SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:40 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,527 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am looking for ArduIMU v3 owner who can test modified firmware work with DOSD+ in the air?
If anyone can do that, send me PM. I am overloaded at the moment to fly

Virgis
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:39 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Aug 2009
42 Posts
Nope, not the peak values, just the GPS coordinates. That's exactly why I wanted them, so I knew where my plane went in should I end up in the dirt. If it kicks in at lower altitudes, then that makes perfect sense. Thanks guys!
rotormonkey is offline Find More Posts by rotormonkey
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:27 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotormonkey View Post
Nope, not the peak values, just the GPS coordinates. That's exactly why I wanted them, so I knew where my plane went in should I end up in the dirt. If it kicks in at lower altitudes, then that makes perfect sense. Thanks guys!
Set the alt ratio to 20 (max) and the coordinates will always show...no matter how close/far/high/low.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Aug 2009
42 Posts
I would happily do that... Except that I don't currently have any way to play with the settings. Sooner or later I'll get an FTDI cable, or figure out how to get the PPM out of my receiver. Until then, I'm stuck using default settings.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
You always can get the DragonCommander :-)
flyandi is online now Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:13 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Aug 2009
42 Posts
Haha.. I thought of that too, and it looks swanky. Sadly my phone is too old and crappy to run it
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:37 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
What kind of phone do you have?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
My Easy Star spent about 30 minutes upside down in a pond yesterday, maiden flight, maiden pilot. Luckily the DL RX and DOSD were low in the belly, so they were well above the water level while it (slowly) floated to shore.

After blowing out the DOSD with compressed air and leaving it in a cup of uncooked rice for ~5 hours, I am ecstatic to report that not only does it still function, but it shows no sign of corrosion and I was even able to pull the GPS log KML file off. The DL RX also showed no sign of corrosion. But the VTX and BEC look a little cruddy.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
My Easy Star spent about 30 minutes upside down in a pond yesterday, maiden flight, maiden pilot. Luckily the DL RX and DOSD were low in the belly, so they were well above the water level while it (slowly) floated to shore.

After blowing out the DOSD with compressed air and leaving it in a cup of uncooked rice for ~5 hours, I am ecstatic to report that not only does it still function, but it shows no sign of corrosion and I was even able to pull the GPS log KML file off. The DL RX also showed no sign of corrosion. But the VTX and BEC look a little cruddy.
"Maiden pilot"?? One of the first rules of FPV is that you should learn to fly RC by LOS first, and then attempt FPV. There are many reasons. First, you don't have unnecessary extra expense as you crash learning to fly. Second, airplanes fly easier with lighter wing loading. Second, orientation is actually easier LOS. And there are other reasons too... Start at the beginning!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
"Maiden pilot"?? One of the first rules of FPV is that you should learn to fly RC by LOS first, and then attempt FPV. There are many reasons. First, you don't have unnecessary extra expense as you crash learning to fly. Second, airplanes fly easier with lighter wing loading. Second, orientation is actually easier LOS. And there are other reasons too... Start at the beginning!
Yup, I went full retard and flew on a really windy day surrounded by 80ft tall pine trees and water on two sides. Others should learn from my dumb decision. The FPV camera is at the bottom of the pond! LOL I don't really regret it, because it was what I wanted to do in the moment, after weeks of building and tweaking the plane. I'm not one for incremental success, which may thin my wallet in the end, but that's my decision. Despite having it loaded with FPV gear, I did fly it LOS to a max of 300ft alt and 900ft range. I was doing fine until the wind wouldn't let me turn and pushed it downwind, then it stalled and lost altitude which put it below the trees. Glad I recorded it at the GS.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:44 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
418 Posts
I could connect 3 sensors at one time with pictured gadget.
I connected barometric, airspeed and FY30 translator at the same time. All of them run perfect.

I bought it from fpvcenter.com

Cheers
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347306243.690927.jpg
Views: 88
Size: 48.1 KB
Description:
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Jul 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Oh man - I had no time to fly this weekend :-( really sad!
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard! Oh, has the fly-in been moved to the 29th?
fixandflydan is offline Find More Posts by fixandflydan
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
I could connect 3 sensors at one time with pictured gadget.
I connected barometric, airspeed and FY30 translator at the same time. All of them run perfect.

I bought it from fpvcenter.com

Cheers
Attachment 5145938
That's sweet, thanks for the idea.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:52 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Yes meeting has been moved to the 29th!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
I was doing fine until the wind wouldn't let me turn and pushed it downwind, then it stalled and lost altitude which put it below the trees.
The wind had nothing to do with your inability to turn and your stall. The plane has no idea it's in wind when it's flying. The plane got far away from you and it was heavy. But you'd know this if you got some flying experience first. You're just fighting yourself trying to learn this way.

I wish you luck, really. But sometimes people who don't want to learn from other's experience quit the hobby in frustration. I hope you are able to persevere! It's a fun hobby!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq