Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 09, 2010, 08:50 PM
Brissy, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Find a good place to buy the Hobbywing BEC?
I didn't put a great deal of time into looking for places, i just got mine off ebay.
draron is offline Find More Posts by draron
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:09 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,066 Posts
Me to. I got on ebay, search Hobbywing 5A, picked the least expensive with shipping, and ordered. Here's the one I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT . Shipping is almost as much as the BEC itself, but it came much quicker than I had thought it would.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:50 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,604 Posts
Thanks - I saw that one too.

Wow. "Delivery: Estimated between Wed. Dec. 1 and Tue. Dec. 14" Was it really almost a month?
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Nov 09, 2010, 10:17 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Thanks - I saw that one too.

Wow. "Delivery: Estimated between Wed. Dec. 1 and Tue. Dec. 14" Was it really almost a month?
Nope. I had mine in probably in less than 2 weeks after my order. Probably more in the just over 1 week mark.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:18 AM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
This is my sensor, when the lid is on it will be airtight except for the static pipe (top) to route to an external static port, pitot is lower pipe. Not tested yet.

Box is made from ABS sheet superglued together, the pipes are plastic cotton bud stalks. Bit OTT but have to see how it compares with bare sensor in fuselage

Yo mr Magnetman.... Was chatting to Owen on the blower last night about various subjects but it's only this morning that I realised we are (as in you and me) are likelly to be meeting up very soon... and possibly mike the crash as well?! I am normally a believer in K.I.S.S. Principles but I really have a full house FPV install on the go. I am trying to search to find your set up... But Baro is the one area I have not fully researched and bought the kit for. I have a DL and ardui IMU here already. 'Our' meet should focus my mind on the final stages of my twinstar install and debugging.... But it would be really kool to have you look over my set up/ settings. Btw I'm only 40 odd miles up the good ol 338 ;-)

Thekubakis.... You ended up being soooo far ahead of me, and I know you have suffered delays in your build so I want to say good luck to you. chattering servo's must be a good omen - if they are happy to chat they must be ready to fly!
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:03 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
On the GPS 0-degree issue, I have just confirmed that it is not a firmware issue. I tried with three different GPS module, put them on the roof of my car and drove 6 circles (3 in each direction) with each. In all of them, there is no choking/stalling of the heading update when passing through 0-degrees from either directions. Based on this, I can say that the firmware is working correctly. This leaves some GPS modules as being the problem.

The modules I tested were a Venus 10Hz module, LS20033 5Hz, and LS20031 5Hz.

You can repeat the test in the same way I did - using OSD mode 3 (diagnostic screen) and the latest firmware, and giving it a shot.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:26 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogz View Post
..... I realised we are (as in you and me) are likelly to be meeting up very soon... and possibly mike the crash as well?! ......!
Well last night I found out that if you put an IMU near an ESC it gives pitch and roll readings proportional to speed! Also my video is really noisy too, so it's back to the start for me. I've become the worlds slowest builder, so making it for the next meet is now a challenge

It would be cool if you could zero the IMU's pitch and roll with DOSD+ then I could put it anywhere, but I'm going to struggle to find somewhere flat for it in my funjet!
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:00 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Version 15.2

1. Fixed bug in data downlink routine - coordinate polarity

OOhh, does that mean the DTracker is getting close?
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Nov 10, 2010, 03:11 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Guys,

Regarding the chatter - that's probably the GPS stabilization at work. This happens all the time as long as the GPS stabilization gain is greater than zero. It also happens during menu mode.

magnetman,

There are versions of the Honeywell sensor that are two-ported. You could try those if you need two ports. It might be worth putting the static port in some sponge.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yeah I tried getting the two port version but they are only made to order and thus very expensive. The part number for that one is HSCMRRN001PD2A3 if anyone else wants to try..Hence my reason for putting this one in a box.
If you ordered 30 of them it may be worthwhile... even then the price for a single unit is the same as the single port version from Mouser (where I got mine).

The case will be padded with cotton wool to damp out excessive fluctuations
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:26 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,235 Posts
Daniel, would it be simple to make a "zeroing" feature in DOSD+ for the IMU, for situations where you can't get it exactly flat in the airframe?

thanks

Mike
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:37 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
MikeTheCrash,

I'll have to think about that one.

Daniel
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:50 AM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Version 15.2

1. Fixed bug in data downlink routine - coordinate polarity

OOhh, does that mean the DTracker is getting close?
I am going to be fairly upset if it does, especially because my wife would have purchased it for me for Christmas!!! I asked Daniel at least 3 times to just give me a a general idea if it was this quarter, next quarter, etc. but he never responded. I just purchased cercomtechnologies GS diversity controller earlier this week for my GS. I would still use a diversity controller behind a tracker with omni for close in and backup, so I am sure I will still pick up the DGS eventually after it is available. You got to love the way Daniel is fully testing everything out and fixing most of the bugs before release!!!
cherokee180c is offline Find More Posts by cherokee180c
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:06 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,235 Posts
Quote:
MikeTheCrash,

I'll have to think about that one.

Daniel
don't think too much on it, I think I have a solution for re-arranging my plane

thanks

Mike
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:13 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Quote:
On the GPS 0-degree issue, I have just confirmed that it is not a firmware issue. I tried with three different GPS module, put them on the roof of my car and drove 6 circles (3 in each direction) with each. In all of them, there is no choking/stalling of the heading update when passing through 0-degrees from either directions. Based on this, I can say that the firmware is working correctly. This leaves some GPS modules as being the problem.

The modules I tested were a Venus 10Hz module, LS20033 5Hz, and LS20031 5Hz.

You can repeat the test in the same way I did - using OSD mode 3 (diagnostic screen) and the latest firmware, and giving it a shot.

Daniel

Was it this Venus module??? http://www.mr-lee-catcam.de/pe_cc_i6.htm
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:49 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
magnetman,

Unfortunately that particular one, the SUP500F is exceptionally bad for me. I am using a different one with an active antenna. That combination works exceptionally well - giving me 9 satellites within seconds usually. I added my own supercap to keep the memory intact between power cycles.

The board I use:-
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9133
Needs an active antenna, something like this:-
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...roducts_id=464

The one you linked (not really recommended):-
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9758

Daniel
Last edited by Daniel Wee; Nov 10, 2010 at 10:01 AM.