Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:20 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
magnetman,

Yes, that is correct - you can assign the last two channels to some internal function if you so wish. That's actually a good find - 6-channel receiver with full 8-channel PPM - some people may thank you for that (quadrocopter crowd).

MikeTheCrash,

It's not that we don't want to do it - we just have no money to sink into buying GPS'es and sensors.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:58 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Y View Post
You are correct, mine came this morning

Thanks John.
You are welcome! I always have OSDs with me and ready for the package to be sealed up and off to the post office. Knowing the time when the trucks come into the main post office branch helps as well. Always try to get there in time so no one has to wait too long for their OSD.
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:14 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Daniel,

Yes- don't forget that the extra channels are from the TX - you could use a 4 channel RX and still receive the 8 channel stream from that particular TX. (I'm using the 6 channel RX because it has quite a sensitive front end (0.7 microvolt)). I will have to dig into the JR TX and find out where to tap into these extra channels - unless some kind person from Macgregor industries could help??

Regards

Richard
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:24 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Barok,

looking at a the PPZ pic, you will note that the wire is taken from pin 10 (&2) of the PIC chip -(dot is pin 1) this is a coincidence because these are the same two pins used for the MZK SEXTA (see my post). My guess is that they are using the same chip?? So, if you can confirm with a scope, all you have to do is check on you berg on the same two pins.
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Mar 30, 2010, 05:37 AM
Istanbul/Turkey
Joined May 2008
1,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Melih,

I'm not sure I follow your argument. There is no benefit is using negative coefficient sensors if a proper positive one is available. In this case the ACS755 would have worked much better than the ACS754. Besides being positive coefficient, it is also more sensitive - 60mV/A and will give you better sensitivity. On top of that, it's dynamic range will be from 0.6V to 5V whereas the ACS754 in negative mode, you can get 2.5V at the most. You sacrificed dynamic range by using an AC sensor for a DC application. There is no particular advantage I can see in doing this.

I can accept that it is possible to use negative coefficient sensors but to argue that it is a better (or even a normal) approach compared to a properly chosen positive coefficient sensor, I think is just wrong. I suppose we can debate this till kingdom come but that's just my opinion.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

No problem, bidirectional sensors(as ACS754) not usefull for all designs but giving much more possibilities. Allegro finished the production of ACS755 on few months before and only supporting bidirectional ones.

Anyway i dont like the Allegro because they have stock problem everytime, and delays killing me. this is why i designed a shunt type current sensor too for my projects

Weight is only 1gr, price will around 10-12$ i just waiting for chips to production. Voltage output will very flat 50mV/A , i hope you will like it
MelihK is offline Find More Posts by MelihK
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2010, 07:57 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Melih,

Yeah - now THAT's more like it. Do you have a link to it? I will link to it from my manual pages.

Daniel
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:59 AM
Istanbul/Turkey
Joined May 2008
1,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Melih,

Yeah - now THAT's more like it. Do you have a link to it? I will link to it from my manual pages.

Daniel
Sorry i dont have a link, because it's already on test phase. I will release it after finished the tests and received chips for production.(now i have only 10 unit for testing)
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:38 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Cool, if you make those - I will direct our customers to you to get both GPS and current sensor. That's a good price you have there.

Daniel
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:41 AM
Istanbul/Turkey
Joined May 2008
1,364 Posts
Thanks, i will inform you when it's on stock.

PS: about GPS, are DragonOSD using MTK commands for switching GPS to 115.000 baud and 10Hz mode? or just using default 9600 baud 1hz value?

Melih
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:26 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
The OSD will auto-detect the baud rate and GPS type so it doesn't really matter. It current supports the MTK, U-Blox, Venus and SiRF chipsets although I've not tested the SiRF one yet.

Daniel
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:07 PM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
My DOSD+ arrived today, thanks John! Ordered it last Friday and arrived on the East Coast in 3 business days, pretty darn fast! The compass is scheduled to arrive Friday so I hope to hook things up this weekend.
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:52 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Barok,

looking at a the PPZ pic, you will note that the wire is taken from pin 10 (&2) of the PIC chip -(dot is pin 1) this is a coincidence because these are the same two pins used for the MZK SEXTA (see my post). My guess is that they are using the same chip?? So, if you can confirm with a scope, all you have to do is check on you berg on the same two pins.
thank you magnetman..
the problem is i do not have such scope or access to one, was hoping someone use the same berg7 rx.. just can point out where this ppm..or the rssi
barok is online now Find More Posts by barok
Last edited by barok; Mar 30, 2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:51 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,147 Posts
I flew with the Dragon OSD over the weekend, testing many of the features. The video will be posted soon, you guys are going to love this OSD and the way it works

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:51 PM
Joined Aug 2008
367 Posts
I got mine - thank you!
Got one problem with GPS - I have FGPMMOPA6 (MTK) after connecting there are lines:
Activity detected on GPS port
Attempting to configure GPS module...
GPS default baudrate:9650
GPS is type MTK

And is resetting all over

Firmware is 4.0

Please help
Michal
tty044 is offline Find More Posts by tty044
Old Mar 30, 2010, 04:58 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Try one of the newer firmwares and see if is better.

Also, make sure that the GPS will run off 3.3V.

Daniel
Last edited by Daniel Wee; Mar 30, 2010 at 05:50 PM.