HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2010, 01:58 AM
Joined Aug 2008
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
really ?! is there an audio vario built-in ?! GPS based, I guess...
Audio vario output is build in but I think it needs external device like GPS or pressure sensor to work.
tty044 is offline Find More Posts by tty044
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:32 AM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
I'm expecting more to show up in peoples doors worldwide this week and the next....
John
Got mine today, thanks to all involved.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Old Mar 31, 2010, 03:03 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,619 Posts
WOW That was fast!!! Even to Australia via standard mail!!!
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 31, 2010, 03:15 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Renatoa,

The audio output is used for audible alerts/warnings (such as low voltage) as well as for variometer if enabled. The vario will use the best altitude available, be it GPS or a barometric pressure sensor which you can attach.

tty044,

Do you have any other GPS to try? I will try to see why it is acting up.

Can you post a photo of your setup. You mentioned that you were using the GlobalTop GPS module - is this the pre-assembled board or are you using the module directly. If so, have you connected anything to the "enable" line of the module?

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Mar 31, 2010, 03:56 AM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Tell me about it!! i wasn't expecting it for another week or so .
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Old Mar 31, 2010, 04:27 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
ArduIMU+ V2

I have got ArduIMU interfaced with the DragonOSD+ and working. I wonder if any of the current DragonOSD+ users also happen to have the ArduIMU+ V2? If you'd like to give this a test, let me know. I am going to integrate auto-stabilization into this thing once I decide on how that will work out. You will need a special version of code for the IMU though.

https://store.diydrones.com/ProductD...=KT-ArduIMU-20

Daniel
Last edited by Daniel Wee; Mar 31, 2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:34 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,612 Posts
Quote:
No sign from post office yet in Romania
Is there any sub-standard mail ?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:48 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
I have got ArduIMU interfaced with the DragonOSD+ and working. I wonder if any of the current DragonOSD+ users also happen to have the ArduIMU+ V2? If you'd like to give this a test, let me know. I am going to integrate auto-stabilization into this thing once I decide on how that will work out. You will need a special version of code for the IMU though.

https://store.diydrones.com/ProductD...=KT-ArduIMU-20

Daniel
if i was to get the Triple Axis Magnetometer as an add on would that work as well?
GeoffW81 is offline Find More Posts by GeoffW81
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:29 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,293 Posts
My OSD was at home waiting for me in London 5 days after I ordered it by mobile phone!

Anyway can I ask a couple of questions. I'm still waiting for GPS, connectors and wires to arrive so I can hook the little fellow up, I'm wondering about autopilot throttle. DOSD doesn't control throttle, so you have to set a suitable throttle position as failsafe, right? This means on radio-off or out of range your motors will spring to life? something to get used to! watch out, fingers!!

And your Tsebi Projects forum says that if you have DL too that you don't need to connect ANY of your control servos to the DOSD - does the OSD autopilot adjust the PPM and send it back to the DL without me having to change any settings?

thanks

Mike
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:36 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
GeoffW81,

If you mean adding the magnetometer to the ArduIMU+ V2, I think it should improve the IMU performance. Unfortunately, I do have have verified data on this as yet. If, however, you mean adding the magnetometer as a sensor to the OSD directly - this is currently unsupported. You can however add the magnetic compass (which is basically a 3-axis magnetometer with tilt-compensation). I don't know that magnetometers work very well as standalone navigation aids.

MikeTheCrash,

No, the OSD will translate the PPM stream into servo channels on two of the servo outputs. This means that the OSD can take any two channels and control servos directly (servos plug into the OSD board). This would typically be Rudder and Elevator, or Aileron and Elevator, or in some cases, Aileron1 and Aielron2. You could even have Aileron and Throttle. Unfortunately, I have not written the throttle management code as yet, although the throttle assignment already works.

Daniel

p.s. I think with the IMU integration, this makes the DragonOSD+ the first OSD to properly support inertial inputs. The older DragonOSD had it but it was only as a prototype.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:49 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,293 Posts
Thanks for the lighning-fast reply Daniel!

and another one... I have a Range Video video TX with built-in mic. I think I can see where the "line level" input connects to the mic via a resistor and capacitor (electronic stuff) so should I connect the DOSD audio to the mic terminal or the "line level" stage (if indeed that is what it is). I'll post a pic in a minute.

red wires run from inside Lawmate transmitter, via square patch of metal, resitor and capacitor to red and black wires to mic
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:55 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
Wait a minute, does this DOSD+ also have an autopilot built into it? If so now I'm completely floored. Would I be able to auto steer to a compass heading? I would just need to turn left / right using the compass's heading. How do you tell the autopilot what heading to steer to?
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:56 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigkahuna View Post
Wait a minute, does this DOSD+ also have an autopilot built into it? If so now I'm completely floored. Would I be able to auto steer to a compass heading? I would just need to turn left / right using the compass's heading. How do you tell the autopilot what heading to steer to?
Return to home only at the moment...
Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:01 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
MikeTheCrash,

The audio line can be tapped onto the existing microphone/audio line. Ie. just connect it to the white wire. It's okay that the wire is already connected to the microphone as the audio output has pretty high impedance and a low signla level.

gobigkahuna,

Yes, it will be able to steer the plane. In your case, however, as you have no GPS position, this won't work since the autopilot is based on the GPS. However, now that the ArduIMU is working - I forsee that the vehicle can be made to hold a heading based on the IMU attitude output and the compass heading.

Daniel
Old Mar 31, 2010, 07:07 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,072 Posts
So the ArduIMU+ V2 is the imu unit we will be using and the one I should buy or is there a possibility of a different imu hardware in the future?
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72