Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:42 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
2MacGyver
pop 2 of the 3 crimps out of the servo plug(both ends) use the white/ orange one if you like to be colour coordinated with signal ;0)

run it to the RSSI pin on the DOSD(inner most pin), then to the RSSI on the DL RX, Top signal pin on the sma antenna connector side.

MikeTheCrash
thats great news, i was wondering if when I'm connecting my CS to get my flight pack voltage displayed, i can plug in a 3s batt which is powering my VTX/cam and see its voltage in the top left where (if using the jumper) would of been the duplicated of the flight v(which i have tuned off.
For some reason i was under the impression, the jumper had to be placed if using the CS and pluging in another power suply would of let the dragon smokeout..
FWIW I don't think the jst is a suitable plug for DOSD power, I find them to be a bit loose on header pins. They are designed to mate with male jst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
anyone know if the promo price ($159) if bought with DragonLink still valid?
dosd is now only 139USD everywhere anyway!
if you are asking about the price of a complete kit from Mike (jettpilot), he has (had?) stock of the older v2 (smaller logging memory) he was selling off but check on the DL thread
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:03 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,288 Posts
oh ok at least foxtechfpv still selling them at 215$ i'll ask in dl thread then thanks
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:27 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
dosd is now only 139USD everywhere anyway!
Just to verify....I think the $139 price is the DOSD by itself, not DOSD + Current Sensor + GPS...which is how most people probably get them.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:51 AM
MultiFreak
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2012
384 Posts
Guys,

I have been enjoying dragonosd on my fpv quad. I have a question for you. I fly 1/2 FPV, 1/2 LOS and when I fly LOS, I use quanum telemetry to tell how much battery I have left. Is there a way to use the same current sensor for both dragonosd and for quanum? Having 2 of these resistors on a high-amp-draw system is really gonna bring down the efficiency. I believe dragonosd uses a 0.05Ohm(?) resistor? If the quanum uses the same, can we parallel 2 3-pin the feed into the dragonosd and quanum?
hththt is offline Find More Posts by hththt
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:54 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hththt View Post
Guys,

I have been enjoying dragonosd on my fpv quad. I have a question for you. I fly 1/2 FPV, 1/2 LOS and when I fly LOS, I use quanum telemetry to tell how much battery I have left. Is there a way to use the same current sensor for both dragonosd and for quanum? Having 2 of these resistors on a high-amp-draw system is really gonna bring down the efficiency. I believe dragonosd uses a 0.05Ohm(?) resistor? If the quanum uses the same, can we parallel 2 3-pin the feed into the dragonosd and quanum?
Yes...
I do the same thing on my FrSky system... Works great! Just watch for ground loops and such...

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:24 PM
MultiFreak
Joined Jan 2012
384 Posts
Great. Thanks!

One more question. The sensor itself can withstand 80A. What do i do if i want to pump more than 80A through? Possibly 200A at peak. Is there a current sensor for that? Not sure what the current sensor is outputing on those 3 pins
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quote:
Great. Thanks!

One more question. The sensor itself can withstand 80A. What do i do if i want to pump more than 80A through? Possibly 200A at peak. Is there a current sensor for that? Not sure what the current sensor is outputing on those 3 pins
200A ?... What are you flying? The space shuttle?
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:15 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Great. Thanks!

you might be better off with some hall effect sensor around the ESC cable. I think the input to DOSD needs to be 0-3v, then you calibrate DOSD to read 200A at 3v

something like this perhaps http://files.panucatt.com/datasheets..._datasheet.pdf will output 1.2V at 200A current and can be fed by the 3.3V pin on the current sensor header.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:32 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,568 Posts
Thanks, maybe it just my JST's but there nice snug...dewly noted, i could easily make one from a servo lead etc.
Cheers

Quote:
FWIW I don't think the jst is a suitable plug for DOSD power, I find them to be a bit loose on header pins. They are designed to mate with male jst.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:17 PM
MultiFreak
Joined Jan 2012
384 Posts
Quote:
you might be better off with some hall effect sensor around the ESC cable. I think the input to DOSD needs to be 0-3v, then you calibrate DOSD to read 200A at 3v

something like this perhaps http://files.panucatt.com/datasheets..._datasheet.pdf will output 1.2V at 200A current and can be fed by the 3.3V pin on the current sensor header.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for the 0-3v info. I assume that this is linear? Say 50A will output 1V, 150A will output 3V? I didn't know a hall effect sensor can be used. This is clearly better than the shunt resistor
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:19 PM
MultiFreak
Joined Jan 2012
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
200A ?... What are you flying? The space shuttle?
Thinking of putting dragonosd on my big octo. 85A @ hover. 275A @ full throttle and yes it shoots up like a space shuttle at max throttle
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:04 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for the 0-3v info. I assume that this is linear? Say 50A will output 1V, 150A will output 3V? I didn't know a hall effect sensor can be used. This is clearly better than the shunt resistor
I believe that is correct however I don't know if anyone has done this. It is worth asking JMSTech to check the specs with Mr.Wee. I know the RSSI works on 0-3v and it's reasonable to assume the other sensor is similar. Also I do not know if DOSD is capable of displaying numbers this high. Have a play and see how high you can get the numbers by over-calibrating.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Can the DOSD AP handle delta wings? I'm looking at purchasing the X8 and want to use my DOSD on it.
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:57 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Can the DOSD AP handle delta wings? I'm looking at purchasing the X8 and want to use my DOSD on it.
yes. your radio supplies ail/ele info as normal, DOSD does the mixing.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:27 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra
Joined Jul 2011
505 Posts
Dragon OSD+RC in separate circuit

Motor Explosion at 850m, gliding manual RTH - Flown with Dragon Link (4 min 39 sec)

In this video I noticed motor melting at 880m high.
The things that were in my mind were:
- I only have 1 opportunity to land and I cannot miss it.
- The spotter saw white smoke so I may have problems with motor, battery or ESC.
- I was afraid of a mid air fire so I keep giving inputs in flight controls to see if they were working.
- When I gave a little throttle I heard in microphone and saw in camera noise and vibrations, and spotter saw more smoke, so I concluded that I have battery (also voltage reading in Dragon OSD), ESC was responding and motor was dead.

I blessed the day I decided to go on opto ESC and separated the motor circuit and its independent battery
flyboygaac is offline Find More Posts by flyboygaac