HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2011, 11:35 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
Virgis. . I DL'd and tried to use Ver. 1.7, and it "sketched" in properly.

Apparently the ver 1.8 and higher have an issue with my Vista64 setup, or something else is going on that is not clear.

As soon as the new pieces get here I'll go forward using the 1.7ver. firmware.

thanks..

Kris Welter
I think that is a little missunderstanding here: there are versions for the Arduimo program (ver1.8) and versions for the arduIMU(1.6b, 1.6e,1.6f, 1.6 g).
I think that you skipped a step:

"Next, click on the Arduino.exe file in the arduino-0018 (if this was the version you downloaded) directory. Doing so will open it up with a "sketch" file open already. You will not be using this file. Click on the "File" menu item and select "Open":-
Now, navigate to the directory where you extracted the firmware source files(firmwares:1.6b, 1.6e,1.6f, 1.6 g). Under the "arduimu" sub-directory, select the file "arduimu.exe" and open it. This will open up another instance of the Arduino IDE. At this point, you may close the first IDE window (the one with the "sketch") as it will no longer be needed.
"
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2011, 11:49 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,430 Posts
Is this a viable DOSD IMU? Apparently it has an I2C interface.

scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Jan 07, 2011, 11:49 PM
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined May 2006
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempo View Post
I think that is a little missunderstanding here: there are versions for the Arduimo program (ver1.8) and versions for the arduIMU(1.6b, 1.6e,1.6f, 1.6 g).
I think that you skipped a step:

"Next, click on the Arduino.exe file in the arduino-0018 (if this was the version you downloaded) directory. Doing so will open it up with a "sketch" file open already. You will not be using this file. Click on the "File" menu item and select "Open":-
Now, navigate to the directory where you extracted the firmware source files(firmwares:1.6b, 1.6e,1.6f, 1.6 g). Under the "arduimu" sub-directory, select the file "arduimu.exe" and open it. This will open up another instance of the Arduino IDE. At this point, you may close the first IDE window (the one with the "sketch") as it will no longer be needed.
"
I did that all properly. the later ver firmware . .1.8 and later, has additional command lines, as I put in my earlier post, that require a reference to sub-libraries of data that the ver 1.7 and earlier firmware does not utilize. I'm pretty sure this is what was causing the problem.

The 2nd IMU window opened properly, but when commanded to Sketch it locked because of faults, as I showed the fault descriptions showed.

Check out the ArduImu code source library, and check out the available versions of the firmware. you will see that ver 1.6-1.6.5 is not listed at all, and ver 1.7 is the earliest available.

Kris Welter
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old Jan 07, 2011, 11:55 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
I did that all properly. the later ver firmware . .1.8 and later, has additional command lines, as I put in my earlier post, that require a reference to sub-libraries of data that the ver 1.7 and earlier firmware does not utilize. I'm pretty sure this is what was causing the problem.

Check out the ArduImu code source library, and check out the available versions of the firmware. you will see that ver 1.6-1.6.5 is not listed at all, and ver 1.7 is the earliest available.

Kris Welter
As i said , there is a missunderstanding, you're confuzing the version of the arduino program with the ArduIMU firmware version(posted by Daniel).
Here:
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76 on the bottom of the posts there are the firmware versions 1.6 e,f,g.....
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Old Jan 08, 2011, 12:06 AM
Air Crash Expert
Louisiana
Joined Oct 2005
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee180c View Post
If you have the barometric IC2 pressure sensor hooked up the altitude will automatically be from the sensor. Speed is always ground speed from the GPS unless you have an airspeed sensor hooked up.
Thanks for the conformation Cherokee and Kempo. I just wasn't sure if the ladders were only for the airspeed and baro sensors or for both sensors and GPS.
sawman is offline Find More Posts by sawman
Old Jan 08, 2011, 12:22 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,519 Posts
Quote:

The 2nd IMU window opened properly, but when commanded to Sketch it locked because of faults, as I showed the fault descriptions showed.

Kris Welter
Kris,

Want to use ArduIMU sensor for DOSD+ AHI? then you must use versions that Daniel has modified. Look at kempo link and do what Daniel wrote to do, use 2nd from the botom (I think it is 1.6f) do hard-calibration!!!

Virgis
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
Old Jan 08, 2011, 06:33 AM
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined May 2006
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21 View Post
Kris,

Want to use ArduIMU sensor for DOSD+ AHI? then you must use versions that Daniel has modified. Look at kempo link and do what Daniel wrote to do, use 2nd from the botom (I think it is 1.6f) do hard-calibration!!!

Virgis
Look. . here's a great idea. .

Someone. . Get ALL the pertinent files. . Put them on ONE SITE..and in ONE PLACE. . in ORDER. Label it. . HOW TO DO ARDUIMU WITH DRAGON

Forget putting them in posts, chat rooms, or 155 page operating manuals.

Then go Step A. . .Step B. . . Step C, in a separate set of diagrams or explanations.

Kris Welter
Last edited by KrisW; Jan 08, 2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 06:55 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,519 Posts
Kris,

The problem is that you don't listen to what we say. Kempo was the first one who gave you a link with all info around ArduIMU for DOSD+
Latter I did the same, but you don't listen too
The main reason is, that ArduIMU isn't perfect for AHI, so that's why not in DragonLabs site. Then We will have really nice one working with DOSD+ I bet it will appear on Dragons site!
This tread is made for this purpose, develop and help for each other if any problem comes..
Sorry for misunderstanding!

Virgis
Old Jan 08, 2011, 07:10 AM
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined May 2006
841 Posts
..edited to take us out of Mamby Pamby land..
Last edited by KrisW; Jan 08, 2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 07:25 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
KrisW,

Go to this link:-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76

Follow the instructions there step by step. Note that the firmware we are using for the ArduIMU is a custom version and is available only in the above link. You will see it as an attachment - I suggest trying Ardu-IMU16e-I2C.zip as a start.

There is a video at the end of the thread as well which you can follow. It is best to read the above link in its entirety. Everything you need, files, instructions, links, can be found there. Just follow it every step of the way.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Jan 08, 2011, 07:35 AM
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined May 2006
841 Posts
Here's the IMU sofftware, and other stuff you need

I'll make this easy for everyone. . .

Here are the firmware versions specificaly designed for the DragonLink OSD when using the ArduImu:

Ver 1.6-I2C http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=750

Ver 1.6b-I2C http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=781

Ver 1.6e-I2C http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=786

Ver 1.6f-I2C http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=789

Ver 1.6g-I2C http://www.forum.tsebi.com/download/file.php?id=837

Each of these has a slightly different functionality. . be sure to check out the explanations on the installation thread http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76 before downloading or installing the firmware. The Firmware is also linked at the BOTTOM of each post in this thread, AFTER the explanation of the changes instilled and functionality.

HERE is the Ardu Operating system for installing the Firmware:

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Download the software version that is appropriate for your computer OS. The Zipped download is about 86 MB . .it will take up about 250MB on your Hard drive, and must be Unzipped after download.

HERE is the link for how to install the software you have just downloaded, as explained by Daniel Wee. Be sure to have the firmware UNZIPPED, in it's own folder, on your desktop screen, for easy reference. He does a step-by-step procedure of the process of getting the IMU up, connected, and going.

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76

NOTE: The Ardu software programs do NOT allow you to de-link the shortcuts out of the programs folders. You can Right Click the icon for the Ardu operating System, and make a shortcut to it on your desktop, but it is advised that you still keep a visible folder where it is easy to access. All your downloaded Zipped files should be kept in a common folder for ease of access, and each should be clearly labelled after they are unzipped to prevent confusion (there are going to be a LOT of files and folders/subfolders) it's just the nature of the Ardu architecture.

One other note. . The unzipped ArduImu firmware does NOT give a .xxx suffix for the files during the "Sketching" phase of the installation using the Ardu GUI, when browsing for the file to access for the Sketching . They are PDE files. . just use the file labelled "ArduImu" . .it's a PDE file. . but the Ardu interface does not list the file suffix.

I'll look at the rest of this and see if I can get it all together in one place. . .

Kris Welter
Last edited by KrisW; Jan 08, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 07:49 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,519 Posts
Kris,

Nice done! Really nice done!
The thing is what we all are working out things! Daniel is doing the most part. Mark, me, kempo and so many others are doing flying/experimenting things round all of that!
Cralis is working on PC Commander.
XRacer - on DOSD+ waypoint soft. We all are working on part we know how to.
In another words, AruduIMU isn't used that much around (will be enough hand fingers to count how many of are using it!)
So Heaven wasn't build in one day Lets work on it!

Virgis
Old Jan 08, 2011, 07:50 AM
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined May 2006
841 Posts
Here's the IMU sofftware, and other stuff you need

You guys need a secretary. . . .

Kris Welter
Old Jan 08, 2011, 07:53 AM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
So you complained about having to dig in a thread to get info and you bury your post in a thread that's over 500 pages long right now? What happens when this thread is 1000 pages? Heh heh.
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Old Jan 08, 2011, 08:01 AM
Eccentricus Magnus
Joined May 2006
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
So you complained about having to dig in a thread to get info and you bury your post in a thread that's over 500 pages long right now? What happens when this thread is 1000 pages? Heh heh.
I suggest you bookmark that post. . . it's going to become very important. Or maybe someone can copy-paste it to the DL website, then edit for content and clarity. (hint hint)

I can't believe I did all that BEFORE I even had my usual morning HUGE mug of Swiss mocha mint coffee (BIG mug) with Cream, Sugar, Mint, and chocolate added to some really strong brew. . . .

Kris Welter