HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2010, 12:23 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,619 Posts
Khalid, can you do something for me if you are trying to reprogram... plug in ttl, power on and let it stay there for a few secs then download. If it's still searching for bootloader...then send the unit in.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2010, 12:50 AM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
docphi,

Hmm.... that's not right. The 5V line isn't really connected to anything on the DragonOSD+ side of things. It's really odd that it's happening the way you describe it. Have you made any modifications to the board? eg. connect the 5V as the supply to the OSD?

As for the bad board, you can send it to me. I'll try to get it fixed for you for shipping cost.

Daniel
Nope. No mods to the board at all. I'm stymied.
docphi is offline Find More Posts by docphi
Old Apr 06, 2010, 12:50 AM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Khalid, can you do something for me if you are trying to reprogram... plug in ttl, power on and let it stay there for a few secs then download. If it's still searching for bootloader...then send the unit in.

John
Still searching for the bootloader...
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:22 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,619 Posts
No problem Khalid, we'll look after you and I have one wrapped up and labeled with your name on it for tomorrow.

John
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:23 AM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
No problem Khalid, we'll look after you.

John
No worries. I'm more than happy to pay for another one. It's usually user error when these things fail.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:35 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,619 Posts
Thanks Khalid.... you know that just means I have you in my special list now for something cool to come! I appriciate down to earth folks!

John
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:48 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,286 Posts
thanks for the help. Unfortunately I had tried all the gear travel settings on DX6i. I wonder if spektrum puts out a stream of empty channels which confuses DL?

Most likely scenario: I have done something wrong!

I'll try another radio and I'll see if I can borrow a scope.

Mike
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:46 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
62 Posts
has anyone in Australia received theirs yet.
mine has not yet arrived
GeoffW81 is offline Find More Posts by GeoffW81
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:53 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW81 View Post
mine has not yet arrived
Mine arrived on 29/03/10 to New Zealand
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Apr 06, 2010, 03:19 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW81 View Post
mine has not yet arrived
Hey Geoff,

Yours was sent on March 25th so it should be any time now.

For all those who are waiting.... I usually ship it out as soon as payment status checks out positive and Canada Post trucks usually does a pick up destined to HQ every week day at 5PM my time so I usually get there in time.

John
Old Apr 06, 2010, 03:57 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
I haven't been able to keep up with all the threads lately so am a bit confused. Is the DOSD+ the same as the new small OSD that was being discussed in another thread or is this just an update of the old DOSD?
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Apr 06, 2010, 04:31 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Hi John,

Quick query - where does RSSI display on the screen?? I have about 1.5 volts on the innermost (RSSI) pin and a ground return, but nothing displayed. (no current sensor attached yet if that makes any difference??)

Cheers
Richard
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Apr 06, 2010, 04:44 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
lovegroove,

Yes this is the "New Micro OSD" from the other thread. While it inherits the philosophy and some of the layout of the old DragonOSD, it is a completely different design.

magnetman,

In order for the RSSI to show, you need to do at least two things:-

1. Turn on the RSSI display by setting "G.P. input mode" to either 2 or 3. In mode 2 it displays it as a percentage, and in mode 3 it displays it in dBm. Mode 1 displays temperature if you have an analog temperature sensor connected to the port instead. Generally you would use mode 2. Mode 3 only really works if you happen to have a DragonLink receiver attached.

2. Calibrate the RSSI limits. Under the "Calibration" menu you need to set both "RSSI low value" and "RSSI high value". The way you do this is as follow:-

Connect everything and see that RSSI is being display as a percentage. Now turn off the TX/radio so that your receiver is no longer getting any signal. Note the percentage display and increase or lower the "RSSI low value" accordingly until the display just shows 0%. This will probably jump around abit but you will want to try your best to set it at the threshold. It's not critically important to get it exactly at zero. Obviously you will need to turn the radio back on to make this adjustment. If the percentage is too high with the receiver off, you will need to increase the "RSSI low value". Decrease this value until is starts to show more than 0%.

Next, turn on the radio and bring it near the receiver. Adjust "RSSI high value" until it displays 100% at the threshold. Once you are happy with this, save your settings in the main menu (make sure it says "SAVED").

That should enable and calibrate your RSSI display.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:40 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,286 Posts
tried again with new radio but it won't connect solid ppm to my DL tx.

now this is happening. have i broken my OSD already?
SANY0507.MP4 (0 min 18 sec)
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Last edited by MikeTheCrash; Apr 06, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:54 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
@Daniel and John - A comment and a question:

First, this OSD seems to be a tough little board. The other day when I was testing it in my robot I couldn't get the OSD or camera to work and all the wires to them were getting pretty warm (uh-oh!). To make a long story short (pun intended) I had a short in my waterproof connector which was feeding 48 vdc to the camera and OSD instead of 12v! Ouch! Fortunately I found the problem, fixed it and now everything seems to work fine. I'm really glad (and a bit amazed) I didn't fry everything.

Now a question: My robot has 3 brushless motors/ESC's, the RC receiver, the DOSD+ and camera all drawing power from the same 12 vdc source. When I use 2 or more of the motors at the same time the initial power drain drops the voltage so low that the camera and OSD momentarily shut off (and then back on). So I need to isolate/protect the power to the camera / OSD. I'm thinking of using either a mini 12v battery in parallel to the power source or something like DE's "AnyVolt Micro" . What do you think?
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna