Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:09 PM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin.gala View Post
That looks good for me.
Check you got SDA SCL === right with DOSD on Xlator.
RX on Xlator goes to UART on FY30A
You can power up FY30A through DOSD PWM's 5V ,so You got one bec less.
after turning FY and DOSD connected like on diagram FY should go to stabilise mode "blue led ON".
Yes, checked again, connections correct.
Blue light stays on.
Thanks
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:31 PM
Team Higher Than The Clouds
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2012
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2 View Post
Yes, checked again, connections correct.
Blue light stays on.
Thanks
A few things,
1) Have you checked your FY30A? I.E. used it without DOSD. The way it is meant to be used.
2) Have you checked config settings on DOSD?
3) Have you checked your I2C port, with something like a barometer...
4) Have you checked that you have a common ground and are supplying everything with the right power? (Use a voltmeter)

Hope this helps.
-Tech
Techmeister is offline Find More Posts by Techmeister
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:35 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
471 Posts
I want to utilise my DOSD on my hex, is it possible to share PPM between the flight board and DOSD? e.g. dragonlink receiver channel 12 PPM out and split the signal wire so 1 goes to DOSD PPM input and other goes to quad board for control? That way I could still flip into menu and adjust things in the menu (no AP naturally) but still retain the neatness of only having 1 wire for control?

Or, do I not connect PPM to the DOSD and use it simply to measure voltage/current/GPS etc...? Then I would have to connect to PCC to adjust things like calibration and so on?
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:34 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
Really?! I'm thrilled!
Why have you waited so long to tell us that Daniel lives. I had just about given up all hope for the DOSD. I actually bought another OSD a month ago but haven't had the heart to install it yet.
Sorry for my wisea$$ remark, but I'm glad you responded. Tell Daniel we want "proof of life". Just one post so we know our guru lives, and is still practicing the black art of the Dragon.
LOL,

Our guru you know is just a regular guy.... a humble one FWIW. You know every time I talk to him, his phone never stops ringing. I don't know if you are aware but he is a vicar so we know they have a huge load on their shoulders. He is however trying to train more staff to take the load off his shoulders AND work his way in such a way so his electronic developments can also go to good use at work. So he must clear this first so we can finish off where we left off with Dragon Labs stuff (which has already been started.) and develop other products not related to FPV. That's why you guys don't see him so much here but that doesn't mean he quit the company which we started together after departing from Intelligent Flight.
Iskess, just take my word for this, we have no reasons to lie about it. Not even logical to do such a thing.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:40 AM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmeister View Post
A few things,
1) Have you checked your FY30A? I.E. used it without DOSD. The way it is meant to be used.
Yes, I thought that might be the problem, Sent it to China, checked OK, and purchased a new one also. And to answer the first question, had the FY on another plane.
2) Have you checked config settings on DOSD?
Yes, and Last week Reset 3 times, and got RTH to work
3) Have you checked your I2C port, with something like a barometer...
??? Guess I don't have one and wouldn't know how to do it if I had one??
4) Have you checked that you have a common ground and are supplying everything with the right power? (Use a voltmeter)
Yes checked, others have mentioned this.
Hope this helps.
-Tech
Thanks for the ideas. just have no idea on #3
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
Team Higher Than The Clouds
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2012
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2 View Post

Thanks for the ideas. just have no idea on #3
I don't know if that is your problem, however you will never know until you test it. I am not really sure how you would test it without another I2C device. If you really cant get it to work you might send it to John for him to test the I2C port.

--Tech
Techmeister is offline Find More Posts by Techmeister
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:27 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
LOL,

Our guru you know is just a regular guy.... a humble one FWIW. You know every time I talk to him, his phone never stops ringing. I don't know if you are aware but he is a vicar so we know they have a huge load on their shoulders. He is however trying to train more staff to take the load off his shoulders AND work his way in such a way so his electronic developments can also go to good use at work. So he must clear this first so we can finish off where we left off with Dragon Labs stuff (which has already been started.) and develop other products not related to FPV. That's why you guys don't see him so much here but that doesn't mean he quit the company which we started together after departing from Intelligent Flight.
Iskess, just take my word for this, we have no reasons to lie about it. Not even logical to do such a thing.

John
John, your reputation of honesty and integrity is impeccable. Of course I know you wouldn't lie, I was just coming up with an excuse to have him check in with us here and give us all some hope for the future of the DOSD. It sounds like even if/when he has time for Dragon Labs, he is moving on to other "products not related to FPV" anyway, so I'm still not left with much hope for DOSD3, or any future firmware updates to the current OSD. If the DOSD hasn't reached the end of its development, please tell us so. Otherwise I will assume it is fading out into obsolescence as the competing options continue the evolve. Given any likelihood of Daniel's reemergence into the DOSD's development, I would rather stay here with him. He will never be "just a regular guy" to me.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Hey all,

Question... Is there any way to calibrate an addon barometer/temp sensor? When I got mine I was immediately thrilled since now my starting position is no longer 80 feet above ground. Still, it would be nice if I could touch up the numbers because it always reports my ground level as -3 to -5 feet. My area is typically 10' - 15' ASL, so it would be swell if I could either reflect that or zero it out entirely for more accurate AGL readings.

Thanks!

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRunner417 View Post
Hey all,

Question... Is there any way to calibrate an addon barometer/temp sensor? When I got mine I was immediately thrilled since now my starting position is no longer 80 feet above ground. Still, it would be nice if I could touch up the numbers because it always reports my ground level as -3 to -5 feet. My area is typically 10' - 15' ASL, so it would be swell if I could either reflect that or zero it out entirely for more accurate AGL readings.

Thanks!

Rick NR417
You can reset the baro altitude via the main menu, but there's not calibration I'm aware of. A few feet deviation is fine for me...a whole lot better than 70' +/- from start to end of flight.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:26 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
My baro works great, but seams my RSSI is not :-(

FPV view (11 min 41 sec)

should be good now
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Last edited by nakelp86; Nov 12, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:30 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
My baro works great, but seams my RSSI is not :-(

https://vimeo.com/53380196
Your link isn't working for me...can't see what the problem is/isn't.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:51 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
Its good now
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:34 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Its good now
Are you referring to it always being at 99%? Did you calibrate it via the PCC Wizard?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Nov 2004
14 Posts
Hi danel.
I have question.
After changed Dragonlink rx 12ch B to 12ch C DOSD+ V2.0 not PPM output signal from DOSD+ V2.0.
1) I by link TX RX complete. OK.
2) Oscilloscope checked PPM signal out from pin 9 all CH signal active.OK.
3) Oscilloscope checked PWM1,2,3,4 out from DOSD+ v2.0 have 1500uS not Active.
What advice does?
Sorry about the language.

Thanks.
pcomud is offline Find More Posts by pcomud
Last edited by pcomud; Nov 13, 2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:30 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcomud View Post
Hi danel.
I have question.
After changed Dragonlink rx 12ch B to 12ch C DOSD+ V2.0 not PPM output signal from DOSD+ V2.0.
1) I by link TX RX complete. OK.
2) Oscilloscope checked PPM signal out from pin 9 all CH signal active.OK.
3) Oscilloscope checked PWM1,2,3,4 out from DOSD+ v2.0 have 1500uS not Active.
What advice does?
Sorry about the language.

Thanks.
That is hard to understand!
Daniel isn't here so I can try...

dragon link v2 receivers PPM comes from ch12

could this be the answer?
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash