HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:08 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
4,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I did a mod on my DOSD board that helped improve the text with borders on. In short, it produces a thinner black border. If you're not soldering profecient you could end up damaging your board so consider before doing. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14534
big thanks for the link. I remember reading about that mod. Not sure I want to risk it, but with our usual overcast skies, I need a solution for reading the upper section of the OSD. I tend to solder adjacent contacts together+re-do a lot when trying this stuff - but haven't bricked anything yet.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
return home DOSD V2

How do i tighten up the turn redius?
when circling on return to home.
Bruce the goose is offline Find More Posts by Bruce the goose
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:23 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce the goose View Post
Reduce the 'Hit Distance' in the menu. I think it's default to something like 200 (meters). Make it smaller and it should circle tighter. Or do you mean, how to make the initial turn to home tighter? I think that may be adjustable, but can't recall right off the top of my head...perhaps turning up the ROTstep gain...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce the goose View Post
Increase ROTStepGain. Do so in small increments.
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
Attitude Limit will determine the roll rate for you i think...could be wrong mind
rsands2801 is offline Find More Posts by rsands2801
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
Max heading change? if its higher it would change the roll rate according to manual
rsands2801 is offline Find More Posts by rsands2801
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
Delaware
Joined Oct 2007
47 Posts
Dosd+v1

Hey guys, I really can use some help. I have a DOSD+V1 with software version 4.0. I bought this when it first came out, but never used it until now. I plan to use it in a Stryker, but there is no elevonmix for this version of software.

I have tried for about a week to get the pc commander to work using the flytron usb/ttl loader and this one (http://www.foxtechfpv.com/index.php?..._image&pID=242) but no luck. I can use hyper terminal and the flytron loader to communicate with the DOSD. I also tried the ds 30 loader, but when I select the hex file the write config box on advanced tag and the write program on basic tab become unchecked and grayed out. When I click download, the download box opens and says "Nothing to do"

I hope you guys have some insight on what the problem is.

Thanks
Hocke57.
Hocke57 is offline Find More Posts by Hocke57
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsands2801 View Post
Attitude Limit will determine the roll rate for you i think...could be wrong mind
No, that only works if you have an IMU installed. The DOSD itself can't determine bank angles without an IMU's input.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:19 PM
hollywoodjoe67
United States, NH, Wakefield
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
standard 5pin plug

hey john,

how are ya? just wandering if i can get another standard 5 pin plug that goes from dragonlink tx to back of futaba radio, I filled the wire end connector with solder and could not melt it out...uggh....let me know, thank you...joe janis
hollywoodjoe67 is offline Find More Posts by hollywoodjoe67
Old Feb 19, 2012, 01:58 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocke57 View Post
Hey guys, I really can use some help. I have a DOSD+V1 with software version 4.0. I bought this when it first came out, but never used it until now. I plan to use it in a Stryker, but there is no elevonmix for this version of software.

I have tried for about a week to get the pc commander to work using the flytron usb/ttl loader and this one (http://www.foxtechfpv.com/index.php?..._image&pID=242) but no luck. I can use hyper terminal and the flytron loader to communicate with the DOSD. I also tried the ds 30 loader, but when I select the hex file the write config box on advanced tag and the write program on basic tab become unchecked and grayed out. When I click download, the download box opens and says "Nothing to do"

I hope you guys have some insight on what the problem is.

Thanks
Hocke57.
I think the baud rate for connections changed around then sometime, don't know it that helps?
can you try loading older/newer versions incrementally ?
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
Delaware
Joined Oct 2007
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
I think the baud rate for connections changed around then sometime, don't know it that helps?
can you try loading older/newer versions incrementally ?
I have tried older and newer versions after the baud rate changed, and it hasn't helped.
Hocke57 is offline Find More Posts by Hocke57
Old Feb 19, 2012, 04:35 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
471 Posts
I am currently in the middle of a new build (Zephyr II Wing) and am laying out the wiring schematic. I am running both servos on the DOSD as well as the throttle signal wire for AP to control the throttle. My question is; where does the power come from to power the servos while they are connected to the DOSD? Does it come from the CH9 PPM out/ power cable from the DL Rx, or does it come from the DOSD? Do I still need a BEC on the DL Rx if no servos are connected to it? I am wondering where (if at all) I need to use the external BEC.
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:39 PM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodjoe67 View Post
hey john,

how are ya? just wandering if i can get another standard 5 pin plug that goes from dragonlink tx to back of futaba radio, I filled the wire end connector with solder and could not melt it out...uggh....let me know, thank you...joe janis
I gave away my last one trying to help another Dragon Link user but you can give this guy a try.
http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/connectors/

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:43 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocke57 View Post
I have tried older and newer versions after the baud rate changed, and it hasn't helped.
are you getting live data or any kind of connection with PC commander?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:47 PM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
I am currently in the middle of a new build (Zephyr II Wing) and am laying out the wiring schematic. I am running both servos on the DOSD as well as the throttle signal wire for AP to control the throttle. My question is; where does the power come from to power the servos while they are connected to the DOSD? Does it come from the CH9 PPM out/ power cable from the DL Rx, or does it come from the DOSD? Do I still need a BEC on the DL Rx if no servos are connected to it? I am wondering where (if at all) I need to use the external BEC.
you need to power the servos connected to DOSD, the receiver and any servos attached to it.

normally you power one and the other is connected electrically via the PPM line thus powering the other

with a BEC in your ESC this is normally powering your system via the ESC control cable. Safer to use a separate BEC connected to a free servo position and tie back the power leads (both + and -) in the ESC control cable

DOSD does not supply power to servos.