HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:17 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
I think pwm3 can't be 'controlled' by the DOSD+, as the processor or something, can only handle 2 outputs ... I think. I think the main chip needs to be replaced to get 3 channels... Or.. wait for V2... and with my electronic skills... V2 is sounding very cool..
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:36 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
2,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex View Post
Personally I would prefer Video Telemetry.
I only have one audio channel on my Tx and I like to have a mic on the plane.
Me too please!
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jun 22, 2010, 04:52 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Also predicted that drift free HT would come last.
John
Have you tried the flyton headtracker? No use reinventing the wheel.

http://www.flytron.com/21-dt-3k-hybr...nsmitters.html
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:09 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,034 Posts
By the way, if you use the PPM stream from the DragonLink, can you control more than 2 channels already? Or this is also not possible (or maybe it is and I missed it, I didn't try yet)
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:14 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
CrashMeUp,

The issue is PWM outputs available. I originally intended to manually drive one of the PWM channels but it turned out to be jittery due to the amount of things going on in the MCU. For this reason PWM3 was dropped, leaving only two channels. We can, however assign them to a variety of functions due to the fact that we can read the entire PPM frame. We also use that data for other non-output functions as well but as far as controlling servos are concerned, we're stuck with two in this version. The next board will address this issue.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:33 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,604 Posts
One might say the same about OSDs but that was not the topic.. we just like to know which had more priority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post

JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:39 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,610 Posts
Will this work for flashing the osd ??
http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchR...arch=prop+plug
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:51 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
kempo,

Can you try 9.2 and 9.2B and see if one works better than the other? Thanks.

Daniel
Today I've tried v 9.2 . The autopilot turns the plane correctly . The problem now is with rocstepgain. I've tried different values: 2/6,6/7,5/10. All this time the APROCGAIN was 50. The best value, I think, is between 7,5 and 6,6. Tomorrow I will test again. An ideea for example : I push the trottle stick up and the wing is gettting altitude, the rocstepgain can't overcome this and even if the autopilot is trying to push the servo down to loose altitude the wing keeps climbing.

Maybe a coordination between altitude/speed/rocstepgain is neccesary: if the autopilot is activated, the plane is above the altitude limit ,autopilot tries to push the servos to reach the cruise altitude but the plane is still climbing the , by software, the rocstepgain should increase. This is just my opinion.

Should I try the other version 9.2B ?

For cruise altitude tests shoud I play with something else besides ROCSTEPGAIN and APROCGAIN ? - see the image.

V9.2 TEST ROCSTEPGAIN.mp4 (5 min 7 sec)
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:07 PM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Just a quick random thing I wanted to get off my chest. Daniel, your support is outstanding. You don't seen to sleep... you produce fantastic stuff... you're always keen to help and assist... and you listen to what your customers and testers are up to. It's quite amazing. So far, I have had 2 other OSDs. One had pretty good support, but I only got replies maybe once per week. Never the less, they were good answers. The other OSD was a nightmare, which I find lots of alcohol and drugs are helping me through this. (I kid .. I don't do drugs! Although, dealing with some manufacturers may tip me over the edge! ) I am unfortunatly stuck with a different radio system, and sooo wish I had gone with your stuff. Comparing support is like comparing night and day. Emails don't get replied to, and when they do, it's not an answer... it's a rant. Posts on their thread don't get answered by the manufacturer/sales... but by other users who often get it wrong.

So, just to let you know that dealing with you especially - it's a breath of fresh air!

Thanks man! Hope you're asble to keep it up. Not sure if you can, but .. try!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:07 PM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
WHAT!? No reply yet!?!?!?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:26 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
WHAT!? No reply yet!?!?!?
mr. D has to sleep..
LOL..

nice vid...
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:23 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
G-unit,

Yes, that will work I think. There are cheaper alternatives on e-Bay though.

Cralis,

Lol, I'm slipping!

kempo,

If you can compare 9.2 and 9.2B and tell me which you prefer, I'd appreciate it. They use slightly different systems. In your previous flight you said that the autopilot didn't work with 9.2 but it seems to be working now.

As for the altitude control, you can try more gain but usually you need to trim the plane for level flight when in neutral position. Are you able to do that? Trim it so that when you throttle up, the plane flies straight and level rather than climb. Otherwise, just try a bigger APROCGAIN value - this may result in porpoising though.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:30 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,610 Posts
I already have it so i was just making sure it would work.
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:40 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
G-unit,

kempo,

If you can compare 9.2 and 9.2B and tell me which you prefer, I'd appreciate it. They use slightly different systems. In your previous flight you said that the autopilot didn't work with 9.2 but it seems to be working now.

As for the altitude control, you can try more gain but usually you need to trim the plane for level flight when in neutral position. Are you able to do that? Trim it so that when you throttle up, the plane flies straight and level rather than climb. Otherwise, just try a bigger APROCGAIN value - this may result in porpoising though.

Daniel
Daniel,

I will trim the plane for level flight and I will remake the test with v9.2 and after that with v9.2b also (if weather allows).

p.s. In my previous flight I said that the autopilot didn't work with V9.1.
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:20 PM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post

I think it can be improved. I believe you always have to face North or South. Not always easy when you're using RVision goggles, for example, that let in light... making you want to face a different direction to stop the sun...

I wonld love to see what these cats can come up with with regards a head tracker (and price... ). As I am in the market for a HT right now, I'll help out and offer to be a beta tester when the days coems.