HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:36 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantasstic View Post
the arduimu v2 works directly with the dosd...you may be able to find one in the for sale section. I had one, but already sold it. You are not out of luck though...read this:
http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic...75074101265f2a
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:38 PM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Make sure you twis the GPS wires as much as possible and add a toroid ring as close to the GPS as you can with about 5+ turns. After that mount it away from your VTx and motor etc... And do not mount the GPS cables anywhere close to your ESC... If you do all that then you should honestly get a lock in 30sec! To a couple minutes... But it will save you $40 and will work great.

Also the one in the link needs to be modded to work with DOSD 3.3v... Read at the bottom of the page.

Crazy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barok View Post
sometimes it takes awhile for my gps to lock on to the satelites,,thinking of replacing my gps this one has battery back up..is this compatible with Dosdv2
simple osd gps unit
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=219

crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:15 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
deleted
999vertigo is offline Find More Posts by 999vertigo
Last edited by 999vertigo; May 21, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:20 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 999vertigo View Post
Does Dragon OSD supports "fly-by-wire" mode with IMU installed?
No, it will keep the wings level and hold altitude but will not correct to the track it was on like the RVOSD.

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:31 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Does Dragon OSD supports "fly-by-wire" mode with IMU installed?
What do you mean 'fly by wire'??? All R/C systems are 'fly by wire'. Do you, perhaps, mean can program in and fly waypoints? If so, yes, the DOSD does that. You have to load your mission on the ground and can't change the mission while in flight. You can select/change which waypoint you want it to fly to, but you can't upload a different waypoint mission while airborne.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:11 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
deleted
Last edited by 999vertigo; May 21, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:26 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Yes wireless fly by wire...Agree.

Does with DOSD+IMU model aircraft can remain stability provided by IMU in non A/P mode (no RTH or Waypoint seq) when user is flying the rc model?
At the time he is flying the model !
If I understand the question then the answer is yes

there is a stability setting on the DOSD. You can assign as much or as little GPS stability and or IMU stability as you wish.

Furthermore you can assign the stability to a channel switch or pot on your RC Tx to adjust stability remotely without going into the menu, from 0-100% of your menu setting

I have seen people turn up the GPS stability, take the goggles off and let the plane fly itself while they chat

this is not the same as the "fly by wire" that RVOSD offers which I believe is more like a headlock gyro

Note that if you have a lot of stability it will reduce the effectiveness of the autopilot.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:08 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
deleted
Last edited by 999vertigo; May 21, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:13 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Thx Mike,

Correct me please if i`m wrong.
From DOSD Custom Settings Menu---GAIN Channel example C7.
Then from Autopilot Settings Menu---Auto-stabilize gain with IMU or GPS-stabilize gain with out IMU should change gain from C7.

If IMU is active how we can select which gain to adjust.Or both they will change gain.
yes both
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:51 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Thx Mike,

Correct me please if i`m wrong.
From DOSD Custom Settings Menu---GAIN Channel example C7.
Then from Autopilot Settings Menu---Auto-stabilize gain with IMU or GPS-stabilize gain with out IMU should change gain from C7.

If IMU is active how we can select which gain to adjust.Or both they will change gain.
I see no reason to have both stabilization set...if no IMU then set the GPS stab gain to >0, if using and IMU then set the GPS gain to 0 and the IMU gain to >0.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:01 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
deleted
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:25 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,239 Posts
Quote:
You can assign only one channel for gain..
Is what i just asked and Mike say both.
it's correct, there is one gain channel for both types of stabilisation

Vantasstic is saying that you don't need two trpes of stabilisation at the same time.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:43 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
deleted
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:40 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,067 Posts
Quote:
Then how you can disengage the GPS gain if IMU is connected with only one gain controlling both GPS and IMU.
In the DOSD menu there is a GPS Stabilization gain setting and another that just says Stabilization Gain (I believe). The one that says GPS gain uses the GPS the other uses the IMU. If you have an IMU attached and talking with the DOSD then I'd set the GPS Stab gain to 0 to disable GPS stabilization and adjust the Stab Gain (for the IMU) to suit your taste. If you assign the Gain channel to a slider/knob you can adjust the amount of gain while in flight. Lets say you set the stab. gain to 3 and assign a turn knob for Gain. With the knob all the way down you should have no stab gain, all the way up you should have stab gain of 3. This would be helpful to find what amount of gain you like. To little gain and the stabilization will be slow to correct, to high and it'll bounce all over the place.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:20 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,821 Posts
Alright .. my first prototype of the DOSD Cable for the "DragonBox" is ready .. It connects the ImmersionRC TX to the DOSD to the CCD Killer Cam..

The DragonBox will be my first attempt to create a little tiny box to fit all the sensor and the DOSD into it, so it's a clean and exchangeable installation of the DOSD in similar planes.

I also created custom cables to easily access the FrSky RX and a special PPM cable to connect the FrSky RX to the PPM Input of the DOSD.

Attached some pictures.

Next will be the power distribution block that will provide power to the DOSD, the RX and the VideoTX.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I can make those fairly quickly and they work great.
flyandi is online now Find More Posts by flyandi