Old Jun 20, 2010, 02:37 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
G-unit,

Are you able to flash a previous version? Say 8.9?

Daniel
Not now, i cant get it to take anything, but i have a screaming headache now, so i will mess with it later.
Thanks Gary
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Last edited by G-unit; Jun 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:52 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Gary,

When you get round to it - try booting your PC and trying again. It looked like your bootloader is working so maybe it's the USB adapter or something that's glitched.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:24 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,786 Posts
Hi Daniel,
I tried that but now i get, "Searching for bl"
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:47 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Hmmm, that doesn't sound good. Does the DOSD+ boot up at all? Maybe something else is amiss? How are you powering the DOSD+ while updating?

Daniel
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:08 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,786 Posts
I'm sure its not good,that is how my luck is!
I haven't hooked it to video yet, I was getting ready to but i thought i should update it from what it was when i got it from Lee, so i did it to v8.9 and that went good,then this morning i seen u added a new Version so i tried that and this is were I'm at, I powered it from my current sensor..
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:30 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
G-unit,

If you successfully updated it from an earlier version to 8.9, you will need to change the baudrate on all the ds30 Loader tabs to 115200. Especially the "RESET" tab.

Another thing you can do is to exit ds30 Loader and fire up a terminal program on the same COM port. Set it to 115200 baud, 8N1 and fire up the OSD to see if you see any messages. If you do, then everything is probably still working correctly and is a matter of getting the settings right.

Daniel
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:00 AM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,786 Posts
Quote:
G-unit,

Did this to download to 8.9If you successfully updated it from an earlier version to 8.9, you will need to change the baudrate on all the ds30 Loader tabs to 115200. Especially the "RESET" tab.

Not sure what u mean on this Another thing you can do is to exit ds30 Loader and fire up a terminal program on the same COM port. Set it to 115200 baud, 8N1 and fire up the OSD to see if you see any messages. If you do, then everything is probably still working correctly and is a matter of getting the settings right.

Daniel
Thanks Gary
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:01 AM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,786 Posts
My response is in bold sorry
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:21 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
G-unit,

If you successfully updated to version 8.9, that means the board is probably okay. If you updated from an early firmware version, then the settings in ds30 Loader that you used will need to be changed from what worked before. You will need to go into the RESET tab and change the baudrate there to 115200 as the old settings will no longer work with version 8.9. This is the key - if you have not made a change to your settings - it will on longer talk to the OSD. You NEED to make this change.

If in doubt, you can close the ds30 Loader application, open up a terminal software on the same COM port. The DOSD+ will send stuff to the COM port if it is working so if you have the terminal software running on the connected COM port, there will be a message from the DOSD+ when you power it up - thus confirming that it is still operational.

Daniel
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:40 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,619 Posts
My thoughts exactly since he was running older firmware which used the 3800 baudrate and I think he's not the only one who missed out on this very important part when we changed this on later revisions.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:53 AM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
I'm sure its not good,that is how my luck is!
I haven't hooked it to video yet, I was getting ready to but i thought i should update it from what it was when i got it from Lee, so i did it to v8.9 and that went good,then this morning i seen u added a new Version so i tried that and this is were I'm at, I powered it from my current sensor..
G-unit you shoud try again and pay attention to the ds30 loader screens (http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic...7&t=67&start=0) because I successfully updated from version 8.9 to 9.1 and it worked. (save your settings before doing that)
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:19 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
G-unit,

You can take a short-cut actually:-

1. Start up ds30 Loader
2. Make sure DOSD+ board is NOT powered
3. Make sure USB serial port is connected to PC and to the DOSD+ board
4. Click "Download" on the ds30 Loader and wait to see "Searching for BL ....."
5. Power up the DOSD+ at this point

If everything is normal, it should start flashing the board now. However, you should still make the recommended changes to the baudrate as explained above or you'll have to do this everytime.

Daniel
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:27 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Increase audio volume (modification)

barok,

As promised, here is the diagram of what you need to change to increase the volume. You will need a 10k 0603, 5% resistor for this. The actual value isn't critical - all depends on how loud you want it to be.

Daniel
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark,

If you're going to fly again, make sure you have version 9.2. The GPS stabilizer should be working better now and there are some additional features that allow the autopilot to cooperate with the stabilizer better.

Guys,

In terms of importance - what do you think is more needed and useful?

1. Ground station to decode the telemetry from DOSD+
2. Better IMU (separate from ArduIMU)
3. Sorting out ArduIMU
4. Headtracker

Daniel
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
Romania, IS, Iasi
Joined Nov 2008
615 Posts
Quote:
kempo,

Thanks - I know users are counting on my development. In this version 9.1, I removed some damping used in earlier versions. This might result in the autopilot tracking harder. At this point in time, it's hard to say if this will be better or worse but I suspect it will be better than before.

I would start with a ROCSTEPGAIN of around 2.0 and APROCGAIN of around 45.0 to 50.0.

Do not enable the GPS stabilizer while doing all this as it has a tendency to fight with the autopilot. The stabilizer attempts to keep things level and straight. In future, I may disable the GPS stabilizer when the autopilot is running. For now, it is recommended to use a very small value for the GPS stabilizer gain.

Daniel

Today I tested v 9.1 firmware . Same setup as saturday(v8.9) / no wind but the plane is acting weird: it is not returning home and after couple of seconds after I activate the autopilot it makes unexpected/sudden moves like glitches . I think I will return to v8.9 . I think that it is usefull if someone else could test this version.

v 9.1 test autopilot.mp4 (1 min 12 sec)
kempo is offline Find More Posts by kempo