HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2010, 02:17 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
kempo & mark,

Here's something that I've been wondering about - what will happen if the plane was upside down when the stabilizer or autopilot was active. This will be a bit tricky to test and you will need good altitude but it would be interesting, I think.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2010, 04:08 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
and no boys... no beers before the test flight or I'll I send one of my girls to slap your hands.
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Jul 06, 2010, 04:22 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
kempo & mark,

Here's something that I've been wondering about - what will happen if the plane was upside down when the stabilizer or autopilot was active. This will be a bit tricky to test and you will need good altitude but it would be interesting, I think.

Daniel
It sounds like a crash .

I should reverse the plane and after that activate the autopilot or while the autopilot is active to reverse the plane manually ?

Please place your bets:it will work or it will kiss mother earth ?

For sure this it's not going to work simply because with the plane reversed the autopilot will steer to the wrong direction(plane reversed) and then we will see death spiral with the plane reversed(best case scenario).

Edited: MAYBE it will work with gps stabilisation.
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Old Jul 06, 2010, 05:17 AM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,659 Posts
I might give it a try next time - my DOSD+ AP flys my plane better than i do so im sure it can handle an inverted flight.

:-)
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2010, 11:49 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
kempo,

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I fixed a couple of circling bugs in 10.4 but they are not related to your issue. Any chance you can test it again to see if this is repeatable. Ie. test it in VISIT mode first, make sure it works. Then in CIRCLE mode. Then VISIT again. If it's repeatable, I'll be able to fix it.

Daniel
Daniel, today I've tested for over 45 minutes. The problem didn't appear. I've chnged (in flight) between WP-visit to WP-circle and then to WP-visit,WP-circle WP-visit WP-circle many many times without any problem , the plane is returning home.

Maybe yesterday the battery was too weak (I must connect a current sensor-this way the tests should be more relevant)and the plane hasn't enough force to turn around. (the weaker is the battery , the less impact has the command surfaces over the flight).

I can say after several hours of playing with dosd+ that a succesful RTH is about weather conditions,trottle, turning(rotstep/aprot/rotlimit). If you have enough power on your battery there are no problems RTH work almost in any condition.
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Old Jul 06, 2010, 12:01 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,464 Posts
what do "visit" and "next" do? thanks
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jul 06, 2010, 12:10 PM
Joined Apr 2004
1,354 Posts
Visit - upon reaching the waypoint when set to visit the aircraft should return home.

Next - upon reaching the waypoint when set to "next" the aircraft shoud proceed to the next waypoint.
RacerX208 is offline Find More Posts by RacerX208
Old Jul 06, 2010, 12:14 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,464 Posts
Thanks RacerX208. So do you activate waypoint navigation by switching on autopilot or by selecting "next" for the first in the list?

thanks!
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jul 06, 2010, 05:58 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Guys, 0.1.7 Beta of the OSD+ PC Commander is now available.
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic...3&p=1019#p1019

A vew small fixes, but the thing I am using is the RSS to see what's up with the firmware updates. If there's a new version, click the blue title lable, and yoiu're taken direct to the download.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Jul 06, 2010, 06:45 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
3,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Guys, 0.1.7 Beta of the OSD+ PC Commander is now available.
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic...3&p=1019#p1019

A vew small fixes, but the thing I am using is the RSS to see what's up with the firmware updates. If there's a new version, click the blue title lable, and yoiu're taken direct to the download.
you are a busy lil' bee, Craig!
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Jul 07, 2010, 10:23 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
To those who are planning to email/PM me in regards to Dragon Lab products/customer support over the weekend, I will be away with family therefore will not be available to reply.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Jul 07, 2010, 06:03 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Aug 2009
2,058 Posts
How configurable is the DragonOSD screen? Could I make it display the altitude with only the numbers instead of it being displayed in that little box? Also, can I move the text to anywhere on the screen?
kyle7119 is offline Find More Posts by kyle7119
Old Jul 07, 2010, 06:09 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Joined Mar 2010
1,659 Posts
Yes you can remove the altitude ladder.

You can also move the text but it sort of moves as a whole, so you are able to position the whole screen not individual text items.
badlands is offline Find More Posts by badlands
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2010, 08:14 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
kyle7119,

You can turn off most of the displayed items if you don't want them. You also have other screen display options that you can use. You cannot arbitrarily move them around though.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Jul 07, 2010, 08:15 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Guys, there was an issue with 0.1.7B of the PC Commander, and versions of the firmware prior to 10.5. This has been resolved. 0.1.8B is now available, and it would be best to get if, whether or not you're on the latest firmware. But if you're on an older firmware, and running 0.1.7B, you will get errors.

Sorry about that guys. My mistake. My wife has a whip out now to punish me.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis