SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:11 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
Hey guys I have had my DOSD for a few months now and the last few flights ive noticed its not logging any of my flights. I have download several successful flight from before any reason why it wouldnt be logging now.

I havent made any significant changes besides a few weeks ago I deleted all the data from previous flights.

also I conncected my RSSI signal from the reciever but i am unable to see it on the Display. I looked through the settings and I cant find where to switch the display on or off.
re Logging: Have you deleted your old flight logs? DOSD does not automatically erase or write over old data. Once the memory is full it stops recording. You can clear it via the main menu or PCC or DC.

re RSSI display: Don't ask me why, but the menu to turn on the RSSI display is called G.P. mode. G.P. Mode defaults to 0. Mode 1 show RSSI in dB and Mode 2 shows in % (or the other way around). Make sure you calibrate the RSSI for a more accurate info.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:50 AM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,182 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the GP I will use the dosd manual for configuring.

As far as the flight logs I cleared the flight log memory a couple weeks ago and ever since then it stopped logging anything and it always says 100% memory available.
Johnnymeg is offline Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:35 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
677 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on the GP I will use the dosd manual for configuring.

As far as the flight logs I cleared the flight log memory a couple weeks ago and ever since then it stopped logging anything and it always says 100% memory available.
Check the logging rate, it may have reset to 0. This is the setting that tells it how often to record the info.
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:24 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,304 Posts
I suspect the DOSD still has a few gremlins in it. My elevator direction reversed its self on me again and it wouldn't hold altitude. The setting still showed correctly, but I had to cycle the setting back and forth to get it to work again.
My buddy spontaneously lost his RSSI when the GP setting switched its self off.
It sounds like the same thing may have happened to your logging interval?

Unfortunately there is no one to look into these bug reports and fix them if necessary. It appears we are stuck with the firmware as it is until someone fills Daniel's vacancy, or he comes back.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Sep 2011
1,182 Posts
Ok I will check the settings when i get home later this evening.

Speaking about the firmware, im not sure wich firmware im running and when ever i use dragon commander to try and update it says update error.

Im not sure if that is normal.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:40 PM
Tricopters Rule
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
Ok I will check the settings when i get home later this evening.

Speaking about the firmware, im not sure wich firmware im running and when ever i use dragon commander to try and update it says update error.

Im not sure if that is normal.
Mine does that as well.
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:00 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,371 Posts
I think there is a conflict with DC and the latest DOSD FW, resolved soon I think
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:39 PM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Where does one acquire an xlator board?

CJ
I got one.
But I have NO idea of how to hook it up.
I have the board and 2 pigtails. and no explanation of where to solder it on to.
So far it is useless.
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:48 PM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I've never heard anyone talk about the FY-31 so can't answer there. The FY30 is what most seem to be using now and, Yes, you do need the Xlator board. Connection is not difficult. In short, you connect the +,-,SDA, SCL lines from the DOSD I2C pins to the corresponding pins on the Xlator. Then connect the Gnd and Rx serial lines from the Xlator to the FY-30. The pin to connect the Xlator Rx line to is the UART pin closest to the labeled + pin on the FY30. Then run power the FY-30 via a + and - wire from a 5v source...such as your Rx. That's it.
Could you say that slower and in less technical talk.
Van, you sound like the manual.
I need pictures.
I have the Xlator board and have NO Idea of where to install it.
I have 2 pig tails and loose ends to solder on to somewhere.
Got to explain what a "UART" is, along with SDA, SCL, PMM, PCL.
Guess the Chinese think we all have an Electrical engineering degree.

PS. My FY-30a was bad out of the box.
Would not hold a heading for more than 20 seconds before going into a spiral.
On its way back to China now.
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Last edited by Flybynight2; Oct 07, 2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: ADD PS
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:29 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2 View Post
I need pictures.
I have the Xlator board and have NO Idea of where to install it.
I have 2 pig tails and loose ends to solder on to somewhere.
Got to explain what a "UART" is, along with SDA, SCL, PMM, PCL.
Guess the Chinese think we all have an Electrical engineering degree.

PS. My FY-30a was bad out of the box.
Would not hold a heading for more than 20 seconds before going into a spiral.
On its way back to China now.
Sorry, I can't show pictures because I installed my Xlater internally in the FY-30...makes for a neater installation but requires soldering.

Take a look at the picture on this post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=19290 . This is how my Xlator and FY-30 are connected. You don't need to understand what SDA, SCL, UART, etc is...just connect the wires to the corresponding pins as marked on the DOSD, Xlator and FY-30. They FY-30 only labels the UART pins. It doesn't label which one is the Tx (transmit) and Rx (receive) pin. The Tx pin is the second pin from the edge (next to the + pin) as marked on the FY-30 case. Since your FY was bad I guess you have some time before you have to worry to much about the setup. It's pretty straight forward really.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Sep 2011
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2 View Post
I think VAN is better than the manual, he always know the answers to any Dragon related question whether is D Link or OSD.

The Dragon world would be lost without him
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:12 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,364 Posts
Quote:
I think VAN is better than the manual, he always know the answers to any Dragon related question whether is D Link or OSD.

The Dragon world would be lost without him
Gee thanks, but no...there's plenty of folks here that are always helping out. I just try to beat most of them to the punch. I really need a life...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:05 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
That's how I've got mine wired too and it does move the AHI display. The only thing I notice is that you have a ground loop if your 5v UBEC is also powering the DOSD. But I think I have that same situation. Confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Mostly for Chris, but anyone else with ideas would be great.

Pictured is how I have my DOSD, Xlator, FY30 system wired. My issue is the DOSD sees the IMU. Displays the AHI, but the AHI does not move with IMU movement.

I connected the FY30 to my PC via Hyperterminal. I can see data flow. I can see numbers changing in the data as I move the FY-30 around. I tried to upload different firmware in the FY30 via my FTDI connection...but the FY program doesn't seem to detect the connection. My FTDI Rx LED is flashing, but the Tx LED isn't doing anything. I've tried two different FTDI's with no luck on either.

When I connect the Xlator to my Razor IMU the AHI works (just not accurately like the FY is supposed to)...so I'm guessing the Xlator is working. I'm seeing data on the FY30 Tx pin to the FY30 must be working. If I connect a servo to the FY30 outputs they move with FY30 movement...so the FY30 must be working. I can't connect to the FY30 via the FY download program and instructions. So I'm stuck. What in the world am I doing wrong???
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:55 AM
India, Karnataka, Bengaluru
Joined May 2011
197 Posts
My first flight with dragon osd. I hit autopilot switch at 5:06 and plane increased altitude from 170 to 220m, my spotter cried it was going too high and he couldnt see. In a panic i got back control. I need to set the cruise altitude to a visible height.
Dragon osd v2 autopilot test (10 min 48 sec)

Thanks for Vantastic, John and others who have helped me out with the setup and other configuration issues
foamybuilder is offline Find More Posts by foamybuilder
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:55 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
a great gadget for who uses several sensors at the same time like me...

http://fpvcenter.com/Cables/Cables.html

Cheers,
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp