Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:28 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,820 Posts
Hmmm... I think I have exhausted all means that I know how to do to try to get my logs off the DOSD...

I still have a 50 min flight that I cant download... It just errors out :/ I really wanted to see my overall distance traveled...

I was able to download the other shorter log, but the long flight does not even show up.

Is there a way through command prompt to get the data? I can see it is still there because it errors when trying to extract it, like it doesnt allow that much time for download of a single file.

I would love to get my logs from my flights, but if it cant get the 50 min log, I dont think ill be bale to use this feature... Im shooting for 90min flights to start...

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:50 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,110 Posts
There is a command to D/L the tracking data...it's in the manual...don't ask me how to use it though. I've never done a 50 minute flight and rarely look at my tracks anyway. I have had files that got corrupted and ended up just clearing the memory to get rid of them. I know that doesn't help much...but maybe you'll have some luck with the command line stuff...
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
There is a command to D/L the tracking data...it's in the manual...don't ask me how to use it though. I've never done a 50 minute flight and rarely look at my tracks anyway. I have had files that got corrupted and ended up just clearing the memory to get rid of them. I know that doesn't help much...but maybe you'll have some luck with the command line stuff...
Cool... I must have overlooked it... Ill try that before I clear it.

**UPDATE**
I got the commands to somewhat work...

>SHOWLOGS
log 0 -16:20:20 (1s) - 1756 recs
log 1 - 22:17:59 (1s) - 2909 recs
log 2 - 03:13:34 (1s) - 178 recs
log 3 - 06:19:24 (1s) - 31 recs

When I try to "DUMP" the log it get syntax error

>DUMP 1
Syntax error

What do I need to do here?

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chanyote66; Dec 08, 2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:48 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,820 Posts
Ok, looking back through the thread apparently the DUMP command does not work???

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
a) Yes, the AP gains are adjustable. They're the APROCStep Gain and APROT Step Gain...in the manual.
b) You are correct. there's two stabilization gains...one for GPS and one for IMU. If you set the auto-stab gain without an IMU installed then nothing's going to happen. The stabilization gains (when >0) turns on stabilization all the time. You may find the plane tries to fight your control inputs a little when stab. gain is active as it sees the attitude change and will work to correct. Your stick inputs still take more authority though.
Thanks so much Van. Just a final question regarding throttle step. The default is set to zero and I am wondering what would be a good number to start off on? I have selected the option where the DOSD controls my throttle when in AP mode... but am not sure what value I should assign to throttle step. What would be a good ball park figure to start off on? (my plane is a bixler)

Thanks again
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
889 Posts
KK2 board and DOSD

Hi,
Am hoping that someone here has had experience with this board and DOSD.

I have ordered a new KK2 board and was planning to use it with my DL and DOSD. I am thinking that running the output R,E,A from the Dose into the KK2 and its output to the servos.
One issue is that the KK2 sorta needs to use the 3 way switch , I read, on the latest software. How then are you able to control the Dosd AP and menu functions which also use this switch?

Thanks for any advice,

Tom
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Hi,

I have ordered a new KK2 board and was planning to use it with my DL and DOSD. I am thinking that running the output R,E,A from the Dose into the KK2 and its output to the servos.
One issue is that the KK2 sorta needs to use the 3 way switch , I read, on the latest software. How then are you able to control the Dosd AP and menu functions which also use this switch?

Thanks for any advice,

Tom
You can set up the DOSD menu selection with a two way switch. No autopilot when RTH is selected for a multi, if your using the board for a multi that is.

"servos" must mean for flight stab on a fixed wing. I was thinking multis when you mentioned KK2.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Last edited by Buffythesaint; Dec 08, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:18 AM
Air Crash Expert
Louisiana
Joined Oct 2005
1,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom3holer View Post
Hi,

Thanks for any advice,

Tom
You could use another channel and bypass the DOSD. Could use a knob/pot instead , but if you want it to be a 3-way switch, you'll have to mod one of the switches on your transmitter.
Kinda what I'm planning using a 9X radio with DragonLink. I don't mind hacking in another 3-way switch and channel assignments are super flexible.

ETA: Failsafe on DL can still set RTH on DOSD and activate Autolevel/Stab on KK2.
sawman is offline Find More Posts by sawman
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
I love DragonOSD.

http://youtu.be/cuaX7ghRgAk
Me too

AP home and just enjoying the view...
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:48 PM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
889 Posts
Thanks Guys for the help,

I do have a new 9X and the smartie board that I maybe can hack. Haven't even opened the box yet.

Been using the JR 10X as a transmitter with DL but am weak at programming the switches. Just retired so should have plenty of time to get up to speed.

Tom
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:44 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,820 Posts
I use a 9x with ER9x and the smarty board with DragonLink, DragonOSDv2 and the KK2.0 board.

I use The 3 position switch for DOSD control, a two position switch for Stabilize on the KK, and then another two position for Autolevel.

My DragonLink RX has RTH and autolevel mode set as failsafes.

You could turn one of the POTS into another 3 position switch but I think it would be a little excessive for most cases.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quick question regarding the "glide slope" function. Do I need to plug in anything externally to my DOSD in order for the glide slope function to work? My unit came with the current sensor, gps, and DOSD board. Do I need anything else for the glide slope to work?

Thanks
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:48 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Quick question regarding the "glide slope" function. Do I need to plug in anything externally to my DOSD in order for the glide slope function to work? My unit came with the current sensor, gps, and DOSD board. Do I need anything else for the glide slope to work?

Thanks
The only thing you need to do is turn it on in the menu. I've never used it, so can't comment on its function. I'm going to assume it uses GPS calculated altitude in the calculations. GPS altitude is not very accurate...at least in the 'hobby grade' GPS. Adding an I2C barometric sensor provides much more accurate altitude readings. I'd recommend one as a valuable, but not required, add-on.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:28 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Quote:

Thanks
I tried it several times. Very good function but a bit difficult to manage. You just need to switch it on.
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:37 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,252 Posts
Quote:

Thanks
I like it, but it only works from 800m out.

Have a play with the ratio so that the plane glides in on its glide slope! IIRC the number displayed next to the scope shows what height you should be at to be on the slope.

DOSD will use GPS if you don't have a baro attached.
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash