HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:24 AM
Fly the Discombooberator!
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee View Post
Hi magnetman,

A little unrelated but I'm interested to know what happened. So the autopilot was working and suddenly started a slow spiral. At the same time you could not control the plane at 1km? Could it be possible that something else had gone wrong? Have you tested and configured the autopilot under working conditions?

In the meantime, if you are interested in the DragonOSD+, you should grab one at USD99 while you can. We are down to just a few more units that we are prepared to let go at this price. After that the price will go up to USD130.

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

I have had the autopilot working fine in calm conditions, yes. . I have it set up on a 3 way switch on the TX and can switch it in and out easily. What I do know is that the wing loading was quite high with a large battery and allthe pan/tilt kit on board (Thunder Tiger E- Hawk 2m electric glider) and it was quite prone to tipstalling if slowed down too much, sometimes it would drop out of stability if too windy and I would have to revert to manual, otherwise the AP would hardover trying to correct. I think this it what happened, the slow spin developed into a virtual vertical dive, by which time it looks as if one of the wings was half way folded. but - I did not have the presence of mind to switch it out in time. Pity my video recorder stopped working, I was flying it from TV screen. I have had it all working on the bench since and it is fine.

Never mind! was going to build a new setup anyway!

Yes I would love the new one at that price!! !! please PM me your Paypal email or whatever

Best Regards

Richard
magnetman is offline Find More Posts by magnetman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:22 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Richard,

John (JMSTECH) is the guy to go to. I think you will be one of the last few guys to get it at USD99. I'm trying to get the IMU out soon so hopefully those incidents will be a thing of the past.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Mar 25, 2010, 09:45 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Richard,

John (JMSTECH) is the guy to go to. I think you will be one of the last few guys to get it at USD99. I'm trying to get the IMU out soon so hopefully those incidents will be a thing of the past.

Daniel
\o/
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:48 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,620 Posts
Daniel is right about the $99 deal.... I'm still getting people PMing me about the special offer and they missed it due to work or other legitimate reasons. So it's best for the community that I keep it at $99 for a little bit longer.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Last edited by JMSTECH; Mar 25, 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
Look what i found in the box this morning... now that's what i call quick shipping !

ps: it seems slighty lighter than announced or my stuff needs a new calibration with the rising temperature:P

i wish all products shipped from canada its always super quick like that
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:50 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Jim, the problem could be my side as I only measured the prototype which I hand soldered. The factory assembled ones could be lighter. 7.9g sounds great.

Daniel
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:02 PM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
@JMSTECH - I need an OSD that will display compass heading, from a compass not a GPS. Will this OSD do it? If so, I'll take one also!
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:15 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
gobigkahuna,

Yes, this OSD will do it but you will need to buy the compass from Sparkfun. You can take a look at the compass in the following link (3rd post from the top):-

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63

The DragonOSD+ will accept a barometer (actually two types) as well so you can fly with barometric altitude and magnetic heading without the need of an attached GPS.

Daniel
Old Mar 25, 2010, 06:36 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Jim, the problem could be my side as I only measured the prototype which I hand soldered. The factory assembled ones could be lighter. 7.9g sounds great.

Daniel
oh you know i wouldn'"t call that a problem haha
it does feel like 7.9/8g anyway

the built quality is good, for anyone who wondered
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:33 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,620 Posts
Ohhhh jimbob00.. you are teasing everyone LOL! Now those who are getting theirs any day now might not get any sleep . By the way guys, PLEASSSSSEEEEE read up on the manual!!! Located here: (DragonOSD + configuration) http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewforum.php?f=7 Also read up on the other DOSD+ related materials so it will guide you guys into a smooth ride. Well hope you all enjoy riding the Dragon!!

John
Old Mar 25, 2010, 09:21 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,240 Posts
yeah your teasing us....
well ordered my gps..$35. got the LS20033 GPS 5HZ
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=locosys

current sensor.. http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9028

usb plug..http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8772

what else do i need..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Mar 25, 2010, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
That's a good start. You have a wide range of sensors that you can use if you want to. Most of the links are provided in the support forum. I'm always adding support for more sensors as well as features.

If you guys have ideas for good features, don't be afraid to ask.

Daniel
Old Mar 25, 2010, 09:42 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,620 Posts
Indeed! Dragon OSD+ is very versatile and Daniel is pretty amazing at writing up software to make things work.. you ask and he can whip something up with in miniutes or with in an hour!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 09:53 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
Daniel or John...

I am bench testing/setting up my DOSD+ and I have been looking at the instructions on TSEBI website.

So far I have connected.....

1. Power thru the current sensor + the power jumper on the OSD board. (I swapped red and white just like it shows)

2. Camera video in and out to a monitor.

Powered all up and no OSD on screen?

Do I need to make the PPM channel 9 connection for the DOSD+ to display on the vid out?

For the channel 9 PPM connection do I leave the red center wire connected between DL and DOSD+?

Thanks
Dale
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:12 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
Ok, I just checked my current sensor and I am not getting any power on the red wire going to the OSD.

I have the Sparkfun C/S and I did the mod where you remove the 3 resistors.

I likely have screwed something up on the C/S board, tho I was very careful removing the resistors....

You guys may remember I am pretty good at soldering this tiny stuff....

John... I used the big Weller 120 Watt gun......

NOT!

(sorry John, I just had to throw that in there...)
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex