HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:02 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,236 Posts
ok.. daniel i got that.. able to move those text..didn't know what that safezone feature was for...
but at boot up (the boot up screen) the very first text.. is still overscaled.. that is where the version is shown, correct???, can't see it cuz it happens in a split second.. even tried to take a pic, but i need 3 hands..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:20 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
barok,

In the serial terminal, just type:-

VERSION

Make sure you are running the latest firmware though as this command didn't do much in earlier revisions. Either that or just watch the message show up when you power up the board.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:47 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,236 Posts
yes got the latest firmware 5.9 installed..
can't type anything in that terminal window in the ds30 loader prog.

how do you put a callsign?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:54 PM
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
187 Posts
barok,

You should read about the Serial Port here http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63
Also about the commands line here http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70

Right now I only use the terminal commands line while waiting for my Diydrone PPM encoder.

plesk
plesk is offline Find More Posts by plesk
Old Apr 14, 2010, 08:17 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,755 Posts
Serial talk

Barok, and others.

I use Putty to talk to the board. Serial link with ttl interface.

Work good
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:18 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,236 Posts
help pls...ok.. just got another rx futaba r168df,, my hitec6 is very glitcy..
done this ppm mod.. http://blog.uofaarc.org/wp-content/u...1/p1030791.jpg.. tapped it on that #682 resistor as per instruction...can not access the menu... anyone use this rx..??
Old Apr 15, 2010, 01:33 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Jettpilot, did you power the IMU with 5 or 6 volts? I just flew with 5 volts from my receiver to power it and it seemed sweet, it says 6 on the circuit board but it is a pain to find 6v without adding more junk to the plane. You see any potential problems with 5v?

Thanks

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Apr 15, 2010, 07:16 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark,

You should use 12V. I don't think 5V is highly recommended.

In the meantime, please look at the IMU firmware 1.6e that I have posted. There are extensive instructions to use it but it should produce much better results that earlier firmwares. If you make any tests (even if it's just flying around the field or a short flight), please video it and let me have a look at it so I can improve the performance.

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=76

Daniel
Old Apr 15, 2010, 07:42 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
I am talking about the arduIMU which you have just released firmware "1.6e" , I can not see where you can put 12v only 3.3v 5v and 6v. I presumed the 6volt is for running it, 5volt for serial connection and 3.3v I ave no idea. It worked ok with the 5v going in to where it says 6v.
When the red light comes on from moving the board too fast, is this when it loses symmetry with the horizon. I flew my extra 300 foamy in 60 km/hr winds today and I think it was moving too fast for the IMU to keep up, was way too windy to fly it really. I will work through installing and calibrating with the new firmware and then post the vid

thanks

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Apr 15, 2010, 08:08 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
If you look carefully you will see that the "6VIN" is really ">6VIN" meaning "MORE than 6V". So 12V will work. If you use 5V, feed it to the 5V input.

Daniel
Last edited by Daniel Wee; Apr 15, 2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:42 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,325 Posts
Hi Mark,

Just like Daniel said, I used the 12 volts in from my video system. Nothing got super hot and the board seemed to be OK, with it. The only information I had was the >6 V on the board, so I gave it what it asked for, greater than 6 volts

Everyone,

Remember one thing on the IMU, the other day was the first flight ever, there is much more calibration and work to be done, do not expect good results yet, this is a process that will take many test flights by us and then software adjustments by Daniel to perfect as he sees the results of each new code.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:41 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
Had a bad day the other day. The DC-DC converter on my robot project shorted sending 48 volts (instead of 12) to all my electronics, frying the camera, DOSD+ and who knows what else. I checked and double checked the DOSD+ and it's definitely dead. I don't suppose it's fixable, is it? Good thing I bought two. When did that $99 deal end?
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:24 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Darn, sorry to hear that. It's hard to say off-hand if the board is fixable. With some luck, only the switching regulator blew but if the MCU took a hit, that will be hard to remove for you. Let me know if you want to attempt to fix the power supply.

How long was the over-voltage condition? If it was very brief, chances are only the power supply died. Otherwise it's really hard to say.

Daniel
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:43 PM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
Yeah, it was a pretty expensive "accident". I'm still checking things out, but so far looks like I'm out $500 worth of components. At least the DOSD+ that fried isolated the compass and it's still working, otherwise it would have been another $160.

Fixing it is likely well beyond my soldering skills. After I total up the damage hopefully I'll still be able to afford finishing this project and maybe get another spare DOSD+.
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:51 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
gobigkahuna,

That sounds like an interesting project so why don't you just talk to John - maybe we can do something to help you out.

Daniel