SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:13 AM
Joined Jan 2008
125 Posts
question:
When i on Auto pilot plane is coming back ..but reach home position .plane will start
turn circuit ..but after 2 round plane will start nose dive..It is my ROCSTEPGAIN set too much?
oscillation effect?
hippojia is offline Find More Posts by hippojia
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:36 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
126 Posts
deleted
999vertigo is offline Find More Posts by 999vertigo
Last edited by 999vertigo; May 21, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:08 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 999vertigo View Post
Here again ..

If that the case then why when turning off my Transmitter Throttle is activated but in the FS setting and the rest A/P functions remain normal.
Simply DOSD does not control throttle as should be.Video to follow.
When you do the video, include going though the AP menu to show your settings.
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:35 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexnoobs247 View Post
Tracks, and everybody else, heres the video of my Sky Surfer going down. Once again, everything was set to go the right direction (control surfaces) all rate of climb settings were turned to 0 so it shouldn't have changed altitude. I'm going to try to retrieve the config file from it next. Can you guys tell me any ideas what may have gone wrong from this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqfOpMA-1s

A but late as others have already pointed this out, but your dive coincides exactly with the throttle going off, so your CG and trim must be way off!
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
FPV FTW!!
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Oct 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
A but late as others have already pointed this out, but your dive coincides exactly with the throttle going off, so your CG and trim must be way off!
Duely noted lol. As soon as my new cam comes in I'll be doing more ground range tests adding components to see what happens. Also, before I get it back up in the air I am going to put the aircraft in a car, drive forward around 15mph and activate RTH (No throttle of course) and see how the control surfaces react. The way I see it, if it gives up elevator and turns in some direction, we are good to go and ready to go airborn. I just don't want to destroy another plane lol.

Edit: Also, how easy is it to damage a GPS antenna in a crash like that? Its having a bit of a time picking up sats now (I put a torroid ring looped 5 times super close to the GPS) and I can't get any. How do I test to see if its working properly? I tried it with just an osd and the gps, hooked up to a laptop.
Rexnoobs247 is offline Find More Posts by Rexnoobs247
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:23 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,987 Posts
Does the GPS light blink once when you power up the OSD? Take a good look at the GPS unit and make sure none of the wires have disconnected. Give each one a light tug to make sure they don't come off. They can be resoldered if you have a steady hand.

Also make sure the GPS wires have not untwisted. I had about 1 inch untwisted and could not get any sats, even with just the OSD and GPS alone. Every little bit helps.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:36 AM
FPV FTW!!
Joined Oct 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
Does the GPS light blink once when you power up the OSD? Take a good look at the GPS unit and make sure none of the wires have disconnected. Give each one a light tug to make sure they don't come off. They can be resoldered if you have a steady hand.

Also make sure the GPS wires have not untwisted. I had about 1 inch untwisted and could not get any sats, even with just the OSD and GPS alone. Every little bit helps.
Yea it does blink once when I power it up. I'll mess with it a little more tonight. I was wondering if there was a way to use a multimeter to tell if it was bad or not. Seems to have taken a bit of a beating in the crash lol.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:38 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Talking about twisted/untwisted cables.. does it matter on the servo's?
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:53 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Duely noted lol. As soon as my new cam comes in I'll be doing more ground range tests adding components to see what happens. Also, before I get it back up in the air I am going to put the aircraft in a car, drive forward around 15mph and activate RTH (No throttle of course) and see how the control surfaces react. The way I see it, if it gives up elevator and turns in some direction, we are good to go and ready to go airborn. I just don't want to destroy another plane lol.

Edit: Also, how easy is it to damage a GPS antenna in a crash like that? Its having a bit of a time picking up sats now (I put a torroid ring looped 5 times super close to the GPS) and I can't get any. How do I test to see if its working properly? I tried it with just an osd and the gps, hooked up to a laptop.
Also check for loose connections, I had a gps with frayed wires that never locked well until I cut back the wires and soldered them again
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:18 PM
FPV FTW!!
Joined Oct 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Also check for loose connections, I had a gps with frayed wires that never locked well until I cut back the wires and soldered them again
Good call, I will look into that tonight, I really appreciate the help with all this everyone. Sucks crashing a plane twice in a row lol
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
Ok, I miss read your post. You want to log data with no video or osd displayed.

I think it will log data regardless of video.
I thought you were asking if osd would be displayed without video from camera.
Iv tried this multiple times and cant get the GPS to initialize without Video in :/ oh well, its an OSD first, not a Dedicated Data logger, Ill just have to enjoy more FPV, dang... lol

Self righting Flying wing almost done! FPV wings here i come!

Does the OSD commander software have a setting for Flying wings or do i have to manually do this? I would love to mess around with AP on my new 60" low power wing, my record so far 18 min on a 1000mah (without FPV gear turned on)
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Iv tried this multiple times and cant get the GPS to initialize without Video in :/ oh well, its an OSD first, not a Dedicated Data logger, Ill just have to enjoy more FPV, dang... lol

Does the OSD commander software have a setting for Flying wings or do i have to manually do this? I would love to mess around with AP on my new 60" low power wing, my record so far 18 min on a 1000mah (without FPV gear turned on)
DOSD has elevon/V-tail mixes built in that you can use, set PWM outputs to elevon 1, elevon2..
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:23 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
DOSD has elevon/V-tail mixes built in that you can use, set PWM outputs to elevon 1, elevon2..
Ya I figured, and read somewhere it supports it, just not sure if there was a config in the Desktop software for this setup.
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:34 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Good call, I will look into that tonight, I really appreciate the help with all this everyone. Sucks crashing a plane twice in a row lol
Twice?!? Man.. come talk to me when you hit a dozen or so..
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:35 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post

I just realized, I power up my DOSD without the camera or Vtx connected all the time and get satellite signal.