SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 15, 2010, 02:30 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Thanks guys!
It was VERY windy. Never flown in that sort of muck before.. so that was my first issue. I was so keen to do it though...

My first launch was a catasprophy! Plane was badly out of control... ended up ditching it, but belly first.. around 180 meters away! That's when my wife told me that I should get a golf cart to fetch my plane! I banged my Tx against her head and went and fetched the plane.

But that's when I thought it was maybe my GPS Stablisation that was causing the issue. It just didn't want to listen to me...

But .. GPS was set to 0, and although I had a gain switch to to it... because the value in the menu was 0, I think that means it was off, no matter where the gain switch was.

Next flight was as bad, but less of a crash, although, I ripped an inch off the tip of my horizontal stabiliser. Ah, the perels of a test pilot...

Next flight, was more successful on my part. Got her up... and then flicked the switch. And that's when it went into a right hand spiral dive! Landed, and noticed I had PPM1 set to Rudder, and PPM2 to Elevator! So, I changed PPM1 to ailerons.

Launched, and again, a right hand spiral... Tried a few times.. It seemed better, but always went right, and spiral...

So, I landed, and reversed the ailerons. This time, I did what you saw. Right hand turn... pitching a lot... but it was trying to work. Now, it may be I should re-reverse my ailerons... because I can't remember if I changed that before, or after I changed the Rudder/Aileron setting...

The wind is supposed to be dead calm on the weekend, so that will be the next available test. This time, I WILL check the recorder. Man, I flew through a bunch of white parrots which were freaking out and checking the plane.. The NOISE they made was amazing.

Did I mention, I broke my record at height! Man, I hit over 200 meters up!! Only noticed when I made the video... It wasn't intentional... Things were happening so fast... and I was down wind, so being blown away... Took ages to get back, and down!

So.. will reduce ROCstepgain to Zero... (Does that stop the pitching?) Or should I just reduce it by 0.5?

As Daniel 'Eagle Eye' Wee spotted, I went to Menu by mistake when trying to find Autopilot... so I have attached my current settings, as they are during the flight, and now.. sitting in my plane room... Any advice would be great.

I really did enjoy the testing... but I think I'll need a new plane soon!

I'd like to get a pitot tube... I prefer airspeed. Are there options available?
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2010, 02:31 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Cralis,

This is my v10.5 setup

DOSD+ v10.5 autopilot setup (0 min 21 sec)

Did you reversed your servo directions from your transmitter? In my transmitter menu the servo directions are default, I only changed from the osd menu their directions.

Mark is right, first of all rocstepgain should be 0 to see if the autopilot is turning in the good direction. After that , if the turning is good you should give rocstep gain a bigger than 0 value and see what is happening.

Edited: v10.6 is working with 0.2.0 Beta PC Commander? I tried and the pc commander freeze at Downloadind parameters(or something like that).
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Last edited by kempo; Jul 15, 2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:01 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempo View Post
Cralis,

Edited: v10.6 is working with 0.2.0 Beta PC Commander? I tried and the pc commander freeze at Downloadind parameters(or something like that).

I have V10.6 and 0.2.0 commander, it worked fine for me and I was able to restore all my values from the previous iinstallation, the only problem was that Commander seemed to lose comms with the DOSD on occasions and had to be rebooted, apart from that it seems good
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:07 AM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Can you guys maybe send me your debug.txt files?
Maybe upload them, and I'll grab them here?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:50 AM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Would this somehow magically work with the DOSD+?
http://store.diydrones.com/product_p/br-0004-03.htm

It mentions 'Analogue' though, and seems to only have 3 pins.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 04:16 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Daniel this ArduPilot Mega IMU (http://store.diydrones.com/product_p/br-0012-01.htm) could replace ArduIMU+ V2 (http://store.diydrones.com/product_p/kt-arduimu-20.htm) + Pressure Sensor (http://store.diydrones.com/product_p...1000d11-01.htm)
+ a temperature sensor ?

Do you recommend it ? I want to buy one (soon I hope).
Old Jul 15, 2010, 05:10 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Cralis,

No, that sensor won't work.

kempo,

The Mega IMU is not supported (yet) but can probably be made to work. That is a separate programming project though. If someone is up to it, I'd be willing to guide them. Likewise with building a better IMU.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Jul 15, 2010, 05:12 AM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
AH.. is there an air speed sensor I can use that will work?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 05:13 AM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Just downloaded the GPS data from my plane... Nam, I got high, and fast! Looks like a cool roller coaster!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 06:02 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,444 Posts
Update on GPS issue

Daniel - updated to latest new load and it's working fine. Sattellite bars are now pretty well in sync with the number of sattellites listed at top. And less than a minute to a fix.
Not carried out a full flight test due to weather, but it's functioning like I expect now.

Thanks again -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Shikra,

Btw, let me explain the GPS display a bit more. All those bars that you see represents satellites that the GPS is seeing. However, just because it sees them does not necessarily mean that they can be used. This could be due to interference, multipathing, and so on. Usually though, if it sees that many satellites, it will use them. You can see the number of satellites in use at the top where it says "SATS". That number tells you the actually usable satellites, which in your case still says "0".

The best step forward at this point is just to try the new firmware and see how that goes.

Daniel
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:58 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Can you guys maybe send me your debug.txt files?
Maybe upload them, and I'll grab them here?
Cralis here you have the debug file and a capture screen.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:47 PM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Thanks Kempo.

I have uploaded a new version, with a few updates as well as extra error checking around this area.

Could you grab it here, and tell me what happens now?

Note: I haven't done a fix... I am just wanting to see what the error is.

Daniel, is there an Airspeed sensor I can get? When in a dive, I'd like to see my speed... as well as when there's wind. Air speed is more important to me than ground speed.
Last edited by Cralis; Jul 15, 2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:46 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Thanks Kempo.

I have uploaded a new version, with a few updates as well as extra error checking around this area.

Could you grab it here, and tell me what happens now?

Note: I haven't done a fix... I am just wanting to see what the error is.

Daniel, is there an Airspeed sensor I can get? When in a dive, I'd like to see my speed... as well as when there's wind. Air speed is more important to me than ground speed.
The debug file:
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:15 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Aug 2009
2,058 Posts
Anyone who is looking to sell a DragonOSD+. . .

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post15554444
kyle7119 is offline Find More Posts by kyle7119
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:31 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Aug 2009
2,058 Posts
Has there been any hardware changes to DOSD+ since the early versions or has everything been updated through firmware?
kyle7119 is offline Find More Posts by kyle7119