DOSD5.8beta3 elev and ail1 still working

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:02 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark,

That's cool. Anything else you want fixed while I'm at it?

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:06 PM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
I will let you know after my first crash
Was wondering if the mtk gps baud rate should be initialised at a higher speed, I think they support 38400, I don't know if it makes a difference or not. The imu and ahi work realy well now on boot up, no need to power up earlier than osd.

Thanks

Mark
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Be advised that the IMU still needs tweaking - which I will get to once I clear all the OSD stuff. It handles rolls very nicely but still relies too much on accelerometer overall. This is where the tweaking comes in. The GPSes are all initialized to 115200baud usually.

Daniel
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:43 PM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
After enabling autopilot if I access the normal menu with the three way switch when I go back to the switch position that enables autopilot it stays in the menu. To get back to autopilot I have to move the endpoint of the 3 position switch until the menu goes away and then I can move the endpoint back to enable autopilot.
Also when in autopilot mode I can still move the servos and the imu does not, is the because the hight is 0 meters?

Thanks

Mark
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:03 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
I'm not exactly clear about your three way switch problem. Maybe you just need to move the end points a bit more to get more reliable switching?

Yes, even in autopilot, you retain full manual override so you get the best of both worlds. I do not know what you mean by "and the imu does not". The sentence doesn't sound complete - does not what? The height has no bearing on the autopilot or IMU.

If you want the horizon to show up, you need to set HORIZONSTYLE to 1 from inside the menu. At this point the IMU and the autopilot are not coupled yet being that I am still tweaking the IMU.

Daniel
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:18 PM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
I did not know that the imu and autopilot were not coupled, that explains why I can move the servos and the imu does not move the servos.

Switch position 1 = Normal
Switch position 2 = Menu
Switch position 3 = Autopilot

Power up everything, all working good in normal mode
Switch to position 2, menu working good
Switch to position 3, autopilot mode with (home) on screen
Switch to position 2, menu working
Switch to position 3, menu working
Switch to position 2, menu working
Switch to position 1, normal working

the only way to get to autopilot is, with switch in position 3 move the endpoint until it enables menu then back again, or repower everything
I have tried extreme endpoint settings where autopilot is just enabled and right out the other side where it is just about disabled again and in the center of the two.

The horizon indicator is working fine.

Thanks

Mark
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:41 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Give 5.9 a try. Let me know if it solves the problem.

IMU code also updated to 1.6b.

Daniel
Old Apr 13, 2010, 04:30 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post

Daniel
I just posted my test flight results this morning, and Daniel already has a firmware update. I dont think any other company in the world does such fast fixes

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 13, 2010, 04:45 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
i would love to see imu in flight video results, althought i suppose you might not want to until its all working perfect )
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:47 PM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Give 5.9 a try. Let me know if it solves the problem.

Daniel
All good now, thanks Daniel

Mark
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:02 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob00 View Post
i would love to see imu in flight video results, althought i suppose you might not want to until its all working perfect )
Jimbob,

Some of the IMU flight testing is uploading to youtube right now ! No its no perfect, but I am sure everyone will understand this is the first time it has ever flown, and that it will be improved greatly ! For a first flight, it went remarkably well I will post the link to the video as soon as its finished uploading, along with some other stuff from the Dragon OSD.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Jimbob,

Some of the IMU flight testing is uploading to youtube right now ! No its no perfect, but I am sure everyone will understand this is the first time it has ever flown, and that it will be improved greatly ! For a first flight, it went remarkably well I will post the link to the video as soon as its finished uploading, along with some other stuff from the Dragon OSD.

Mike
heh i just found the video on your channel so came to visit here.. but video is not yet here ahah!
the display on your plane is very smooth compared to other videos thats cool!
sometimes after a few rolls it seemed like the imu didn't detect the horizon properly, but overal it looked very promising

ps: which GPS do you use?
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Last edited by jimbob00; Apr 13, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:47 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,324 Posts
Here is a video showing the new firmware, as well as some of the features of the Dragon OSD + Also shown is the first test flight of the IMU horizon, which worked very well for the first flight ever !!! This will be amazing when it is tested and refined to work perfectly... The IMU is a gyro sensor to keep the plane level that is way better than thermal sensors, this is the future.

As always with YouTube, the video will be HORRIBLE unless you click the HD 720 at the bottom right of the video to watch it in High Definition.

Enjoy

FPV Plane FPV (5 min 38 sec)

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:15 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,236 Posts
that is cool.. i have not yet put mine on the plane..good to know the capabilities....
trying to look what version, where/how can i see the version of my dosd+?
i do have the usb serial dongle..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok