HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2010, 10:55 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by runCMD View Post
Thanks for these comments Van...I'm looking into all of this now and was thinking on a Remzibi/ArduPilot setup but the DOSD+ seems like it might do what I want. I wonder if some in-the-know third party has made a comparison chart for the different OSDs. If I get knowledgeable enough and the time I would like to do that if I don't find one. I'm envisioning things like features, base costs, costs of modules, etc...
Something like this?
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...jg&output=html

I tried the ArduPilot but put that away after failing to get it working.
Thermopiles don't work so well in my area but the IMU was out of stock at the time.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2010, 11:01 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Something like this?
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...jg&output=html

I tried the ArduPilot but put that away after failing to get it working.
Thermopiles don't work so well in my area but the IMU was out of stock at the time.
Oh yeah. Just like that. I copied it over into a local spreadsheet. I'll weed out the EOL ones, and the ones without the features I'd like to narrow down the list. Thanks for the link. I now remember seeing that before...when I got my Remzibi OSD. I just had forgotten all about it.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2010, 11:05 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempo View Post
Need help:

I'm trying to upload a new firmware to Arduimu and after pressing UPLOAD to I/O Board and pressing the reset button , after 10 seconds aprox I receive this message:

Problem uploading to board

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

and the upload stops.

What should I do ?
I tried several times but without succes. Maybe you can spot the mistake in the video:

ardu fail firm upgrade (1 min 42 sec)
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Old Sep 01, 2010, 11:38 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
kempo,

Have you checked if your serial connection is correctly wired?

I've looked at your video and I think you are pressing the reset button too early. You should start pressing that button only when the compile is finished. When you upload, it automatically recompiles everything. Try waiting 10-seconds or so. Maybe it just compiles faster on my quad-core SSD based machine so the timings may be off. The thing is to reset only AFTER you see the "Binary sketch size:" message show up, maybe two or three seconds after it.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Last edited by Daniel Wee; Sep 01, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 12:35 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
kempo,

I've looked at your video and I think you are pressing the reset button too early. You should start pressing that button only when the compile is finished. When you upload, it automatically recompiles everything. Try waiting 10-seconds or so. Maybe it just compiles faster on my quad-core SSD based machine so the timings may be off. The thing is to reset only AFTER you see the "Binary sketch size:" message show up, maybe two or three seconds after it.

Daniel
Daniel,

So after select/click "Upload to I/O Board" I wait the "Binary sketch size:" message to show up and after that, I press once(not continuos) the reset button on the ArduImu board.

After I will solve this I will make a video tutorial with all the steps.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 03:21 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
615 Posts
RacerX208,Daniel ,

Couple of questions:

1. When I'm planning a mission do I need to be connected to internet? I ask this because the mission editor tool uses Google earth.

2. When planning a mission(through mission editor tool)I choose Home Position(HP1), but at the field , after I aquire sattelites there is another Home position(HP2). In waypoint mode the plane will head to HP1 and in normal mode the plane will head to HP2?
Old Sep 02, 2010, 04:36 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
kempo,

1. I believe you do need an Internet connection unless you have the locations/map-tiles already in the Google Earth cache. If it is in the cache, you don't need the Internet, so if you are planning to do this in the field - you may want to pre-load the map-tiles in question.

2. The HP1 is not actually saved. It will use HP2 in the field. You should plan with the thought of WP1, WP2, and so on, rather than HP1.

Daniel
Old Sep 02, 2010, 06:13 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex View Post
You're welcome.

Please note that is the manual for V1 (V2 is similar)
manual V2 coming soon.
RacerX208 is offline Find More Posts by RacerX208
Old Sep 02, 2010, 06:28 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,353 Posts
Quote:
RacerX208,Daniel ,

Couple of questions:

1. When I'm planning a mission do I need to be connected to internet? I ask this because the mission editor tool uses Google earth.
Kempo, currently DOSD Config determines if you have an internet connection or not at runtime. If you don't have a connection, it will notify you and flip to an offline mode, but still allow you to load saved missions to your DOSD+.

Quote:
2. When planning a mission(through mission editor tool)I choose Home Position(HP1), but at the field , after I aquire sattelites there is another Home position(HP2). In waypoint mode the plane will head to HP1 and in normal mode the plane will head to HP2?
Ah, good question! To the DOSD+ , the "Home Position" is actually waypoint 0 (thats why in the mission vid, you see me change the current waypoint from 0 to 1). When your DOSD+ sets home, waypoint 0 is loaded and saved in the DOSD+, so you want to plan on this being your "home point", and plan your mission around waypoint 1,2,3 and so on.

I do have an option in the mission editor to load "home" (waypoint 0), but I would suspect you would have to load the mission in the field after the DOSD+ sets home for this to work as expected.
RacerX208 is offline Find More Posts by RacerX208
Old Sep 02, 2010, 07:10 AM
FPVEEE ED
Quebec, Canada
Joined Jul 2010
293 Posts
Dragon link RSSI and Eagletree OSD Pro ?

Moved !
ecampos is offline Find More Posts by ecampos
Last edited by ecampos; Sep 02, 2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Posted int he wrong topic... sorry...
Old Sep 02, 2010, 10:38 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
615 Posts
Quote:
kempo,

Daniel
Well everything checked and rechecked but the ARDUIMU firmware upgrade didn't work. Same error.
I'm using this converter http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-TTL-Conver...item1e5d19369b

The only thing is that I can't Set RTS On Close as here:
http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot/wiki/LoadingPage

Instead I have this(see image):

Any suggestions?
Old Sep 02, 2010, 11:09 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
kempo,

So you have 3 wires from the PC to the ArduIMU via the USB port. And you are powering the ArduIMU separately yes?

Daniel
Old Sep 02, 2010, 11:15 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
615 Posts
Quote:
kempo,

So you have 3 wires from the PC to the ArduIMU via the USB port. And you are powering the ArduIMU separately yes?

Daniel
Via the usb port I've got 4 wires: TX RX GND 5V. I'm not powering arduimu separately.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 11:19 AM
So Cal FPV Aviator
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Feb 2008
3,575 Posts
Hey guys i guess i still don't understand quite how the gps stabilization works. I mean do you lose all stablization once the plane loses gps signal? How does it know it upside down right side up or anything
EyeFlyPlanes is offline Find More Posts by EyeFlyPlanes
Old Sep 02, 2010, 11:23 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
kempo,

Okay, so the USB 5V is going to the 5V pin on the ArduIMU board? If so, that should work. Maybe you can try swapping the TX and RX connection. Not sure if your USB adapter has any LEDs. Mine has, and when I see a lot of flashing lights on the USB adapter, that is usually when I press the RESET button.

Daniel