SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2010, 01:34 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
scrtsqrl,

The easiest way is to use PC Commander to many sure that you have the AIL chan assigned correctly. Either that, or to manually issue the command. Are you using PC Commander?

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2010, 01:41 AM
USA, AZ
Joined Jun 2010
359 Posts
Ok daniel here is what I am getting, Firmware version timed out.This way seems if searching for bl is shorter. Same errors unfortunately. I tried Pc commander, always here n there last try etc..it reported failed connection, and then index out of bounds

again it is using the DSPIC33FJ128MC804, my board is a V2
Tankogen is offline Find More Posts by Tankogen
Old Nov 08, 2010, 01:41 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
scrtsqrl,

The easiest way is to use PC Commander to many sure that you have the AIL chan assigned correctly. Either that, or to manually issue the command. Are you using PC Commander?

Daniel
Unfortunately, not yet...

But if the aileron channel is plugged into ch1 port, wouldn't that mean that it is encoded as such?

Thanks again for your time.
scrtsqrl is offline Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:31 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Unfortunately, not yet...

But if the aileron channel is plugged into ch1 port, wouldn't that mean that it is encoded as such?

Thanks again for your time.
you have to tell DOSD which channel in the PPM stream is the aileron channel in the menu too
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:58 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
It maybe you may have knocked or blown something during your first attempt at this when you hooked something incorrectly. If Daniel has exhausted all attempts to solve this then you can either send it to me to look at. If it's a small thing like a component replacement or reloading the boot loader I have no problems doing it for free as long as you cover the shipping charges.

John
jmstech1@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankogen View Post
Ok daniel here is what I am getting, Firmware version timed out.This way seems if searching for bl is shorter. Same errors unfortunately. I tried Pc commander, always here n there last try etc..it reported failed connection, and then index out of bounds

again it is using the DSPIC33FJ128MC804, my board is a V2
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Nov 08, 2010, 03:44 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Tankogen,

Are you using the latest version of ds30Loader?

I'm assuming you are following the steps I outlined and you are getting the error message after you power on the DOSD+ correct? Do you know if your board is a V1 or a V2 board?

Daniel
Last edited by Daniel Wee; Nov 08, 2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 03:53 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
scrtsqrl,

What kind of radio are you using?

Daniel
Old Nov 08, 2010, 05:31 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Guys (Mainly the IMU experienced folk out there).

I got my ArduIMU+ V2 installed into my Skywalker today. It was 'pre prgrammed' for me... so I am powering it with one wire from a spare 5V out off my Rx... to the 5V on the board. Then theree are the normal 3 wires that go to where my Altimeter was plugged on the OSD.

Powered up.. got a green light, and a fast flashing coloured light... then flashing stopped... then solid orange. And on screen, hey presto! A well calibrated artificial horizen! Yeeha!! Used PC Commander to set the Horizen mode to 1. All good.

Now... first flight, I will fly it for display only. As in - it must not effect flight. So, am I right in saying that I must set the gain down to zero on the OSD. That will make sure that the IMU doesn't have any effect on my flight.

Sound right?
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:17 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Got a chance to test a few things today.
My rather well loved EasyStar test platform.

The Baro is buried at the back of the cockpit.
FY is install on the top under that white cover.
I suspect the wind chill/sun was affecting it due to extreme temp changes.
It worked well through a few pack changes, about 1.5 hrs.

Airspeed sensor. Worked well.
HSCMRNN001PG2A3
*Needs a low limit where it doesn't update when you are sitting still.

Altitude sensor, BMP085. Worked well.
No landing below take off hight like some have experienced.

Rudder only navigation. Worked well.
Found mixing in AIL was better as the FY did not keep it flat during turns.
Leveled up the wing slightly during turns.
*Could do with more AIL mixed in though.
Probably beyond what it was meant for so will get a 3rd party mixer.
This one looks most flexible
http://www.desertrc.com/sm2.html

I found compass mode 4/Radar most useful.
*Could do with the pan indicator as well.
Useful for debugging.

I do need some help though.
When it is within it's hit distance it turns hard.
It does it 3 times in this video.
The last time leading to a crash due to lost altitude and me not reacting quick enough.

Winds about 20km/h

APROTGAIN = 68
ROT Limit = 45
ROT step gain = 8
Max. Heading chg. = 45
Hit distance = 50m

ROC step gain = 0 Turned off for testing.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:32 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Mr. westie,

ROT step gain determines how hard it turns so if it turns too hard, just dial it lower.

Can you show the CAS working?

Daniel
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:40 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Guys (Mainly the IMU experienced folk out there).

I got my ArduIMU+ V2 installed into my Skywalker today. It was 'pre prgrammed' for me... so I am powering it with one wire from a spare 5V out off my Rx... to the 5V on the board. Then theree are the normal 3 wires that go to where my Altimeter was plugged on the OSD.

Powered up.. got a green light, and a fast flashing coloured light... then flashing stopped... then solid orange. And on screen, hey presto! A well calibrated artificial horizen! Yeeha!! Used PC Commander to set the Horizen mode to 1. All good.

Now... first flight, I will fly it for display only. As in - it must not effect flight. So, am I right in saying that I must set the gain down to zero on the OSD. That will make sure that the IMU doesn't have any effect on my flight.

Sound right?

Yep, set it to 0 gain and it's only displaying. But, I have the gain channel (7) in my case on a rotary control, so I can vary the amount of gain down to Zero or in between (up to the max gain you set)for the IMU and GPS stab. So, I launch with gain off and if I want to do a lazy cruise, just turn the gain control up, then turn it off for landing again.
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:54 AM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Winds about 20km/h

APROTGAIN = 68
ROT Limit = 45
ROT step gain = 8
Max. Heading chg. = 45
Hit distance = 50m

ROC step gain = 0 Turned off for testing.
You have ROTSTEPGAIN way too high IMHO. I have mine set to 2.5 with Rudder only control and it turns fine. The default 3.0 was too aggressive for me and you are set to 8.0, so it doesn't surprise me that it rolled over on you. Sorry to here about the crash.
cherokee180c is offline Find More Posts by cherokee180c
Old Nov 08, 2010, 06:55 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Mr. westie,

I see the CAS working well. I'll look into the zeroing issue.

Another thing you may want to consider is the FY. I've read about cases where it flipped the plane like in your video. You may not want to rule that out.

Daniel
Old Nov 08, 2010, 08:11 AM
Australia, WA, Carlisle North
Joined Jul 2008
1,202 Posts
Scrtsqrl,

I use a similar remote, What you might want to do is center all trims/sub-trims, make sure all of your controls, Mainly throttle, are not reversed and all sticks centered except for throttle which should be at its lowest position. Oh and return all end points to 100%. If you do this the DOSD should detect radio type, in this case "futaba", during boot-up and set your controls accordingly. Then return everything back to how it was and save to EPPROM. If this doesn't work your best bet is to use PC commander to assign the channels.

Hope this helps

Doug
spitfire_Doug is offline Find More Posts by spitfire_Doug
Old Nov 08, 2010, 09:06 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Mr westie,

You may want to try version 15.1. In it, I've added an option to change the Zero PSI default value. You should change this value until your CAS displays zero for speed when in stationary air. You would typically increment this in small steps until it is barely above zero.

For the rest, PWM now defaults to 1.0ms so it may (or may not) address the ESC issues. Note however, that random attached servos will swing to one extreme (-100%) so you want to be careful about that.

Daniel