SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:21 PM
Malaysia, Johor, Johor Bahru
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
Not sure I understand the question but you must connect the ground of your video system to the dosd if you are using separate battery for video
thanks for reply mike,

i explain my question ,

ok i make it shorcut my diagram below.
using separate power for video system and i am using Lawmate 1.2ghz 1watt which is have 4 conection (red,black,audio,video)

from LIPO (black & red wire) --->connect --> Vtx (black & red wire and signal goes to DOSD video out)

so no more black wire from vtx since already connect to lipo black wire.

should i make another loop black wire from Vtx which is already connected between lipo and vtx and put into DOSD ground? you got me? sorry my bad english.
ultrojo is offline Find More Posts by ultrojo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:26 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,843 Posts
Ultrojo: PM me with your equipment (Which Camera? Which VideoTX?) and I can make you a plug and play cable -> www.fpvcables.com !

Thanks,

Andy
flyandi is online now Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totonor View Post
Hello daniel ,

So , the current sensor isn't accurate with low A . But my axn floater jet burn 20A. What should i do ? Calibrate to 100% throttle 50% throttle.It's not very easy with a plane with low consommation.

It's sad that the current sensor isn't accurate , is it the same thing for the Mah consommation ?

I have the dosd current sensor , i should let offset value to 0.0 ? And only move current multiplier ?

I see some videos with mah/km , where can i find it ?

Regards
You can adjust your amp offset to get a good ball park. I do mine by hooking up a watt meter, powering up to ~my cruising throttle setting, and adjust the voltage and amp offsets (you can do it via PCC or the DOSD menu) until the watt meter and OSD readings match. I'd still not consider it overly accurate as the watt meter isn't calibrated...good enough for our hobby use though.

As for the mah/km reading, that's part of the SW switch. The SW switch will clear on-screen warnings, set a hold position, and activate the mah/km help screen. I assigned my SW channel to a momentary (trainer) switch on my Tx. Others (like Virgis) assign it to a 2-way switch so it's always on or off.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4 Posts
DOSD+v2 serial port problem?

I got a brand new DOSD+v2. I connected serial port between DOSD and PC, and applied +5V power to the DOSD power pin. However, there was just not any output from the DOSD serial port.

I checked the setup many times so I am sure it is not my serial connection problem. Any ideas?
Miketu is offline Find More Posts by Miketu
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:22 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
Back again :-((

checked wiring wire by wire and cant find any mistakes. According to what you are saying ( if I understand right )the servo part of DOSD and video are separately powered unless you use the jumper to power both from one battery.
Could I run UBEC to DL as on this drawing without burning anything and see if that helps?

On the picture , I removed GPS and servos (except one) but the rest is as per schematics.
Still when I plug main battery to the current sensor no response from the servos.
Only when I turn on the video battery the servos are moving. So if my Video battery goes so are the controls, not good for environment :-(
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Last edited by nakelp86; Mar 31, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:47 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrojo View Post
thanks for reply mike,

i explain my question ,

ok i make it shorcut my diagram below.
using separate power for video system and i am using Lawmate 1.2ghz 1watt which is have 4 conection (red,black,audio,video)

from LIPO (black & red wire) --->connect --> Vtx (black & red wire and signal goes to DOSD video out)

so no more black wire from vtx since already connect to lipo black wire.

should i make another loop black wire from Vtx which is already connected between lipo and vtx and put into DOSD ground? you got me? sorry my bad english.
yes you need to connect video system ground to DOSD ground.

If you are using screened/shielded video cables then use the screen.
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:54 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post

checked wiring wire by wire and cant find any mistakes. According to what you are saying ( if I understand right )the servo part of DOSD and video are separately powered unless you use the jumper to power both from one battery.
Could I run UBEC to DL as on this drawing without burning anything and see if that helps?

On the picture , I removed GPS and servos (except one) but the rest is as per schematics.
Still when I plug main battery to the current sensor no response from the servos.
Only when I turn on the video battery the servos are moving. So if my Video battery goes so are the controls, not good for environment :-(

The servos get their power from the flight battery but the ones connected to dosd will only get signal from dosd so as your video battery is powering dosd they will not respond without both batteries connected
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:59 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketu View Post
I got a brand new DOSD+v2. I connected serial port between DOSD and PC, and applied +5V power to the DOSD power pin. However, there was just not any output from the DOSD serial port.

I checked the setup many times so I am sure it is not my serial connection problem. Any ideas?
Is this a usb>ttl uart connector?
Do you have the correct drivers on your pc?
rx tx wires reversed?
.net framework 3.5?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:03 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,986 Posts
Quote:

The DOSD itself needs power, not just the servos. Otherwise it won't work. So, yes, if you lose your video power in this case, then you lose control of the plane.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:21 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
The DOSD itself needs power, not just the servos. Otherwise it won't work. So, yes, if you lose your video power in this case, then you lose control of the plane.
But I hope that when both batteries are connected the servos take the power from the main battery not the video battery. Otherwise its too risky too fly this set up.
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:16 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
deleted
999vertigo is offline Find More Posts by 999vertigo
Last edited by 999vertigo; May 21, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:38 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 999vertigo View Post
When IAS and Barometer sensors are attached on DOSD is it possible both indications the one from GPS and the other from sensors to be displayed at the same time?(GPS GROUND SPEED_SENSOR IAS SPEED------GPS ALTITUDE_SENSOR BAROMETER ALTITUDE)

With what exact way IMU afecting DOSD when connected?
Except the Artificial Horizon option.

Is it possible waypoints to be visible on the screen as we fly?
With a barometer attached the DOSD will only display baro altitude. GPS altitude is not very accurate anyway.

With the airspeed sensor attached the DOSD should display both the GPS (ground) speed as well as air speed...shown as CAS. Sorry, I forget what the C in CA(ir)S(peed) is.

An attached IMU only effects the DOSD when you have the stabilization gain set at something other than 0. The higher the stab gain the more stab correction will be applied. Of course, the IMU also provides the data for the AHI...when active.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, TX, Mansfield
Joined Jan 2012
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
With a barometer attached the DOSD will only display baro altitude. GPS altitude is not very accurate anyway.

With the airspeed sensor attached the DOSD should display both the GPS (ground) speed as well as air speed...shown as CAS. Sorry, I forget what the C in CA(ir)S(peed) is.

An attached IMU only effects the DOSD when you have the stabilization gain set at something other than 0. The higher the stab gain the more stab correction will be applied. Of course, the IMU also provides the data for the AHI...when active.

Great info! Sorry to chime in here, but I have a follow up question on this topic please:

"The higher the stab gain the more stab correction will be applied."

Can you elaborate on this? Which axis' are stabilized? All 3?

Thanks!!!
CTvxl is offline Find More Posts by CTvxl
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:42 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,986 Posts
Quote:
But I hope that when both batteries are connected the servos take the power from the main battery not the video battery. Otherwise its too risky too fly this set up.
Servos get their power from whatever power is applied to one of the PWM connections. It is separate from powering the DOSD. You can get It from the bec on your ESC, attach a bec to your flight battery, attach a bec to your video battery, or add a separate third battery with a bec just for the servos.
Tracks is online now Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTvxl View Post
Great info! Sorry to chime in here, but I have a follow up question on this topic please:

"The higher the stab gain the more stab correction will be applied."

Can you elaborate on this? Which axis' are stabilized? All 3?

Thanks!!!
From the manual:
Auto-stabilize gain (default 0.000) Auto stabilization gain applies only to IMU stabilization. The effects of IMU and GPS stabilization are cumulative so you will have to play with the gains to determine how much of each you want. Has no function if you do not have an IMU.

GPS-stabilize gain (default 0.000) This setting helps stabilize your plane when the autopilot is off. GPS stabilization is disabled during autopilot since the autopilot should know what to do based on GPS input already. As such, you can only test this when not in autopilot mode. When active (i.e. GPS stabilizer gain is more than 0.0) it is always functioning, even when you're flying, but only when you are above about 2km/h ground speed.

Normally to test the GPS stabilizer, just increase the gain to something like 2.0. This will attempt to maintain the heading roughly (not in a strict way). So if you let go of the stick, you should see the plane eventually level. Having a 10Hz GPS would make this work better than a lower rate one since you will get more corrections.

Attitude limit: (default 30.000) Attitude limit is the angle or roll and pitch beyond which the IMU stabilizer (if IMU is present) will override autopilot input. So for example the autopilot commands a turn that results in a 50-degree bank, but attitude limit is set to 30-degrees. The IMU stabilizer will limit the bank to 50-degrees. Same applies for pitch.

Stabilization is in the pitch and roll axis'. IMU stabilization will respond faster than just GPS stabilization. To low a stab gain the lower the response time to change. If the gain is to high the system will over-correct and start porpoising up/down, rolling left/right without 'smoothing' out.
RCG Plus Member