HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:26 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy654 View Post
I seem to have an inductor pop off and I was wondering if anyone can help me find a new one...here is a picture of the part that came off and my board, it's marked with a "150" and popped off my DSOD in the lower left hand corner...

Hi squishy654,

That is not suppose to happen! Contact me (john@dragonlabs.net) and I can set you up for a free repair. Just cover the $10USD shipping charges and consider it done! Please email me on procedure.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:33 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSum View Post
Does Daniel have any plans on incorporating an IMU native to the Dragon OSD board?
Not at this moment.... we are working on other things at the moment (meaning Daniel Wee). Sometimes it's wise to hang back and wait until the "other" guys spend their time and investments before we make a move.

Iskess.... Daniel is still here.. the last time we had our business video conference meeting... he's very involved in both his main job and electronics.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:38 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Not at this moment.... we are working on other things at the moment (meaning Daniel Wee). Sometimes it's wise to hang back and wait until the "other" guys spend their time and investments before we make a move.

Iskess.... Daniel is still here.. the last time we had our business video conference meeting... he's very involved in both his main job and electronics.

John
Really?! I'm thrilled!
Why have you waited so long to tell us that Daniel lives. I had just about given up all hope for the DOSD. I actually bought another OSD a month ago but haven't had the heart to install it yet.
Sorry for my wisea$$ remark, but I'm glad you responded. Tell Daniel we want "proof of life". Just one post so we know our guru lives, and is still practicing the black art of the Dragon.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:27 AM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
Can you try grounding the Xlator to the BEC?
Humm,
I don't understand what you are asking?
It is grounded through the DOSD which is grounded by the UBEC.
And the ground must go through, because the FY30 lights up.
Are you talking about something differant?
I tried running another ground from the RX (which is where the UBEC is pluged into). But nothing changed.
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:01 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jun 2011
101 Posts
Hi everyone!

I just managed to connect a Bluetooth-Module to the PC-UART of the DragonOSD V2+, it is a BTM-222, it wasn't hard, just connected the correct pins...

The communication is working very well, although the stock PC-Commander can't be used, I succesfully tested it with a terminal program.

My final aim is to get the most important information on the field with my Android Smartphone like Voltage, MAH and so on.

Is there any Android App on the Google Play Store that is for DragonOSD?

I managed to get a connection with my modified Bluetooth-Terminal App, all commands work very well, I just thought before I get into coding a new app, I ask if there is already an app for it.

Greetings
Button2011 is offline Find More Posts by Button2011
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Jun 2010
523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Hi squishy654,

That is not suppose to happen! Contact me (john@dragonlabs.net) and I can set you up for a free repair. Just cover the $10USD shipping charges and consider it done! Please email me on procedure.

John
Got it john, thanks for the help!!
squishy654 is offline Find More Posts by squishy654
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:21 PM
Team Higher Than The Clouds
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2012
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Button2011 View Post
Hi everyone!

I just managed to connect a Bluetooth-Module to the PC-UART of the DragonOSD V2+, it is a BTM-222, it wasn't hard, just connected the correct pins...

The communication is working very well, although the stock PC-Commander can't be used, I succesfully tested it with a terminal program.

My final aim is to get the most important information on the field with my Android Smartphone like Voltage, MAH and so on.

I managed to get a connection with my modified Bluetooth-Terminal App, all commands work very well, I just thought before I get into coding a new app, I ask if there is already an app for it.

Greetings
Yep, its called Dragon Commander. You can find it on RMRC.
Techmeister is offline Find More Posts by Techmeister
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:10 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,379 Posts
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Greetings
check this out!
http://www.dragonlabseu.bigcartel.co...agon-commander
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:33 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jun 2011
101 Posts
Thanks for the link but the app isn't working. I bet they put a mechanism in it, so that only their bluetooth-dongle is supported. This is really a shame that they do something like this and sell the dongle for 50 bucks, where everyone knows, that you get a Bluetooth-Modul for under 10$...

Shame on the developer!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,376 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link but the app isn't working. I bet they put a mechanism in it, so that only their bluetooth-dongle is supported. This is really a shame that they do something like this and sell the dongle for 50 bucks, where everyone knows, that you get a Bluetooth-Modul for under 10$...

Shame on the developer!
Nope. 'They' put a lot of work in it and 'they' have a right to sell it how 'they' desire. This has been discussed on the Dragon Commander thread and there were reasons why a dedicated BT had to be developed. I don't understand that stuff so I can't explain it. If you have the abilities I'm sure you could develop your own app that will work with a cheapy BT dongle and then give your work away.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:42 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jun 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Nope. 'They' put a lot of work in it and 'they' have a right to sell it how 'they' desire. This has been discussed on the Dragon Commander thread and there were reasons why a dedicated BT had to be developed. I don't understand that stuff so I can't explain it. If you have the abilities I'm sure you could develop your own app that will work with a cheapy BT dongle and then give your work away.
I'm pretty sure they had problems with the Bluetooth-Connection, they should use the Reflection Method to connect to a non-android Bluetooth Spp Device.

Did they really use Bluetooth-Modules specified for Android? This would be really dumb.

But to sell it for 50 Bucks... I'm sorry but I'm still saying shame on him...
This is so much Apple style.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:55 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
679 Posts
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they had problems with the Bluetooth-Connection, they should use the Reflection Method to connect to a non-android Bluetooth Spp Device.

Did they really use Bluetooth-Modules specified for Android? This would be really dumb.

You should drop by the Dragon Commander forum and ask him for yourself. I have one and its very stable and works all the time with no hassles. If your going to attack some one you should give them the opportunity to defend themselfs.

Mike
metalbender4by is online now Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:11 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,851 Posts
Quote:

Seriously, you are discrediting someone works because you don't like the price?
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Not again

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
Can you try grounding the Xlator to the BEC?
Ok I have grounded the FY to the BEC, along with the ground from the Xlator. And I removed the ground forn the Xlator and used just the ground from the BEC
And I tried running another separate BEC to the FY.
Everything lights up,But the OSD still doesn't recognize it.

Any other ideas?
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Jun 2010
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2 View Post
Van, (sorry) was not to you.
I was talking about Dragon Labs support Web site.

Crash, I don't know Chris.
yes I everything is set correct, I have checked it all several times.

PS Posted schematic.
And I have been working on it today in 40 weather, My fingers are frozen.
JIm
That looks good for me.
Check you got SDA SCL === right with DOSD on Xlator.
RX on Xlator goes to UART on FY30A
You can power up FY30A through DOSD PWM's 5V ,so You got one bec less.
after turning FY and DOSD connected like on diagram FY should go to stabilise mode "blue led ON".
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala