RTH mode you must change the waypoint mode off HOLD. I set mine to 'next' and got RTH back. You'll notice the screen with say either Autopilot <HOLD> or Autopilot <Home> when in AP mode. The key here is setting HOLD for the Waypoint Mode. The small your hit distance the tighter the plane turns to keep in the hold area. I had mine set for 30m and it worked pretty well. Probably 100m or more would give a larger and smoother turn.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:30 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64 View Post
I have a theory for an idea, ill put it forward see what people think.

When your testing you new install DOSD you have to check Autopilot etc, to test the control surfaces etc you either need someone on the ground running around a field or test in the air.

My suggestion is, how about an interface to connect to the DOSD in place of the GPS sensor to send fake data.

You sit your plane at home on your bench, plug in a PC, play a simulated gps signal to the OSD and you can monitor, adjust or reverse controls fom the menu before taking it anywhere in safety. A simulated flight can be programmed in so AP activation could be checked, you could compare control surfaces to OSD screen and double check everything before going anywhere
I believe the DOSD has some sort of simulator in it already...at least older versions did and Daniel didn't make mention of removing it yet. I forget how to enter it and I've never tried it. Perhaps someone who has more insight can chime in on what it does and how it works. It's kinda a hidden feature and not documented, that I could find at least.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2011, 08:51 PM
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
100 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to this thread and was just curious about a couple of things...

1) Does Daniel have a antenna tracker?
2) Does the waypoint function work in all countries?

Excuse me if I have overlooked something as like I said I am new. I have been using rvosd and dont YET have UHF.

Thanks
Justin C is offline Find More Posts by Justin C