HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:11 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
I leave a short servo extension hanging out of the DOSD so I dont have to remove the dosd from the lane (usually buried deep) I simply have to find the extension that I strategically place for easy access. I then connect the usb-ttl to this extension.
me too. can plug in PC or dragon commander dongle
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:12 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
I leave a short servo extension hanging out of the DOSD so I dont have to remove the dosd from the lane (usually buried deep) I simply have to find the extension that I strategically place for easy access. I then connect the usb-ttl to this extension.
ahhh yes!! this is a very good idea!! The The TTL i got of Van is set up with the servo plug..perfect!

cheers
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Aug 2008
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
make sure that in 9x you have enabled up to 10 channel output, and that you have re-bound the DL Rx if you have increased the channel count

If you go into OSD mode 3(?) you can see all the channels and their values on screen
I changed the OSD mode to 3 and the RHS column of data shows that the DOSD sees 8 channels and lists their outputs.

In the 9X menus both 'mixers' and 'limits' list 16 channels so I assumed that this is the number of receiver channels supported.

I have been through a couple of versions of the Er9x manual and can find nothing about changing the number of output channels. Isn't this fixed by the firmware?
Mehari is offline Find More Posts by Mehari
Last edited by Mehari; Mar 02, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:49 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehari View Post
I changed the OSD mode to 3 and the RHS column of data shows that the DOSD sees 8 channels and lists their outputs.

In the 9X menus both 'mixers' and 'limits' list 16 channels so I assumed that this is the number of receiver channels supported.

I have been through a couple of versions of the Er9x manual and can find nothing about changing the number of output channels. Isn't this fixed by the firmware?
you mean this?

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1362286131695.jpg
Views: 71
Size: 45.3 KB
Description:
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:08 PM
Joined Aug 2008
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
you mean this?

Attachment 5581309
Got it!

Thanks gents. All working now. Always someone watching this forum with the right answers!
Mehari is offline Find More Posts by Mehari
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:20 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
If someone has a picture of the USB cable hooked to the OSD would be great.
But I'm pretty sure it goes in the same spot as the Dragon Commander and if so I have it connected correctly and don't know why I'm getting a connection failed error.
The cable was only used a few times when new so I know it should be working.
This did work before? (TTL) If yes then nothing was changed? Example TTL TX to OSD TX, TTL RX to OSD RX and Ground. No power from TTL to OSD conected right? Also the comm port was selected correctly on the PC end and drivers installed? Just trying to cover as much grounds here.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:35 AM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
I haven't found if I can use a 4s as the main battery & still not use an external battery to power my vtx? Can this be done, does the DOSD have a regulator to drop the voltage down to 12v ?

Thanks Marc.
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:50 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Still having issues with my Dragon Commander

For some reason I can't get the USB cable working. The program keeps saying connection failed. And it's connected correctly too.

I pretty much always use the Dragon Commander to change features and it works perfect.

I recently got a Dragon Link and now I need to adjust the RSSI.
It gets 100% when the TX is on and 0% when turned off but how do I know what to adjust the numbers to.

For instance in the high RSSI setting I can set anywhere from 1.02 all the to 3.3 which is the max setting and it says 100%.
If I set it to 1.0 I get 0%.

I don't know if I should leave it at 3.3 or 1.01. I want the RSSI percentage to immediately start going down at the first sign of less signal.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Last edited by jasper7821; Mar 03, 2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:41 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixturethis View Post
I haven't found if I can use a 4s as the main battery & still not use an external battery to power my vtx? Can this be done, does the DOSD have a regulator to drop the voltage down to 12v ?

Thanks Marc.
4S is really pushing it to power the DOSD. Yes, there is a voltage regulator on the board. Yes it will get hot when having to step down the voltage from a 4S battery. So, from what I recall, a 4S is the absolute maximum to power the DOSD, but not really recommended.

edit: From page 75 of the DOSD Manual:
The DOSD+ has an on-board switching power supply that is very efficient and heavily filtered so as to prevent the possibility of supply noise getting in or out of the lines. Being a switching power supply means that the regulator will stay cool all the time, without wasting power in heat dissipation, thus extending your battery life. It also allows for a wide range of power supply voltage to be used - from about 4.6V up to 20V (although we do not recommend using more than about 16V).

I'd add in that it is not recommended to use a <5v source to power the DOSD either. This if very close to the minimum voltage to operate and a voltage dip could result in a in-flight reset...not good to do while in flight.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Mar 03, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:31 AM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Thanks, I knew you would be the one with the answer. I'm only using my DOSD for the OSD not for A/P. it's for a quad.

Marc
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:49 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,366 Posts
nice to see the other OSD mode in use!

L-39 RC FPV (2 min 2 sec)
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:31 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
nice to see the other OSD mode in use!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POlpZdcJipg
Well I couldn't figure out what the AHI was doing...but 100+ amps...WOW...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:12 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
hmmm... I want an AHI... Ill have to work on that... need a way to pull data from some of the multirotor stuff... Id love to see my CopterController's IMU put to use for AHI...

On another note:
Dragon - A dragon is a legendary creature, typically with serpentine or reptilian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures.

DragonTracks - A Legendary device, may or may not exist, with every FPVer's dream of equipment. Supposedly has been spotted in the most northern territories of North America.
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:50 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
hmmm... I want an AHI... Ill have to work on that... need a way to pull data from some of the multirotor stuff... Id love to see my CopterController's IMU put to use for AHI...

On another note:
Dragon - A dragon is a legendary creature, typically with serpentine or reptilian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures.

DragonTracks - A Legendary device, may or may not exist, with every FPVer's dream of equipment. Supposedly has been spotted in the most northern territories of North America.
But there again so has Bigfoot...
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Hello guys,

I've been reading the manual of the DOSD and I have some questions:

1.- As I understand, if I power the DOSD through the current sensor or by the power pins,either of the two ways I won't get power for the servos, right?, If so, I read that I could power them from the ppm line that will come from the Dragonlink to the DOSD or to power them from one of the PWM's right?

2.- I'm waiting for the USB-TTL coverter for programming the board, do you recommend me to wait for the cable for the first run, or can I start up without the coverter?. I'm eager to start

Thanks,

Juan
Juanp is online now Find More Posts by Juanp